Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Flatterer

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
siskataya

Thanks for the info! I'm looking into a couple of cases of this missing ring for a couple other people right now. I'd be happy to add your name to my list. Bear with me though - it's taking a bit of time for me to sort out what needs to happen biggrin

- Sisky

Thank you so much sisky. Just made my day that much brighter. <3

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
XxPrincess_NanaXx
We all knew that this area would one day be open to the public, but I'm still seriously pissed off. I bought my bloodstone fair and square from the cash shop with my own ******** money, not stupid cash tree. What do we get? NOTHING! Instead you offer to give those who just bought it their money back... WTF!

When did you buy it? Did you have time to use it as a head-start item and access the space for a considerable amount of time before those that didn't have the amulet/gem? I'm just trying to figure out why you are pissed off and how we can maybe help with that smile

-Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
MistressMinako
Does this mean the bar graphic is going to be removed? ... the one that still says "open access to November 18th"?

I think that should be removed too - I'll ask about that tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know about this biggrin

-Sisky

Stone-cold Bloodsucker

14,150 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Battle Hardened 150
I read the announcement about fifteen minutes ago and while it did cause me to choke on my tea, I'm actually fine with the decision now that I've re-read this post. Maybe zOMG will get more active players and eventually a little more love from devs. whee
And I thank you for allowing us to sell back the gems as a sort of refund. That made me a happy elf.

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Truthfully, after I have calmed down from the rage, I can see how this will be amazing. The problem with users who just bought the gem or amulet was just solved, so I have nothing more to complain.

But here is something: Not everyone who bought the gem or amulet was able to access DMS for almost an entire year. I only joined Gaia towards the very end of March 2012, so the whole idea of DMS opening to everyone was foreign to me until I really started digging into the older threads when I started learning how to aggro. I've only had the Bloodstone Gem since the beginning of August, give or take one or two days.

I do not regret buying the gem, however, since I got priceless experience with friends and met dedicated zOMG users.

I think one of the most important factor that is making most of Gaians rage is simply because of the noobs. Not newbs, but noobs who give a bad reputation to the people who are dedicated to learning their way around DMS. Personally, during the 3-day free access days, I was recrewted multiple times into a really inexperience crew in which I had to argue with many people to not take certain rings (Fire Rain, Dervish, Diagnose). THAT is what most of us are afraid of.

I took a small peak at Ranch and found that the majority of people had Fire Rain and/or Diagnose on. It doesn't look so good, though I believe most of them will change their ringsets when told. It's just that 5% of new players will be stubborn and demand to take certain rings into DMS. That is what I'm most afraid of.

I'm not scared to crew with five other 10.0's. I'm not worried about having to teach new players. I'm only concerned about the noobs who destroy the fun of DMSing.

siskataya

As a side note because I'm too lazy to make another post, thank you for the clarification. I (and I'm sure many others will) really appreciate it. 3nodding

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
siskataya

hey sisky i wanted to bring something up for a second. with the bloodstone amulet, there was a limit of how many was available to sell to users. if you and hq are planning to have the amulet unsoulbound and sellback, keep that little info in mind since it should be a "special edition" kind of item. well, something like that.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Utsuha Moon
Truthfully, after I have calmed down from the rage, I can see how this will be amazing. The problem with users who just bought the gem or amulet was just solved, so I have nothing more to complain.

But here is something: Not everyone who bought the gem or amulet was able to access DMS for almost an entire year. I only joined Gaia towards the very end of March 2012, so the whole idea of DMS opening to everyone was foreign to me until I really started digging into the older threads when I started learning how to aggro. I've only had the Bloodstone Gem since the beginning of August, give or take one or two days.

I do not regret buying the gem, however, since I got priceless experience with friends and met dedicated zOMG users.

I think one of the most important factor that is making most of Gaians rage is simply because of the noobs. Not newbs, but noobs who give a bad reputation to the people who are dedicated to learning their way around DMS. Personally, during the 3-day free access days, I was recrewted multiple times into a really inexperience crew in which I had to argue with many people to not take certain rings (Fire Rain, Dervish, Diagnose). THAT is what most of us are afraid of.

I took a small peak at Ranch and found that the majority of people had Fire Rain and/or Diagnose on. It doesn't look so good, though I believe most of them will change their ringsets when told. It's just that 5% of new players will be stubborn and demand to take certain rings into DMS. That is what I'm most afraid of.

I'm not scared to crew with five other 10.0's. I'm not worried about having to teach new players. I'm only concerned about the noobs who destroy the fun of DMSing.

siskataya

As a side note because I'm too lazy to make another post, thank you for the clarification. I (and I'm sure many others will) really appreciate it. 3nodding

Thanks for the thoughtful post - I appreciate it! I am wondering why you weren't able to access the area for almost a year despite having gotten the gem/amulet. If you care to pm me with more details, I am happy to look into this for you. As for the noobs, I understand the concern there too, but hopefully it won't be that bad. We hope the new people will want to learn to play zOMG! and make friends as many of you have. I myself am trying to play more these days, and am somewhat of a noob (less so on my mule who has better rings!) so maybe I can hop in sometimes and you more experienced players can teach me some things I don't know biggrin

Sisky

Witty Millionaire

siskataya

I didn't even get to access the bloody thing!
you can even check my store log
Bloodstone Gem
Aug-13-2012 04:43:40 AM Cursybought (625,000g)

it's not fair you are refunding it just for last week buyers :/
what kind of logic is that?

Lonely Sex Symbol

14,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Love Machine 150
siskataya
XxPrincess_NanaXx
We all knew that this area would one day be open to the public, but I'm still seriously pissed off. I bought my bloodstone fair and square from the cash shop with my own ******** money, not stupid cash tree. What do we get? NOTHING! Instead you offer to give those who just bought it their money back... WTF!

When did you buy it? Did you have time to use it as a head-start item and access the space for a considerable amount of time before those that didn't have the amulet/gem? I'm just trying to figure out why you are pissed off and how we can maybe help with that smile

-Sisky

I bought it in July...

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Sakura Rosina
I read the announcement about fifteen minutes ago and while it did cause me to choke on my tea, I'm actually fine with the decision now that I've re-read this post. Maybe zOMG will get more active players and eventually a little more love from devs. whee
And I thank you for allowing us to sell back the gems as a sort of refund. That made me a happy elf.

Oh good! We don't want you to be an unhappy, miserable elf - especially since elf season is almost upon us, and having grumpy elves running amok would be a wholly unpleasant thing to be sure! eek

Sisky

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
siskataya

I just want to say, that even though this was a bit of a surprise for me, I did expect it right from the start, and bought the amulet with gaia cash despite knowing. I had a lot of fun with DMS and truly do feel that I got more then my money's worth with the item. However this also saddens me, I was looking forward to the idea (Admittedly that only existed in my head.) of there being a big zOMG event and story leading up to "The breaking of the Curse". It would of at least been nice if you did this on the anniversary of DMS. (Which is about a month away I believe?) But either way I'm rather happy over all.

I love zOMG and all the friends I've made while playing it. And while I do truly hope this isn't the end for zOMG, that I hope for more content, more friends, and more of what Gaia is really about. I have already accepted a long time ago that this was it. That DMS signals the Twilight for zOMG. As much as I (And many ohers) love this game. It came as no surprise to me when the Devs were removed from zOMG.

I only ask that you at least be honest with us, and tell us straight up if there is any hope left for zOMG. Because if there is even a little hope, I shall continue playing and supporting the game. And if not, then I need to find a new home on gaia yet again. For me, this feels like the downfall of the guilds all over again, and I just don't want to believe in false hope for a dieing game.

Thank you for all the fun, all the friends, and everything that was brought to me zOMG. And thank you to the staff that supported this game this long.

With Love From,
Poyudi Hytori. Gaian since 2004, Gaian for life.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

siskataya
MistressMinako
Does this mean the bar graphic is going to be removed? ... the one that still says "open access to November 18th"?

I think that should be removed too - I'll ask about that tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know about this biggrin

-Sisky

Oh no problem.

I've had my amulet since before DMS opened, I'm CL12, attuned and I've beaten Kam's first form. I feel like I got fair use out of my amulet. I want to keep mine, but I know others are looking for a removal of the soulbound lock. Probably an issue that will come up more in next week's ATA.

Also if you're looking into the special event rings, I'd like to have a conversation with you about them. Probably best to send you a PM if that's okay?

Angelic Healer

XxPrincess_NanaXx
siskataya
XxPrincess_NanaXx

-Sisky

I bought it in July...
Not to butt into your conversation but you did get something, early access to DMS, which includes all the drops and gold you received while exploring through it.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
MistressMinako
siskataya
MistressMinako

-Sisky

Oh no problem.

I've had my amulet since before DMS opened, I'm CL12, attuned and I've beaten Kam's first form. I feel like I got fair use out of my amulet. I want to keep mine, but I know others are looking for a removal of the soulbound lock. Probably an issue that will come up more in next week's ATA.

Also if you're looking into the special event rings, I'd like to have a conversation with you about them. Probably best to send you a PM if that's okay?

Absolutely fine - please send me a pm about anything you want to talk about. Just bear in mind it can sometimes take a bit of time to respond because I am flooded with pm's, but I'll get to it as soon as I am able biggrin

- Sisky

Shirtless Businesswoman

15,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
Omgpls *o*
I paid 525k for one about two weeks ago. I'll cap the trade if I can find it. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff