Welcome to Gaia! ::

elloy4510
i say runescape stinks
Hear hear!
Kira_Tsukasa
I never said it was "so freaking difficult." But Java isn't the choice language to create 3-D graphics, Visual C++ is. Java, however, is able to be used in conjunction with HTML making it the choice for a browser based game. If you nothing of computer programming and the capabilities of one language to the next, then you really have no room to talk in this discussion. The same goes for the people saying "I've never played it but it sucks anyway."
and how much do you know about 3D graphics exactly? do you have any room to talk there?
File Transfer
Kira_Tsukasa
I never said it was "so freaking difficult." But Java isn't the choice language to create 3-D graphics, Visual C++ is. Java, however, is able to be used in conjunction with HTML making it the choice for a browser based game. If you nothing of computer programming and the capabilities of one language to the next, then you really have no room to talk in this discussion. The same goes for the people saying "I've never played it but it sucks anyway."
and how much do you know about 3D graphics exactly? do you have any room to talk there?
I have a college education in computer programming and I took a few electives in 3-D animation.
and you're still defending Runescape's models, textures, and animations? pitiful.
huh???? ninja rs2 and gaia's mmo? No. ninja

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Well you can't say until the GBS comes out though Runescape looks like one of those gaming college recruitment video's where they have some horrid little animation going on as they act excited to no avail.

Gaia is cute and easy to look at :3

Runescape is kind of a strain to even guess at what your beating up with your brown block.
File Transfer
and you're still defending Runescape's models, textures, and animations? pitiful.
rofl I'm sorry, that seriously made me laugh.

Java will always be better than Flash. Gaia could use Java to make their battle system but they won't. I never said that Runescape's were the best period. I said they were the best considering the language. Since Gaia won't switch to a more advanced programming method, then Runescape will always be better than Gaia. End of story.

@Naxts_The_Demon: That's flaming and you can be reported and banned for it.
so... because the language is more complicated, that's the only reason why Runescape is better... I'm glad we got that cleared up, even if the end product is vastly inferior to that of a flash game, Runescape will always be superior due to Java.

analogy for you. a kid is building something out of playdough, his friend is making something from modelling clay, playdough kid is using only a butter knife a toothpick and his hands, where his friend is using all manner of sculpting tools. at the end of the day, both are finished with their projects, but the play-dough one looks far superior to the clay sculpture. is the clay sculpture better just because the means to make it were more complicated?

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
File Transfer
so... because the language is more complicated, that's the only reason why Runescape is better... I'm glad we got that cleared up, even if the end product is vastly inferior to that of a flash game, Runescape will always be superior due to Java.

analogy for you. a kid is building something out of playdough, his friend is making something from modelling clay, playdough kid is using only a butter knife a toothpick and his hands, where his friend is using all manner of sculpting tools. at the end of the day, both are finished with their projects, but the play-dough one looks far superior to the clay sculpture. is the clay sculpture better just because the means to make it were more complicated?

good analogy.

Seriously I've seen pure ART done with flash and sure java is superior it's what you do with it that makes the difference.

while gaia's battle system has smooth animations and nice-to-look-at visuals runescape is choppy, bland and altogether looks slapped together compared to what we've seen of the GBS
no.. that analogy wasn't quite perfect... since Java isn't the best tool for taht type of game, the clay kid should have been using pencils, pens, and paintbrushes to sculpt. good for other stuff, but not for sculpting.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
File Transfer
no.. that analogy wasn't quite perfect... since Java isn't the best tool for taht type of game, the clay kid should have been using pencils, pens, and paintbrushes to sculpt. good for other stuff, but not for sculpting.

Well that there makes more sense :3

it looked like a valiant effort though fell on it's face compared to everything else.
runescape sucks.

5,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ive been playing 4 years.. 2 years on one account, 3 on other 2 years.
YAY ME!
I found out that my very first 2 accounts recovered from their ban. I am now starting to train them.

RS2:
Duke Horaco, Member, Level 88
Weblo1: Nonmember, Level 47
Weblo2: Did not recover from ban.
Weblo25: nonmember, level 11
Rman900: Pure, friends account, Level - ?? Probably 30-40. Nonmember

Generous Supporter

6,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
lol i played runescape for 2 years got hacked then played for another 2 years and made 900mil stare it so fun when ur rich and im only lv 72

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff