Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Labtech

OH AND ALSO:

Thank you so much for listening. I know some people of the zOMG! community can be very impatient and downright rude, so just.. thank you.

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
Oh god, an actual schedule.
I could cry. emo heart
Woo a schedule.
Thanks. cat_3nodding

Newbie Noob

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Since I can't <3 this thread,

YOU GET ALL MY HEARTS LIKE THIS

heart heart heart heart heart

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Thank you so much.

No more lag induced spam. emotion_awesome

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Thank you. emotion_hug

Generous Millionaire

10,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Thank you for giving us a a schedule. Keep up the good work, Pan.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
What? You mean no more lag threads? sad

Benevolent Codger

Can I ask that the schedule be listed in-game, when it's finalised? Even information that's ubiquitous in the Forums is often largely unknown for players who don't visit often, and some of the advantages of a routine cycle schedule are lost when it's not common knowledge. Perhaps an update on the server-selection screen marquee (which is currently outdated, anyway) whenever times are decided-upon, and - if it's not too much to ask - a section on Server Cycles in the Game Help document? That way the information is at least available to non-Forum players, if they need it.

An alternative would be having a standard System-channel server-cycle text ("New servers are up! (Servers are cycled each Tuesday and Friday at 11am PST.)" ) - it would be a little less visible, but at least it would ensure that the players who encounter problems relating to cycling (e.g. browser-crash after a cycle; remind me to ask about a 'Reconnect' option, by-the-by sweatdrop ) would be all-but-guaranteed to see the information at least once, which helps them to avoid it (or at least expect it) in the future. The Game Help section would still be useful though, so players who still don't understand what that means have access to a bit more clarification...

EDIT: Seems I forgot to say 'thanks', as well. But hopefully by this point you realise that's always implicit... wink

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Thanks Pan! Great news that we have a regular schedule now. I think 2 cycles a week on 2 servers should be okay, but I'm sure we can give feedback if we need more to deal with the traffic.

Thanks again!

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Bashful Poster

12,050 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
Thanks very much Pan!

With all the traffic coming to DMS, I think that we might need one more server for the weekends(Friday auto-cycle).

Barton Sweetheart

Thank you for posting to let us know about this change in server cycling.

It's a shame most people have missed this sticky due to various reason.

Seeker

7,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Regular 100
There's a schedule emotion_kirakira

But like Red Kutai said, it would be awesome if you could update the launch page as well so that the News Bulletn reads that DMS is open for everyone forever and that the servers have a cycling schedule.

The last time it was updated was around Christmas and it still reads that DMS will be open between December 23 and 28. Not incorrect as such but it wouldn't be too soon to update it I think sweatdrop

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
I'll look into changing the startup text, that's a good idea. We're going to do a system message one hour before server switch, warning people about the impending change.

Red Kutai

Can I ask that the schedule be listed in-game, when it's finalised? Even information that's ubiquitous in the Forums is often largely unknown for players who don't visit often, and some of the advantages of a routine cycle schedule are lost when it's not common knowledge. Perhaps an update on the server-selection screen marquee (which is currently outdated, anyway) whenever times are decided-upon, and - if it's not too much to ask - a section on Server Cycles in the Game Help document? That way the information is at least available to non-Forum players, if they need it.

An alternative would be having a standard System-channel server-cycle text ("New servers are up! (Servers are cycled each Tuesday and Friday at 11am PST.)" ) - it would be a little less visible, but at least it would ensure that the players who encounter problems relating to cycling (e.g. browser-crash after a cycle; remind me to ask about a 'Reconnect' option, by-the-by sweatdrop ) would be all-but-guaranteed to see the information at least once, which helps them to avoid it (or at least expect it) in the future. The Game Help section would still be useful though, so players who still don't understand what that means have access to a bit more clarification...

EDIT: Seems I forgot to say 'thanks', as well. But hopefully by this point you realise that's always implicit... wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff