Welcome to Gaia! ::

hyper n_n
orple
Kyla_Ewens
THEY HAVEN"T SAID THERE WON'T BE WEAPONS! YOU CAN'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT WHAT WE WON'T HAVE WHEN THEY'VE TOLD US THAT THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN US ALL THE INFORMATION YET!!!
    Yes they did. :/ I went to their Panel at Anime Expo where they stated that current weapons will NOT affect your game play. (I believe they said that too in their announcement) They might look into having weapons add some features to your rings, but for the most part, it's all rings.
I didn't see it in the announcement..
Really?
I just realized that my post sounds like a total contradiction. D: What I mean is, they might look into having future items (possibly weapons) add affects to your rings.
They did mention that.
[NPC] GAIA Battle

Fear not! Rings can be upgraded by infusing special items found throughout the world into them. We’ll discuss “upgrades” in a future info release, but you can continuously power up your Rings over time as your character matures and becomes more seasoned through adventuring.

But they did say at the Panel that they will not be using old MC weapons for the inflation/newbie issue.
Umm, I thought it had been known for a while that we wouldn't be using Monthly Collectibles as weapons. I could have sworn reading somewhere that Monthly Collectibles would have no use in the Battle System at all.

Maybe I'm delusional (and prophetic) but I thought this complaint had been made last year and finally people came to live with it because it MAKES SENSE.
Cinnamon Bon-Bon
I do agree that you CANNOT have a battle system without weapons. It's just ... illogical. I can understand why current items won't be used simply due to the massive amount of recoding that would be involved. However, there is a WEAPON SHOP on the Isle de Gambino. So, let's USE it. Battle System only weapons. Like someone suggested, an in-game customizer to equip the weapons would solve the avvie problem.

Yes, the rings should be an additional accessory. Wearing a Fire Ring can give your weapon a fire-based ability, depending on the type of weapon it is. Or a Healing Ring could simply slowly restore HP (or whatever).

As for not being fair to people who don't have gold ... if they really want to play the game, then they will just have to get off their duffs and EARN the gold, like the rest of us have. Seriously. This is NOT a utopia.

There is... but as it seems the game takes place in the south..
orple
hyper n_n
orple
Kyla_Ewens
THEY HAVEN"T SAID THERE WON'T BE WEAPONS! YOU CAN'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT WHAT WE WON'T HAVE WHEN THEY'VE TOLD US THAT THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN US ALL THE INFORMATION YET!!!
    Yes they did. :/ I went to their Panel at Anime Expo where they stated that current weapons will NOT affect your game play. (I believe they said that too in their announcement) They might look into having weapons add some features to your rings, but for the most part, it's all rings.
I didn't see it in the announcement..
Really?
I just realized that my post sounds like a total contradiction. D: What I mean is, they might look into having future items (possibly weapons) add affects to your rings.
They did mention that.
[NPC] GAIA Battle

Fear not! Rings can be upgraded by infusing special items found throughout the world into them. We’ll discuss “upgrades” in a future info release, but you can continuously power up your Rings over time as your character matures and becomes more seasoned through adventuring.

But they did say at the Panel that they will not be using old MC weapons for the inflation/newbie issue.
I know that, that's why I mentioned earlier that the should make weapons just for the battle system that you can only get in the battle system...
hyper n_n
Cinnamon Bon-Bon
I do agree that you CANNOT have a battle system without weapons. It's just ... illogical. I can understand why current items won't be used simply due to the massive amount of recoding that would be involved. However, there is a WEAPON SHOP on the Isle de Gambino. So, let's USE it. Battle System only weapons. Like someone suggested, an in-game customizer to equip the weapons would solve the avvie problem.

Yes, the rings should be an additional accessory. Wearing a Fire Ring can give your weapon a fire-based ability, depending on the type of weapon it is. Or a Healing Ring could simply slowly restore HP (or whatever).

As for not being fair to people who don't have gold ... if they really want to play the game, then they will just have to get off their duffs and EARN the gold, like the rest of us have. Seriously. This is NOT a utopia.

So? There is no rule anywhere saying the weapons must be made available in or near where the battles are to be had. If they're things you can buy and keep in your inventory, then what's the problem?

Classy Daddy's Princess

13,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
orple
    Rings is actually a brilliant idea. The reason why they don't want to have weapons is because it would cause super inflation and it would be unfair for newbies just joining to have to purchase expensive weapons just to play.

User Image
That seems reasonable.
orple
    Rings is actually a brilliant idea. The reason why they don't want to have weapons is because it would cause super inflation and it would be unfair for newbies just joining to have to purchase expensive weapons just to play.

You mean, like the super inflation that's already in place with items like the Steel plated Ninja Band? Inflation is natural, because everyone's too cheap to sell less than what they bought for it. Gaia is just too lazy to create seperate animations for each item.
Too bad making threads to whine like a little b***h couldn't be worked into the battle system, then you'd be fine. stare
Cinnamon Bon-Bon
hyper n_n
Cinnamon Bon-Bon

So? There is no rule anywhere saying the weapons must be made available in or near where the battles are to be had. If they're things you can buy and keep in your inventory, then what's the problem?
They did say that the Barton Boutique would be an in game store.. I wounder if they would do it with the Isle de Gambio

Invisible Shapeshifter

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Olympian 200
Eight rings? Eight skills? Sounds like Guild Wars: Gaia to me. mrgreen
...that said, I'm just psyched that they've got the basics of the fighting down. Last time they announced anything, they said that was the big problem, figuring out the fighting system. Maybe now we can see some real progress!

And yes, they mentioned a LONG time ago that current items will have no effect in the battle system. They also had some weapons back then, though (BS exclusive weapons). I remember the one screenshot I saw looked like someone's house in Towns, albeit with two ninjas in it. (the screencap was supposed to show off some battle-system exclusive equipables and whatnot, and it looked great). Hopefully weapons will be featured in here; if everyone's simply shooting fireballs, I'm going to get real bored real fast, to say the least...

Geo.>

Sparkly Prophet

12,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Consider this a reply to pretty much the entire first page. If anyone else has already said this, good. If this pisses anyone off, better.

Quit your childish, immature bitching and deal with it. When you run your own massive forum site complete with flash games, thousands of items, and millions of users, then you can ******** build your own battle system with real-time weapons.

This is not your site, you don't have to use the battle system, and there's nothing wrong with rings. I heard a rumor from the mods and admins that weapons and items add STATS to your character, which means that OMG you can't use them IN GAME, but they'll affect gameplay anyway.

It's like the back-wings that everyone whinges about whenever something vaguely wing-like comes out. They've said they'll release back-wings with the quest and battle systems, and they're not going to release them in the donation letters. (Yes, I friggin said DONATION LETTERS. I disagree with this pansy-a** 'monthly collectible' s**t.)
hyper n_n
Cinnamon Bon-Bon
hyper n_n
Cinnamon Bon-Bon

They did say that the Barton Boutique would be an in game store.. I wounder if they would do it with the Isle de Gambio

Actually, all of the shops are considered in-game, as they are an established part of the Gaia site. However, they will not play a part of the Battle System. That doesn't mean the weapon/armor shop in Gambino can't. After all, Sam's Body & Parts sells items that are only usable in one specific "game".
I dont like the ring idea,But im also on the side about the rich being strongest,as you can tell im not rich.

But,maybe something like,the weapons dont do alot,but get stronger as you get stronger?like your items level up with you?then if your rich but just started playing the battle system,your still level one or whatever without being able to kill 'bosses' in one hit.

Ok,say..theres an omg after you,your level one or two,and when you swing,let say your scyth,it will deal fiarly nweak damage

now if your one of the more stronger players,your scyth is just as strong and when you swing at the omg,you deal a good deal of damage,get what im saying?

Cuz im not putting it into words to well...:[ sorry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces