Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Hello! I hope minor discussion is okay here. I don't often haunt these parts and today is my first day playing zOMG.

I started playing today so I could potentially gather up lots of fun little alchemy items ( something else I'm also new to ), and I figured it would be a fun and easy way to get to know people as well.

Well.. I was wrong. emotion_donotwant

If I happened to wander into an area with a group of people that did nothing but kill fluffs or garlics, I would have my window spammed to death with messages of "MY KILLS BTCH", "THIS IS OUR SPOT", "GTFO", and so on. And ******** me if I didn't bother to accept a random crew request - I'd get even more insults like "dumb b***h", "f**", and so on.

Granted, I understand these are just words and it's not a huge deal but.. Seriously? Is this what some people tried so hard to save? I haunt the GCD regularly so I remember seeing efforts to rescue zOMG and plenty of discussion about it.. But if this is the best zOMG has to offer, I don't understand what the fuss was about. The gameplay is good, the community that I've seen so far has been miserable..

I haven't moved passed Bill's Ranch yet because leveling by myself has been decently boring/difficult, is there any point that it gets better for a solo player? emotion_8c

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
There are bad apples in every bunch. I'm sorry you've already met a few. These one sound worse than normal. I'd be happy to help if you want.

Precious Wench

yes yes yes just ignore them all
you'll need a crew for harder areas though
i solo'd mainly too though when i was still on the storyline

Familiar Lunatic

THAT'S HOW WE WEED OUT THE WEAK FROM THE---

*coughcough* eh no. That's not what we tried to save.
Decayed overtime, things were much more lively emo

And no, solo gets worse, especially at the end x D

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Hardcore soloer since my Gaia Bday allowed me to start (if that matters at all to you, hopefully it doesn't).

From that view, yes - it gets better. Ignore the crowds who missed out on "how one behaves as a human" class, there aren't many of them out there overall. You'll on occasion run into overly - and seriously incorrectly - territorial crews, ignore them or report them if they're heinous enough.

Eventually (soon) you'll get into the areas that are higher CL and present better open hunting opportunities. I was PredaPup hunting in Old Aqueduct earlier today and was one of two people on the entire layer, and that's 5.0-6.0 CL.

If you're serious about beating the game or advancing past 10.0 (courtesy of Dead Man's Shadow, don't worry about it yet), you'll eventually need to find people you can play well with in order to crew up with them. The End Boss requires a crew to activate the final door, for instance - everything up to there can be soloed, but eventually you either swallow your solo and crew, or... well, *points to lack of EB completion recipes*

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Berryfarmer
There are bad apples in every bunch. I'm sorry you've already met a few. These one sound worse than normal. I'd be happy to help if you want.

Help is always appreciated, but I was just so surprised! I've never seen something like that before. I met one or two nice people and just everyone else.. emotion_8c They made me so sad.

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Elegantly Dreaming

The storyline does seem easy enough so far, but the dungeons are almost impossible for me for some reason. I am trying to level up my rings, though! I do hope I can find a crew later on. The idea of actually playing with other people seems nice.

Precious Wench

Ghost Tamer
Elegantly Dreaming

The storyline does seem easy enough so far, but the dungeons are almost impossible for me for some reason. I am trying to level up my rings, though! I do hope I can find a crew later on. The idea of actually playing with other people seems nice.

er, dungeons? it goes quickly, you'll be there soon enough c:

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
gataka
THAT'S HOW WE WEED OUT THE WEAK FROM THE---

*coughcough* eh no. That's not what we tried to save.
Decayed overtime, things were much more lively emo

And no, solo gets worse, especially at the end x D

cat_xd I can see it all now.. Sitting around in a private guild, figuring out how to insult new players so you can monopolize zOMG! You scoundrels!

It makes me sad, though. I wish I would have been able to play zOMG before it was run down and left to rot in a corner. I feel like it had a lot of potential as a game. It seems unfair to leave it as is if alchemy is able to rely on it so heavily.

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Cyrus Lurch
Hardcore soloer since my Gaia Bday allowed me to start (if that matters at all to you, hopefully it doesn't).

From that view, yes - it gets better. Ignore the crowds who missed out on "how one behaves as a human" class, there aren't many of them out there overall. You'll on occasion run into overly - and seriously incorrectly - territorial crews, ignore them or report them if they're heinous enough.

Eventually (soon) you'll get into the areas that are higher CL and present better open hunting opportunities. I was PredaPup hunting in Old Aqueduct earlier today and was one of two people on the entire layer, and that's 5.0-6.0 CL.

If you're serious about beating the game or advancing past 10.0 (courtesy of Dead Man's Shadow, don't worry about it yet), you'll eventually need to find people you can play well with in order to crew up with them. The End Boss requires a crew to activate the final door, for instance - everything up to there can be soloed, but eventually you either swallow your solo and crew, or... well, *points to lack of EB completion recipes*

I haven't gotten anywhere like the Aqueduct yet. I just now ranked myself up to a measly 2.8, but considering I've played maybe five hours and had a biology lab exam in the middle of playing, I think I'm doing okay!

Good to know I can potentially report some of the territorial jerks, though. They made it a point to follow people around until they were good and out of the way. emotion_donotwant

Tenacious Sage

Well the VG is notorious for people yelling like that. They kinda think they own the animated and the area there. They are often farming for gold to level up and/or alchemy items. Just ignore them or stay away. I sometimes kill all their lures to piss them off. emotion_awesome
It'll get better as time passes. I have solo'd most of the areas on my own except for SS, Otami, and DMS. Yeah, where there is a loss of plotline.

IRL Cat

those are my ears

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Meguriuta
Well the VG is notorious for people yelling like that. They kinda think they own the animated and the area there. They are often farming for gold to level up and/or alchemy items. Just ignore them or stay away. I sometimes kill all their lures to piss them off. emotion_awesome
It'll get better as time passes. I have solo'd most of the areas on my own except for SS, Otami, and DMS. Yeah, where there is a loss of plotline.

Oh, goodness. A bajillion shortenings I'm not familiar with.. I get the jist of things, though

I admit, I was a little petty and did end up mass murdering some of their monsters after the fact, but it was mostly to prove they had no real claim over randomly spawned monsters. I probably should have let them be but.. cat_gonk I had to. Just that once.

Anxious Shapeshifter

I haven't bothered with it too much. It's a good enough flash game, but gosh, the people are so difficult to deal with. I've been in crews where everyone else is killing everything with rings they paid 400,000 gold for and i've got GUNS GUNS GUNS. So they'd kill everything and I'd be standing there like, ok what do I do, and then they'd get angry because I wasn't doing anything! What am I supposed to do when they're doing everything? Meh. I only go on occasionally to earn a bit of gold and some feathers and whatever other drops I get. I like to collect the purple orbs, too.

Tenacious Sage

Ghost Tamer
Meguriuta

Oh, goodness. A bajillion shortenings I'm not familiar with.. I get the jist of things, though

I admit, I was a little petty and did end up mass murdering some of their monsters after the fact, but it was mostly to prove they had no real claim over randomly spawned monsters. I probably should have let them be but.. cat_gonk I had to. Just that once.

Okay a little termology help:
VG - Village Greens, the place with the gnomes and flamingos
Otami - Another area of Zomg, CL 7-8
SS- Shallow Seas
DMS - Deadman's Shadow. THIS IS NOT DMP OR DEADMAN'S PASS. Don't ask to be in a DMS crew or start a "DMS crew" when you're a 2.5, it peeves the DMS regulars out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff