125+ 0.065573770491803 6.6% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 >

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Welcome to Robo's official hive thread! I decided it was about time to earn the title "Hive Queen!"

Here's a brief table of contents (will update as I complete the thread)

1st post - Information on current hive run or next planned run
2nd post - Basic guide to Robo's way of doing hive
3rd post - List of Hivers
4th post - Hive jokes
5th post - Why Hive?

Current run: No current run

Update: currently trying to get back to Gaia, but school and getting a job has hindered that a bit. However, I will be out of school by the end of the week and hopefully can be more available after that!

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Robo's Way of Hive
I will update this section as my strategy evolves.

Ringsets
Many people's first instinct is to grab a bunch of AoE rings and mob it. This strategy is fine for early waves, but by wave 50, the amount of lightening bugs mobbing you will be enough that you won't be able to do damage fast enough while still keeping up with healing yourselves. If you're trying to get as far as possible, come ready for the later waves, not the early ones.

The ringsets that I have found most successful and have gotten the farthest with are as follows

User Image
User Image

The high DPS of the three swords is nice for waves when everyone has a strider of their very own. Some people prefer to switch mantis out for hot foot, and a bit more AoE is nice though not essential. I leave it up to the individual.

Everyone should bring meat and wish. The only buff you won't need is Fleet Feet, since there's not much room to run around and the willpower boost isn't that important. At least two people should bring cat, but three is optimal since it misses so much. Those who don't bring cat should bring a passive or bandage, whichever is their preference.

Kill Order
Lightening Bugs (Pink buggies)
Walkers (White four legged alien)
Landstriders (Black and Green alien)

Note: I don't include shockroaches (white bugs) because generally slash/hotfoot AoE takes care of them. Death roaches (bomb buggies <3) are not on the list because all you can really do is avoid them until they explode.

Save a Strider Strategy (Hooray Alliteration!)
During higher waves, the crew should not kneel between waves. There isn't enough time to fully recover stamina, and Deathroaches run out and explode before the words pop up warning us of the next wave. So starting between waves 40 and 50, I will start designating a strider to save. This strider stays cat'd and untouched by the crew while we kill everything else. Once everything but the strider is dead, the crew rests while the catters carefully make sure he stays cat'd. When the crew has refilled their stam/health, the strider is then killed.

When to Use Cat
Cat striders as much as possible. This way they're not spitting AoE bleed effects at you while you kill everything else. During earlier waves, striders are really the only thing you need to use cat on. You don't need to cat walkers; it just takes up time while they run away from you and you gotta chase 'em.

Around the same time that the "save a strider strategy" goes in place, you may notice that the lightening bugs start mobbing you and healing each other fast enough that it takes several tries to kill them. When this starts happening, R4 cat a few times to separate them from each other and keep them from healing. One person can kill a lightening bug fairly quickly when they aren't healing themselves and each other.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
List of Hivers
If you would like to be my minion added to the list of people I contact when planning a hive crew, just say so in the thread. It would also be helpful if you subscribe to this thread so that I can more easily get people's attention when I'm trying to plan something.

Robotic Chibi-tan
The Zothaq (aka Zohoe aka Robo's b***h)
0sako
A Random Act of Terror
Silk Kanishk
TigerLilyChick
berserk0
Owlie
Thallo Eyein
TheRoseLife
xSaiph
Infinite Secrets
Gay Crayon
Rainbow Filled Nights
The Art of Losing
LDawn
Piggyback-Chan
Starshine
VKiera
Paloc2
dyonnikia
xMiyachu
MonBazko
iPervertedxCupcake
Sanzeni Nagi
SmallTownGuy
icy_wyvern
belimmyy (Mule of immortal cookies)
~black petals~
Dandeliondart
prinsess-pechi
glazed strawberry

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Hive jokes
The best thing about the hive is all the joking around and silliness that goes on there sometimes whee

The Hive is a Hermaphrodite - You know those tentacles that smack your a** if you get too close to the edge... We all know what that is. And then, the holes in the walls that the bugs come out of? That's the erm... "other half."

The Hive is Marshall's a**s - I don't even know. Or want to know.

The Hive is Marshall's Lover - Really, the man is in an open relationship with ALL of Gaia, so this one is probably true.

The Hive Likes Tidy Whites - Due to an anon sending the z!F some presents, this is a new favorite theory of mine.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Why Hive?

People ask me this one a lot. Why hive? Do you get a lot of money? Isn't the hive one of those things you do during quests and then never touch again? Why go back? My biggest answer is this: It's fun!

It is possible to nerf from hive, if you stay there for 70+ waves, but I don't really see it as a good gold farming spot. The hive is good for orb and ring farming, but most people don't need them by the time they start hiving for fun.

Personally, I hive for two reasons. First, I have met a lot of friends in random hive crews, and I really enjoy the social aspect and opportunity of hive. During the lower waves, you have time to be laid back and hang out and joke around and get to know each other. No creepy zombie silence allowed!
Secondly, I like the competition. It's great to compete with yourself and other members of the z!F to see how far you can get. Most people go eek when they hear that my highest wave is 117. Other's go "Really? That's cute. Come back after you hit 150." It adds an aspect of community, something we can all talk about and compete against.

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
It appears having my own guide has made me the target of a couple anons. Thanks, you guys cheered me up whee

[NPC] Rina
Hey there!

I've got a special gift for you!

Message: How many tickles does it take to make an eel laugh?

Ten-tickles!

Why don't you head over to your inventory and see what you got!

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
people can post as I finish the thread. Idc

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Alright. It's a bit plain for now, but we're open for business!

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I want to Hive! emotion_awesome

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Owlie
I want to Hive! emotion_awesome

Alrighty. I'll add ya to the list and let you know when I plan my next run 3nodding

Unforgiving Gaian

Yay, I'd like to join for Hive sometime! emotion_awesome

Invisible Gaian

14,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Subscribed

Clever Aggressor

17,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
emotion_kirakira Finally someone else see the love in the hive!
COUNT ME IN. I'm always willing to see Mr. Licker! <3
User Image
Look at him in that corner. emotion_bigheart

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
thanks for the hive guide!
/subscribes

Quick Reply

Submit