Welcome to Gaia! ::

Voice your opinions and ideas as to whether you think:
1) Gaia should or should not hire staff to work on zOMG again
2) What should Gaia add or change about zOMG?
3) Should zOMGers be able to achieve new CL's?
Etc, etc, etc.
1) That would be nice but if they wanted to do so, they wouldn't have fired them in the first place. Getting new people is infinitely harder than keeping them. So Gaia was pretty final in their decision to abandon the game. sweatdrop

2) I'd rather just see bug fixes. That's honestly zOMG!'s greatest need. Not exciting, I know. But zOMG! cannot be a game I would recommend to everyone until it becomes a game that can be played by everyone. pirate

3) I'd assume having new areas would mean having the ability to increase one's CL. I just hope they don't mess it up like with DMS giving extremely few orbs and then having the next cl require 2x times the number of orbs. Honestly. Increasing one's CL shouldn't be a core part of the gameplay.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Felis Hircus
I just hope they don't mess it up like with DMS giving extremely few orbs and then having the next cl require 2x times the number of orbs. Honestly. Increasing one's CL shouldn't be a core part of the gameplay.

That's one thing I like about it.
It makes sure you have plenty of experience before you move on to a harder section + it takes quite a while to achieve so people stick to to longer. If they gave say 3 orbs each drop and you needed less of them to level, people would be done in no time.
And unlike other area's and other monsters they drop orbs a lot more, just less at a time.

Tipsy Gaian

6,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Survivor 150
um.....gaia's last attempt to save the game failed. so maybe there is something wrong with DMS. some love it but more rage quit from it. kudos to those that mastered it. I did not. I tried but did not like it. if a game isn't fun than I move on. I keep coming back to try to re spark my love for the game...................................
zomg is in maintance mode because it doesn't made gaia money. gaia is a place to meet up and kill time.
Whispers of Delusion
Felis Hircus
I just hope they don't mess it up like with DMS giving extremely few orbs and then having the next cl require 2x times the number of orbs. Honestly. Increasing one's CL shouldn't be a core part of the gameplay.

It makes sure you have plenty of experience before you move on to a harder section + it takes quite a while to achieve so people stick to to longer. If they gave say 3 orbs each drop and you needed less of them to level, people would be done in no time.
And unlike other area's and other monsters they drop orbs a lot more, just less at a time.

Too bad experience doesn't mean anything on its own. Its why you can see cl12s who aren't attuned, who haven't read guide, who don't know what rings to bring etc, etc. experience =/= wisdom.

Regardless of the amount of sorbs dropped. The 2x thing for cl12 is still ridiculous and takes way more time than it would anywhere else. Of course. As you said and as the devs did too, the grind was necessary as they didn't want people to blow through what they took many months in a week. Still, a grind is a grind and a grinding makes for poor game design.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Felis Hircus
Whispers of Delusion
Felis Hircus

Too bad experience doesn't mean anything on its own. Its why you can see cl12s who aren't attuned, who haven't read guide, who don't know what rings to bring etc, etc. experience =/= wisdom.

Regardless of the amount of sorbs dropped. The 2x thing for cl12 is still ridiculous and takes way more time than it would anywhere else. Of course. As you said and as the devs did too, the grind was necessary as they didn't want people to blow through what they took many months in a week. Still, a grind is a grind and a grinding makes for poor game design.

True dat, but experience > no experience.

For the CL 12 they should've gone for 12 shorbs each instead of 20, I honestly never thought about that and took things as they were, but you're right.

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Sonic Soldier
um.....gaia's last attempt to save the game failed. so maybe there is something wrong with DMS. some love it but more rage quit from it. kudos to those that mastered it. I did not. I tried but did not like it. if a game isn't fun than I move on. I keep coming back to try to re spark my love for the game...................................
zomg is in maintance mode because it doesn't made gaia money. gaia is a place to meet up and kill time.
not much to master , just need a decent crew and everyone to have mabe like two hours to grind a bit . And power ups help a bit ( but not needed) . I think gai should have made it easier to get free cash and more people would be able to enjoy the game . I know that making power ups cost gold is impossible but that would have been useful , I'm not sure of it be a good idea now considering ( awesome to happen but not the best idea for the game ) i agree with you playing this game is now slowly becoming a bit of a hassle but I will never forget all the memories that have ties to this forum and game 99.9% of them good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff