Total Votes:[ 98 ]
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 >

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I want to discuss good business.

First of all, I know that the developers probably have ******** all to do with the actual pricing so I won't go into the price of the new ring beyond the stock statement of "Overpriced ring is overpriced..."

Good, we have that out of the way. Now for what I feel would be a great money maker.

Ring Recolors in the Cash Shop priced at about 150-250 a piece.

I don't know about you but I know I would buy a Black, Purple, and Red Divinity. That is three copies of the same damn ring. Not to mention, Black and Purple Hot Foot. That's two more. Obsidian Mantis, Slash, and Hack... Hell yea.

I think it is a rather clever idea and fitting for the cash shop. No worries about game balancing since it would be recolors of the original 40 and it would allow people to customize their rings. As for new unique rings, I am mixed on putting them in the Cash Shop. Personally, having rings be a free part of the game and recolors as Cash Shop fare was always an idea I thought would be the wisest.

Nobody would feel short changed and there wouldn't be a chance of the Cash Shop rings overshadowing the free rings since it would be selling customization over skills.

Thoughts, suggestions, overly obtuse talking points so I can better snipe my ignore list?

SIDENOTEs:

I am also for the suggested Collector Tab for rings you never ever want to salvage. It would make organization easier and with less mess. It would allow people who tend to go for longer times between ring salvaging to worry less and it would also keep the rings you like away from the ruffian trash you pick up to break open later. Completely separate idea from the recolor idea. XD

As for the recolors being cash shop, I suggest it because it isn't game breaking. I would be for them being unsoulbound until orbs were put in. It is only vanity and vanity sells. So why not make a buck off of it for the sake of the game?

Bladeglory
User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

So, basically... It's an item you equip in a special window that changes a certain ring to a certain color? Or were you thinking of making new items such as "Ring: Red Mantis"

Personally, I'd rather it just be "skins" so that nobody can buy their way through the game.

Also, what about more expensive skins that affect all rings. Black & Red, Blue & White, Gold & Silver...

Skins aren't a bad idea as long as I can buy individual rings too.

S0B
What about having a Mantis that's been refitted into an Axe shape, instead of the sword, yet is still exactly the same in all other ways?

Mantis or Hack as an Axe, Slash as a Spear... Guns as a crossbow... Hunter's Bow as a Harpoon Gun. Water Balloon as a Hand Grenade... I can dream right?

Clarification:

The logic behind my idea is that zOMG deserves cash flow but we shouldn't be bilked for wanting to collect every skill in the game. Sooooo, appeal to vanity for the bucks. Vanity is huge on Gaia. Look at my avatar, look at over 90% of avatars on Gaia. People take their look seriously. So, plan for that as a business. People that want to spend on vanity can buy what they need.

Those that don't want to spend on vanity don't... And they lose absolutely nothing for it. I get my theme color coordinated and they aren't cheated out of a skill. Both sides win.

Fun math:

It takes 18,000 orbs to get 40 CL 1 rings to CL 10

Buying 40 CL 1 rings (you can't buy any other CL with my idea EVER) under the lowest cost I provided would be 6,000 GC or $60.00 USD.

Using only GC, it would cost 2,700,000 GC to get the 18,000 rings needed to mulch into orbs to make 40 rings CL 10. That is $27,000.00 USD not counting the cost of buying 40 rings for 60 dollars.

The More You Know!

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ignore lists are for the weak and cowardly. Simply ignore them, unless they start persistently spamming your comments, or the like.
I think this new ring being sold for cash changes things, quite a bit. Yes, it was overpriced, but more importantly, I wonder if this is a harbinger of things to come. Will there be more rings available? Will they start doing this for all holidays? Will they be part of a set? Does this mean that at long last they're moving forward with the other areas, like Durem and Aekea?
I asked these in my sleepy clan but have yet to hear from them. I look forward to learning the answers to these...

Valheita's Princess

Witty Noob

18,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
I'd like that just because then I wouldn't be missing out on anything by refusing to buy cash... XD

...but if there were pink ones, I might be tempted redface

Shy Werewolf

~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

So, basically... It's an item you equip in a special window that changes a certain ring to a certain color? Or were you thinking of making new items such as "Ring: Red Mantis"

Personally, I'd rather it just be "skins" so that nobody can buy their way through the game.

Also, what about more expensive skins that affect all rings. Black & Red, Blue & White, Gold & Silver...

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Eh, heckle me later.

As for your question, I've wondered that as well but find this to be a better money making scheme than constantly selling uniques in the CS. Selling uniques in the Cash Shop provokes all the "LULZ UNFAIR" crap and even gives it a mild basis in truth.

Selling recolors appeals to the vanity of Gaians, which is huge, and works off a back stock of work they already have. Easy money and I would honestly pay for it for the sake of my vanity and theme.

Relentless Glitch

To color code my ring inventory. What an wonderful concept.

Original Smoker

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I dislike the cash shop -.-
so take out the cash shop part and its all good wit me

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Little Miss Fortune
I'd like that just because then I wouldn't be missing out on anything by refusing to buy cash... XD
...but if there were pink ones, I might be tempted redface

Oh, yes, this reminds me, I failed to address the point of recolors.
Honestly, I wouldn't spend money on them, to tell you the truth. They seem a bit frivolous, personally. I mean just the color of the animations (and the ring themselves, which aren't even visible) for dollars? Were they pennies (and I had full, permanent orb transferals) then I'd probably go for it, but not the same rings for the same effects for that much.
Besides, were none of them soulbound either, it could quickly become game breaking. That's my two cents.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Bladeglory
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

The Collector tab has nothing to do with recolors, for the sake of clarity. Just a thought I felt was worth rementioning from another thread that brought it up.

And yes, I am seriously thinking of being able to buy Red Mantis. It would be just Mantis but red. it gives them a way to make cash off the original 40 and appeal to our vanity without unbalancing the game.

Still wouldn't be able to buy your way through the game. It would be unsoulbound until equipped in my dream world.

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
DeathWyrmNexus
Eh, heckle me later.

As for your question, I've wondered that as well but find this to be a better money making scheme than constantly selling uniques in the CS. Selling uniques in the Cash Shop provokes all the "LULZ UNFAIR" crap and even gives it a mild basis in truth.
Selling recolors appeals to the vanity of Gaians, which is huge, and works off a back stock of work they already have. Easy money and I would honestly pay for it for the sake of my vanity and theme.

It wasn't meant as heckling, old friend, just an off-handed, tangential opener for the actual meat and substance of the comment. I have to say that I do prefer the idea of skins, as proposed by Bladeglory seems to be a little more balance-preserving, to me. If they were 50 cents per ring I just might go for that, but I don't think that I can really justify a greater expenditure right now, nor do I feel them worth more than that.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Matasoga
DeathWyrmNexus
Eh, heckle me later.

It wasn't meant as heckling, old friend, just an off-handed, tangential opener for the actual meat and substance of the comment. I have to say that I do prefer the idea of skins, as proposed by Bladeglory seems to be a little more balance-preserving, to me. If they were 50 cents per ring I just might go for that, but I don't think that I can really justify a greater expenditure right now, nor do I feel them worth more than that.

Problem is that I am discussing a money maker for zOMG without making us spend for entirely unique rings like Sweetheart. They can make money and we can earn every skill without spending a dime.

As for skills, I don't want everything a uniform skin. I would want to be able to mix colors. I use more than just one color theme when I dress my avatar for battle.

I suppose there isn't a problem with offering a OverColor that affects all rings as long as we can get each individually and be able to mix things up.
Well, I can't approve of any buying of rings directly from the cash shop. It skews gameplay a bit, and though it's not a big advantage, it still gives an advantage to paying to play, which is a no-no in my trusty mmo-game-balance handbook.

As Bladeglory suggested, I would really like something that just changed the rings you have into recolors of that same ring(like how drinking ZURG energy drink changes your avatar base). That's something I'd gladly throw money at. They should be 99gc or more, imo. Actually, I'd probably pay up to 349 for one(after that, I'd lose interest).

I'm thinking something along the lines of the Crafting shops. You have the ring, and the recolor item(like a recipe), and then just use it the same way. I'd even be ok with it reducing the recolored ring's CL to 1.0, to avoid coding difficulties and glitches.

edit: Oh, and why stop at colors? What about having a Mantis that's been refitted into an Axe shape, instead of the sword, yet is still exactly the same in all other ways?

Perfect Pitcher

*imagines bluish-black Fire Rain* That would add excitement to your typical SS run. 150-250 for a twist to a classic seems more tolerable than 749 for a ring that's worse than Meat.

Adding to the suggestion, how about adding new animations to raged rings? This has been suggested thousands of times, but like the colors it's not mandatory, it just adds something different (and something to have for hardcore ring collectors).

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
S0B
Well, I can't approve of any buying of rings directly from the cash shop. It skews gameplay a bit, and though it's not a big advantage, it still gives an advantage to paying to play, which is a no-no in my trusty mmo-game-balance handbook.

As Bladeglory suggested, I would really like something that just changed the rings you have into recolors of that same ring(like how drinking ZURG energy drink changes your avatar base). That's something I'd gladly throw money at. They should be 99gc or more, imo. Actually, I'd probably pay up to 349 for one(after that, I'd lose interest).

I'm thinking something along the lines of the Crafting shops. You have the ring, and the recolor item(like a recipe), and then just use it the same way. I'd even be ok with it reducing the recolored ring's CL to 1.0, to avoid coding difficulties and glitches.

edit: Oh, and why stop at colors? What about having a Mantis that's been refitted into an Axe shape, instead of the sword, yet is still exactly the same in all other ways?

Here is the thing and why I decided to think this way. Suggesting it as a money making scheme is way more likely to actually see it happen. You also didn't read the part about soulbinding I included. Being able to buy any ring at CL 1 isn't a big advantage since you can earn just about any ring farming fluffs in VG.

However, I do like your weapon switch idea and will add it to the OP.
This is a pretty interesting ideas. In theory it should be easy for the artist(s) to change the tint of a ring's animation.

I imagine that you would buy a "ring skin" for a specific ring in the CS and then start the game. If you have that ring in your inventory, then a Shift+Click (for example) on that ring would bring up the "Skin Selection" menu. You'd select the skin you want to use and then drag the ring onto your ring tray as usual.

The problem is that a framework would have to be coded to allow users to buy and change ring "skins". Regrettably coding resources and limited and it's difficult to determine (at least for us) how much demand there would be for this feature. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff