Welcome to Gaia! ::

hyper n_n
orple
hyper n_n
orple
    Rings is actually a brilliant idea. The reason why they don't want to have weapons is because it would cause super inflation and it would be unfair for newbies just joining to have to purchase expensive weapons just to play.
I was talking with my boyfriend about this very issue months ago. You have just stated the only conclusion we had after about an hour of hot debate. The only other conclusion we came up with was creating items just for the battle system that yu can only get in the battle system. Only they would be weapons not rings..
    Your idea about releasing items for the battle system is really great, but the issue is that you'd have to go and equip the weapon before going into battle. It might cause some irritation in users who want to join avatar arenas/avatar related events and have to decide between 1) wearing a weapon and being able to play the Battle System, but not enter their avatar 2) not wearing a weapon and joining the avatar arena/contest but not being able to Battle until their avatar is accepted.
Have a customize thing in the Battle System like Maple Story does?
    But then there's the whole issue where they have to incorperate the customize code into the game code. It could work, but I think it would just end up as more weight than it's worth in the end.
hyper n_n
Now Loading...
hyper n_n
Now Loading...
Qixter
I can absolutely guarantee that existing weapons won't do anything when Battle launches...BUT...

...I really like the idea of a system that rewards weapon users with unique special effects when certain rings are used.

That definitely won't be in the game at launch, but I'm putting it on the "list of good ideas" for post-launch improvements.

Nice idea!

-- Q.
Or maybe monthly items that you wear give your ring the option for a skill unique to you item?

Sorry I started flaming, I've just wanted to play the battle system for so long.
So have I but just calm down...
When the battle system is open, that my plan.
I'm a hothead, a battle system is like a cure.
I've waited for years... The only thing that rather pissed me off was the quests and the cars and the crappy easter items...
Yeah, do you think it would be better if they created a real Gaia battle game?

Friendly Conversationalist

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conversationalist 100
THEY HAVEN"T SAID THERE WON'T BE WEAPONS! YOU CAN'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT WHAT WE WON'T HAVE WHEN THEY'VE TOLD US THAT THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN US ALL THE INFORMATION YET!!!
wth are these rings?
Now Loading...
En3my
Maybe they can make a store for some weapons that you can't use, unless you fuse them with a ring of some sort.
Thats what I was thinking, the rings should be an accessory...not a weapon.
They never said that you can't use weapons
Kyla_Ewens
THEY HAVEN"T SAID THERE WON'T BE WEAPONS! YOU CAN'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT WHAT WE WON'T HAVE WHEN THEY'VE TOLD US THAT THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN US ALL THE INFORMATION YET!!!
Caps don't make you look big, or even get your point across better.
Say something I havent heard and maybe I'll listen.
Now Loading...
hyper n_n
Now Loading...
hyper n_n
Now Loading...
Qixter
I can absolutely guarantee that existing weapons won't do anything when Battle launches...BUT...

...I really like the idea of a system that rewards weapon users with unique special effects when certain rings are used.

That definitely won't be in the game at launch, but I'm putting it on the "list of good ideas" for post-launch improvements.

Nice idea!

-- Q.
Or maybe monthly items that you wear give your ring the option for a skill unique to you item?

Sorry I started flaming, I've just wanted to play the battle system for so long.
So have I but just calm down...
When the battle system is open, that my plan.
I'm a hothead, a battle system is like a cure.
I've waited for years... The only thing that rather pissed me off was the quests and the cars and the crappy easter items...
Yeah, do you think it would be better if they created a real Gaia battle game?
That would be an ever bigger sell out... I like the MMO thing...
Kyla_Ewens
    Yes they did. :/ I went to their Panel at Anime Expo where they stated that current weapons will NOT affect your game play. (I believe they said that too in their announcement) They might look into having weapons add some features to your rings, but for the most part, it's all rings.
orple
Kyla_Ewens
    Yes they did. :/ I went to their Panel at Anime Expo where they stated that current weapons will NOT affect your game play. (I believe they said that too in their announcement) They might look into having weapons add some features to your rings, but for the most part, it's all rings.
I didn't see it in the announcement..
hyper n_n
Now Loading...
En3my
Maybe they can make a store for some weapons that you can't use, unless you fuse them with a ring of some sort.
Gaia seem to be making a pretty big picture with the rings, its the only solid thing they have talked about since they said battle would be created...

I think a game they created 100% with Gaia's original idea, it would be good...but Gaia has gone so, so wrong.
Now Loading...
orple
    Rings is actually a brilliant idea. The reason why they don't want to have weapons is because it would cause super inflation and it would be unfair for newbies just joining to have to purchase expensive weapons just to play.
They could sell normal weapons at a fixed price, like fishing rods...
We worked for our items, newbs shouldnt expect to join and get everything.
Maybe they will. Maybe they'll sell weapons and you can use them along with your rings. You never know. They haven't finished the battle system yet, so we can't complain about it until it actually comes out.
They did say they were making side items like weapons, but they wont have specail abilitys. I dont mind there being rings, why do you care so much...?
I do agree that you CANNOT have a battle system without weapons. It's just ... illogical. I can understand why current items won't be used simply due to the massive amount of recoding that would be involved. However, there is a WEAPON SHOP on the Isle de Gambino. So, let's USE it. Battle System only weapons. Like someone suggested, an in-game customizer to equip the weapons would solve the avvie problem.

Yes, the rings should be an additional accessory. Wearing a Fire Ring can give your weapon a fire-based ability, depending on the type of weapon it is. Or a Healing Ring could simply slowly restore HP (or whatever).

As for not being fair to people who don't have gold ... if they really want to play the game, then they will just have to get off their duffs and EARN the gold, like the rest of us have. Seriously. This is NOT a utopia.

Now Loading...
hyper n_n
Now Loading...
En3my
Gaia seem to be making a pretty big picture with the rings, its the only solid thing they have talked about since they said battle would be created...

I think a game they created 100% with Gaia's original idea, it would be good...but Gaia has gone so, so wrong.
I do miss the old days...
I'm freaking glad they are using rings.. Well I wish they made it something like necklaces or tiaras or something seeable instead but rings are GREAT.
Something new, something different, something we could quest for!
Even though I got lots of weapons I'm freaking glad to have rings instead! Why should gaia knock their asses off to make the weapons move?!
In fact you might change your mind and like the rings. The weapons are just good looking. It's not a waste of time at all ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff