Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Q has been generous enough to tell us that there will be in-game clans which are seperate from regular Gaia guilds.

Each player can only join one battle clan at a time.

Q also eluded to the use of clans in PvP.

So how do you think clans can work?

Here is my synopsis of ideas:
Clans will of course have quite a bit of pride attached to them so there should of course be ways to show off your pride and I believe that adding the clan name under someones username would be a simple but effective way to show clan pride. Maybe even allow users to add a custom flag that they can upload themselves (Yes I know there will be the random douche who has to put a p***s as a flag but there will be a report clan feature as well for any clan who has an offensive name or flag).

As for PvP it has been suggested alot to have castles or bases though where would they go? Possibly a guild can have a base that the members can warp to from moonfields. Possibly when there is a PvP challenge from another guild both the bases are warped to either side of a randomized battle field, the two sides would have already have decided the game type (either capture the flag, seize the control points, or full out most kills win game types) through the clan leaders of the two clans.

Of course though the clan war can be done with the teams being set up on two sides of a battle field, the base I personally think isn't necessary.

Otherwise the clans functions could also be used for organizing teams to raid harder instances in the game. The base feature could maybe have a room where portals appear that can warp other members to any moonfield so if a member is standing in front of an instance with a moonfield in front of it they can send a clan channel message to everyone that he's organizing a group there and if any of the members are interested they can go to the nearest moonfield and warp to the base then warp to the members field for an fast and easy way to find eachother.

Or maybe even just add a feature to mark a moonfield so you can tell everyone that your there and who you need and they can go to a moonfield and there will be a menu of places that have been marked by team mates.

Either way clans should be able to stay in touch and group together easily.

but what are your ideas guys?
There are mmorpg's where you can take places/castles/fortresses and get economical benefits from it like gold/items/materials.
It would be getting very interesting if you could take a castle with your clan and every clan member gets a bunch of gold every week.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
That'd put too much gold into the economy.

Clans should rather be a sort of gold sink though your clan winning a certain amount of clan battles should reward anyone who was in them with maybe avatar items or special rings.

Gold isn't a very smart reward though.

Wheezing Warlord

GenTrigger

Clans should rather be a sort of gold sink though your clan winning a certain amount of clan battles should reward anyone who was in them with maybe avatar items or special rings.

What if it comes out of the losing clan's cash? Kinda like how guilds have money, clans could have money. I think that you sould have to/be able to give money to your clan, which can then buy items that do things like buff clanmembers.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
SykoCaster
GenTrigger

What if it comes out of the losing clan's cash? Kinda like how guilds have money, clans could have money. I think that you sould have to/be able to give money to your clan, which can then buy items that do things like buff clanmembers.

Or maybe set up a points system.

That'd give too much power to rich gaians who can afford to donate lots to their guild.

If you award points for victories in clan battles that can be spent on benefits for the guild then it would be based more off of skill.

Wheezing Warlord

GenTrigger
SykoCaster
GenTrigger

That'd give too much power to rich gaians who can afford to donate lots to their guild.

If you award points for victories in clan battles that can be spent on benefits for the guild then it would be based more off of skill.
Yeah, didn't think of that. sweatdrop

I think it's CoH/CoV that does that, too.

But it'd give people a reason to join clans.
Again I believe Ro is the only gfame to have perfected the art that is clan/guild wars.I hear guild wars guild system is even better than Ro you tax player by level or by their choice not use gold to power up and then you use skills(I.E telrport entire clan too enemie base)

Also after you take a castle and hold it through Woe you get 10 old card albums,Which could translate to Ring polish for The BS (Idea I read on forums that Quixter plans on implementing) Or maybe Some rare ring or items.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
SykoCaster
GenTrigger
SykoCaster
GenTrigger

Exactly!

They want to make this as big of a social system as it is a battle system so that would make people want to join clans and want to participate.

Clan pride would become a great social leverage point that would make lots of friends and enemies which would all-together be pretty fun.

Wheezing Warlord

GenTrigger
SykoCaster
GenTrigger
SykoCaster
GenTrigger

Exactly!

They want to make this as big of a social system as it is a battle system so that would make people want to join clans and want to participate.

Clan pride would become a great social leverage point that would make lots of friends and enemies which would all-together be pretty fun.
I agree with the whole "Clan Pride" thing, but I was never fond of the "Clan Name Constantly Below Me" idea. Hopefully Gaia will come up with something a little more creative that that.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Maybe... but I sure would like it :3

Not sure how they'll do that but as long as the clan that I belong to is easily identifiable then I'm happy ^^

Also you need a good way to show your alliance in PvP but that can be done easily with a red or blue circle for either team around their feet.

Wheezing Warlord

Just thought of something else. Instead of clan points, we should use gold. But, we do it a little differently. Ge, you pointed out that it'd make the rich people clans more powerful. What if, instead, they made gold in the BS like items in towns? You need to transfer it to your main account, otherwise it'll remain on your game. Only that, the ingame gold, could be given to the clan. It'd promote loyalty to a clan ('cause you're still paying it), and make the experience more... trusting, I suppose. Points wouldn't mean any sacrafice from the individual players. This would.
'

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
True!

So all the gold that is in the clan is earned in-game?

that could work.
GenTrigger
True!

that could work.

Hey Gentrigger did you check out my moonfield idea yet also did anyone care about mut my earlier post or not.

Wheezing Warlord

GenTrigger
True!

that could work.
I really don't see a downside...

*o snap* Idea that doesn't totally suck!

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Hurd23
GenTrigger
True!

that could work.

Hey Gentrigger did you check out my moonfield idea yet also did anyone care about mut my earlier post or not.

Well as to what you said:

Q has stated that they are trying their hardest to make something that feels original and following another games pattern would make it feel too much like that other game.

And I'll give the thread a peruse in a sec.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff