Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi! If you have a friend who plays World of Warcraft and pays $20 monthly subscription, I suggest that we bring them over to zOMG and start our own monthly subscription of this game! =D That way, all the revenue will go towards the zOMG! Development and we will have many resources to work up and create many more opportunities for new features.

As you can see with the current DMS project, there has been a cross of boundary of paying-to-play a game. So why not just go all the way? No need to be shy about it. We all know that more moola means more access to new features and power-ups.

As Panagrammic said: "Many of the suggestions for monetization in the forums are good, but they won't have a dramatic effect on revenue because they don't fundamentally affect the model"

I think that's a straight-up lie - how does real-cash NOT affect the model? I mean there's two-ways, either zOMG can passively earn revenue at a much slower rate through its items, or a much more aggressive way of having a monthly subscription which people will pay for since several people do it anyways for other MMORPGs - like World of Warcraft, etc...

Just a thought and counter-influece of my roommate telling me to recruit all my Gaia buddies to join Wow, so therefore I propose that we recruit all the WoW players to Gaia Online and absorb the generosity of their monthly subscriptions ^^

Ruthless Genius

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
At this point they can't even pay many of the players who quit to come back to the game, let alone charge people to play talk2hand

Familiar Lunatic

For this to work. Need something worth a monthly sub.
I play wow, friend me

IRL Vampire

Also, WoW has ugly graphics QQ

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
That would ruin the "Free" aspect of the game. emotion_eyebrow DMS isn't 100% free right now, but it will be in time.

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
WoW is 15/a month...
Brooklyn Rage Mage
That would ruin the "Free" aspect of the game. emotion_eyebrow DMS isn't 100% free right now, but it will be in time.

I think Gaia needs to stop being prudent and just outright come out with it. I don't think they're going to be able to afford keeping this a "free" MMORPG and keep maintaining it. We've seen them offer exclusive pay-to-play areas like Buccaneer Boardwalk and Dead Man's Pass already.

Just start charging a monthly subscription so that way they can pay/hire new developers to come in and so that way they wouldn't have an excuse in the first place for insufficient funding or retarded Board members ruining the game for us.

Genius

Lux Fortuna
At this point they can't even pay many of the players who quit to come back to the game, let alone charge people to play talk2hand

If they were getting paid to play, they would back come in an instant.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Sapphire_God
Brooklyn Rage Mage

I think Gaia needs to stop being prudent and just outright come out with it. I don't think they're going to be able to afford keeping this a "free" MMORPG and keep maintaining it. We've seen them offer exclusive pay-to-play areas like Buccaneer Boardwalk and Dead Man's Pass already.

Just start charging a monthly subscription so that way they can pay/hire new developers to come in and so that way they wouldn't have an excuse in the first place for insufficient funding or retarded Board members ruining the game for us.
That's what draws a bunch of players to the game, though. If it loses the "free" aspect completely, I doubt people will continue to play as much as they do.

Ruthless Genius

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
II_Kisame_II
Lux Fortuna

If they were getting paid to play, they would back come in an instant.

no way in hell could they pay me to come back. I've got better things to do with my time. I only came for the challenge of doing kamila.

Destructive Bunny

Frankly, compare the scope of wow with zomg...

zomg would be charging a 50c suscription fee.
Starshine
Frankly, compare the scope of wow with zomg...

zomg would be charging a 50c suscription fee.

It's a slippery-slope uphill both ways, but I know that we have to start somewhere if we're going to make this work.~ I was thinking of perhaps $4.99 per month, that and we would need many more players in order to uphold the maintenance costs.

I'm surprised, why aren't there more threads like this? I can't find them. Did they all get too many negative votes?
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Sapphire_God
Brooklyn Rage Mage

That's what draws a bunch of players to the game, though. If it loses the "free" aspect completely, I doubt people will continue to play as much as they do.

With the addition of Buccaneer Boardwalk and DMS, it wasn't free.~ Someone had to pay for all those Bloodstone gems in order to have access. Might as well go all the way and just charge everyone fairly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff