Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which armor type would you be?

Melee 0.57692307692308 57.7% [ 15 ]
Ranged 0.19230769230769 19.2% [ 5 ]
Caster 0.23076923076923 23.1% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 26 ]

With people talking about classes and such, i was just wondering if rings will be classified as being melee/ranged/spell and if the combination of rings we are effect "class"
example: If someone wheres 5 spell rings and 3 ranged would the game classify them as a caster class and label/change them in a small way to show that (more mana?)
Aswell if armor types have weaknesses to skills that are opposite what they are.
example: Melee abilities effect Ranged armor more then Caster.
Ranged abilities effect Caster armor more then Melee.
Caster abilities effect Melee armour more then Ranged.
Creating a circle which in sense makes it so no 1 combination of skills makes any 1 character unbeatable in pvp or pve. Every combination has weaknesses.

Dapper Roisterer

2,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Window Shopper 100
that rock paper scissors armor type is simple and lame
like in freakin runescape.

Tiny Shapeshifter

You'll get 8 different combinations of rings in which to your liking. I'm not sure whether they all are just for attacking skills or they're divided between strength, defense, agility, etc. If they're not just for skills, then whatever you have more of, you'll be weaker with the others.

Such as I have 3 defense rings, 3 attacking skills ring, 2 strength rings. Oh wait, I don't have anything on speed so I'll be really slower than those who does have a speed ring. This is what I think so I'm not sure this is how the BS going to work.
Kurenai Gekijou
that rock paper scissors armor type is simple and lame
like in freakin runescape.
Every MMO fits into it in some way. I agree that it is simple but thats the upside to it, it doesnt take alot of time or programming to balance the game.
it won't say what class you are, the whole point is to have your own combo of rings and make up your own class, and rings will come in attack rings, spell rings, and enhancement rings
the game would be in real time,
so hopefully the batle system somewhat near to mabinogi.

I select the enemy, click hotkey for the "attack" skill, inflict damage, the enemy reacts and I can hotkey the command for a "defense" skill in order to low the damage, then waiting for the next attack hotkey a "counter hit" skill and once I got hit I can counter hit him maybe pushing him back.

This is the most awesome battle system ever in the online gaming and I hope gaia would a similar one, even 50% of it will be fine.
Rock, paper, scissors is very linear and static. Under any circumstance, one "class" can beat another. I would like to see less of an A beats B beats C beast A etc. and more of a tactical ring layout to define the tactics.
Makes sense to me.
I suppose.

Beloved Citizen

6,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Friendly 100
almost every game has the same triangle or similar. it's balance and it's good... after all if your armed with all the best rings there should always be someone able to defeat you... otherwise it'd risk having 1 player as like a master overlord or something... nobody wants one person thinking they're the best and going out to the PvP fields or whatever and blasting everyone away... that'd be lame... but cool to watch i bet...

(I had to correct a spellin mistake... i bet there's more...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff