Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
General-Lee-Fishcake
Saito Muramasa X
General-Lee-Fishcake
No doubt I would look badass swinging my doll around, I think rings open many unique paths. In one instance, you're using magic. You leveled all the lightning skills. The Lightning Fluff comes on and it's immune to thunder-type. OH s**t RUN! Here, The worries are removed.Just take off the Lght2* Ring and put on Flre1* Ring. Then cast Prtct3* on yourself and kill it!

*This is a joke for those of you who played old games, where there was no room to put a full 'Lightning' 'Flare' And flre1=Flare Prtct=Protectaga

Haha! You can still see this today in the Mega Man Battle Network Series, but that's not what this is about.

You do have a good point. The rings will allow you to focus on a strength and cover a weakness with fairly weaker rings. Although you can't actually remove a weakpoint. The developers did say that trying to cover your weaknesses would cause penalties. Likely your weakness would be stats in that case. But that's only an assumption.

Yes, and opening up possibilities for X-casting, Fusion of 2 rings, or things like the 'Cards' in Ragnarok online.

Yes, well, one step at a time.
DonCacti
Thank you, It's good to see actual intelligent people on gaia. (I just hope they have energy blasts, how wicked would it be to fire those from a guitar?) I'm actually glad that gaia is doing something different, I get really tired of swinging a sword/ axe. Plus, the richer people won't have an advantage now.

Thank you 3nodding
Andrew Von Helson
It is nice to see some support for the rings for once and some facts. Gaia is doing the rings end of story.

If only people would just leave it as is.

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
It's even better than this thread first claimed.

Rings Are Coming, and They ARE Weapons. Not just in the "dictionary definition" sense, but in the actual hacky slashy sense.
REBEL!!!! scream scream scream scream
I think the rings make the battle system more unique, and open up alot more possibilities as well. ^^ So yay!
Mylian

Rings Are Coming, and They ARE Weapons. Not just in the "dictionary definition" sense, but in the actual hacky slashy sense.

User Image True that. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a weapon is:

Main Entry: 1weap·on
Pronunciation: 'we-p&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English wepen, from Old English w[AE]pen; akin to Old High German wAffan weapon, Old Norse vApn
1 : something (as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy
2 : a means of contending against another

Rings are used to injure enemies, defeat them and/or destroy them. It's the means by which we will fight against them and against each other.

Rings are, in this case, weapons.
true and i know
Quite profound, Orpheus, Mylian. I'm adding that to the front if you don't mind.
User Image Now if anyone says something in the lines of "I wanna us weepnss!1!" we can pretty much tell them that we are, in fact, using weapons.
for what game
rings,yea no mater what thay are still comeing i wish the people that dont what the rings stop crying about it
It is nice to see some support for the rings for once and some facts. Gaia is doing the rings end of story.
jakezilla
for what game

The Battle System

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100
Orpheus
Mylian

User Image True that. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a weapon is:

Main Entry: 1weap·on
Pronunciation: 'we-p&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English wepen, from Old English w[AE]pen; akin to Old High German wAffan weapon, Old Norse vApn
1 : something (as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy
2 : a means of contending against another

Rings are used to injure enemies, defeat them and/or destroy them. It's the means by which we will fight against them and against each other.

Rings are, in this case, weapons.

But as I said, rings aren't just weapons in the sense that they fit the Dry Dictionary Definition.

Rings are weapons in the sense that they ARE weapons. Sure, they will be active and passive abilities, but they will ALSO be Badass Shivs That Will Fathermugging CUT You.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff