Welcome to Gaia! ::

orple
    Rings is actually a brilliant idea. The reason why they don't want to have weapons is because it would cause super inflation and it would be unfair for newbies just joining to have to purchase expensive weapons just to play.
I was talking with my boyfriend about this very issue months ago. You have just stated the only conclusion we had after about an hour of hot debate. The only other conclusion we came up with was creating items just for the battle system that yu can only get in the battle system. Only they would be weapons not rings..

250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
i agree wit wat u are saying even though my most dangerous weopon is a monkey but ur right we should be able to take weapons into the game and fight with them not use boring rings
Qixter
I can absolutely guarantee that existing weapons won't do anything when Battle launches...BUT...

...I really like the idea of a system that rewards weapon users with unique special effects when certain rings are used.

That definitely won't be in the game at launch, but I'm putting it on the "list of good ideas" for post-launch improvements.

Nice idea!

-- Q.
Or maybe monthly items that you wear give your ring the option for a skill unique to you item?

Sorry I started flaming, I've just wanted to play the battle system for so long.
Haruko89
*sigh*

And here I was, keeping my G blade this whole time thinking I'd get to use it for battle. -_-

WELL, time to sell all the weapons I bought for this crap! smile
Hold on to it just incase they changed it. They never said you couldn't use weapons. they just said that rings give you abilitys.
Froggy
Now Loading...
Weapons strengths should all be the same, just distance and speed should be unique.

Maybe you could pay a certain price to temper your weapon? making your weapon stronger.

Paying money to make it stronger still gives a greatly unfair advantage to those with gold.

They still haven't said that we wouldn't attack with weapons anyway. I mean, they said that the rings give you skills (such as fireball, or whatever), but regular attacking would still be with weapons.

the thing about people with money is that they always have the advantage which is why people work hard to get money. I do not think to say "They shouldn't have that because then rich people will have an adavantage" makes a ligitmate argument.
hyper n_n
orple
    Rings is actually a brilliant idea. The reason why they don't want to have weapons is because it would cause super inflation and it would be unfair for newbies just joining to have to purchase expensive weapons just to play.
I was talking with my boyfriend about this very issue months ago. You have just stated the only conclusion we had after about an hour of hot debate. The only other conclusion we came up with was creating items just for the battle system that yu can only get in the battle system. Only they would be weapons not rings..
    Your idea about releasing items for the battle system is really great, but the issue is that you'd have to go and equip the weapon before going into battle. It might cause some irritation in users who want to join avatar arenas/avatar related events and have to decide between 1) wearing a weapon and being able to play the Battle System, but not enter their avatar 2) not wearing a weapon and joining the avatar arena/contest but not being able to Battle until their avatar is accepted.
Now Loading...
Qixter
I can absolutely guarantee that existing weapons won't do anything when Battle launches...BUT...

...I really like the idea of a system that rewards weapon users with unique special effects when certain rings are used.

That definitely won't be in the game at launch, but I'm putting it on the "list of good ideas" for post-launch improvements.

Nice idea!

-- Q.
Or maybe monthly items that you wear give your ring the option for a skill unique to you item?

Sorry I started flaming, I've just wanted to play the battle system for so long.
So have I but just calm down...
orple
hyper n_n
orple
    Your idea about releasing items for the battle system is really great, but the issue is that you'd have to go and equip the weapon before going into battle. It might cause some irritation in users who want to join avatar arenas/avatar related events and have to decide between 1) wearing a weapon and being able to play the Battle System, but not enter their avatar 2) not wearing a weapon and joining the avatar arena/contest but not being able to Battle until their avatar is accepted.
Have a customize thing in the Battle System like Maple Story does?

edit- you don't need to keep your items equiped for the avatar areana. It just takes a snap shot of your avatar at the current time.

And why would your avatar have to be accepted?
hyper n_n
Now Loading...
Qixter

Nice idea!

-- Q.

When the battle system is open, that my plan.
I'm a hothead, a battle system is like a cure.
Maybe they can make a store for some weapons that you can't use, unless you fuse them with a ring of some sort.
En3my
Maybe they can make a store for some weapons that you can't use, unless you fuse them with a ring of some sort.
Thats what I was thinking, the rings should be an accessory...not a weapon.
Now Loading...
hyper n_n
Now Loading...
Qixter

Nice idea!

-- Q.

When the battle system is open, that my plan.
I'm a hothead, a battle system is like a cure.
I've waited for years... The only thing that rather pissed me off was the quests and the cars and the crappy easter items...
i dont think youll have to worry about playing the battle system since most of us are reporting you smile
Automatis
i dont think youll have to worry about playing the battle system since most of us are reporting you smile
You do know a mod has come into the thread and agreed with me?
Good, now get out.

Distinct Hunter

8,200 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
In case you haven't noticed, weapons are the same as any other piece of clothing... you wear them for fashion purposes.

I prefer it this way. I don't want to do better than other users in a minigame just because I've got nicer clothes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff