Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you agree with their reasons?

No 0.13621262458472 13.6% [ 41 ]
Yes 0.019933554817276 2.0% [ 6 ]
I would like them to do something in regards to this 0.11960132890365 12.0% [ 36 ]
Just give us zOMG! Back 0.35880398671096 35.9% [ 108 ]
EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH DIES GAIA 0.36544850498339 36.5% [ 110 ]
Total Votes:[ 301 ]
This poll closed on February 14, 2015.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Agile Noob

Greenbranch
Bump

Join CCG! :3

Hunter

3nodding Bump ninja
Gaia spent more time transferring zOMG areas into Towns 2 than it has spent on zOMG over the past several years. Why would they do all that work (Gaia does nothing unless there's a buck to be made) if they intended on bringing zOMG back? They felt bad for us because our game was going to be gone for a short time so they went to all this work because they cared? Gaia hasn't cared about zOMGers for years. Something really smells here.
Fun question and a simple fix. Who knows c++, JavaScript, html, and flash programming?

If anyone here does, you all probably realize they it would be a wise ideas to start tinkering around with forum design. Gaia, (while a fun place), is basic as can be in its coding. It uses basic skills and knowledge that one could pick up on any how to site, or free online college.

What really made Gaia a fun and successful business model .. was the programmers loving their work, and a community willing to pay them to continue. At the very core, this is all any business needs, in order to grow and become successful. My question is one of hope, not gloom.

Will there be anyone who loved this community, what it offered and what it could bring to such an extent... that they are willing to step over the borderline from user (consumer) into designer (entrepreneur)?

Being pragmatic, where will we go when all is said and done?
Gaia has been known to use its funding gained from the website questionably, ahem ahem tentacle which has horrible presentation by the way. I mean WTF!!!!

The truth is gaia is owned by a corporation which is loosing interest in its own website.

I would not be surprised if they re purposed the zomg servers just for their other projects

I am to the point of going to the fabric store for fluff, and the lawn and garden store for garden gnomes just so i can battle them with some candy rings i acquired at the grocery store. My kids love when this happens heart heart heart
Fallen_Angel160

I deffly agree. I'm down to boycott buying gaiacash.

Distinct Fairy

Greenbranch
and now they've upgraded the terms and agreements so that if we name an employee of Gaia we will get banned no freedom of speech on Gaia. burning_eyes

gaia_angelleft
WHAT??!!!?
User Image
gaia_angelright

Hunter

forrestfaery
Greenbranch
and now they've upgraded the terms and agreements so that if we name an employee of Gaia we will get banned no freedom of speech on Gaia. burning_eyes

gaia_angelleft
WHAT??!!!?
User Image
gaia_angelright

Its ture look it up

Hunter

Distinct Noob

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Though I love the avi customization here, without an MMO the site isn't worth it emo
User Image Would rather go on PerfectWorld.com which has awesome graphics User Image
and customization for FREE (with an option to spend cash)

Savage Fatcat

6,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • PvP 200
  • 1 Win 50
I thought they were just updating it what.? They can't take zOMG ; ~;

Omnipresent Nymph

Been boycotting GC since shortly after the gold gens reared their ugly heads.
But it's not like they've cared much lately. If you go to their website [and theirs, meaning Gaia Interactive] you see nothing about the actual Gaia site, but this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Extends out to say "The best ios fantasy games | Gaia Interactive"
Even stranger still, they're really only hiring for Android/iOS dev's.
Not to mention Tentacl announced it's closing [for Dec 1st] the same day zOMG was pulled.
Just sitting back to see what their "little surprise" is for us today.

Dedicated Cutie-Pie

16,000 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I'm a computer science major who just graduated from college a few months back. I may not know a whole lot about what goes into making MMOs, but I'd be willing to learn more about that and help create a new game similar to zOMG! if that's what it takes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff