Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Ally

7,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
My current attack rings are Solar Rays, Shuriken, Slash, and Mantis. I've been considering replacing Solar Rays with Hack for the extra dps and dpstamina, but I feel that the extra pre-emptive attacks from two ranged rings might be more valuable.

So what is your general opinion regarding attack rings? Is the higher range of ranged attack rings really worth the significantly lower DpS and DpStamina? *Note that I don't use CC rings.

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
id change shuriken for hack personaly

Dedicated Ally

7,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
fire monkey95
I'm going for the Ninja Ring Set, so removing Shuriken is out of the question.

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
Veethree
fire monkey95
I'm going for the Ninja Ring Set, so removing Shuriken is out of the question.
honestly i wouldn't bother with sets the bonuses are really not worth it

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
It honestly depends on the instance you're in. For DMS, mainly, I wouldn't let you use more than 1 ranged ring unless you've proven that you're still a skilled player with them.

In my opinion, unless I'm sniping things as a joke, Long Range should be left at home. Hack and Mantis are more than enough to survive most instances, unless you want to add Slash, too. Never hurts to have all 3. Once again depending on the instance...

Dedicated Ally

7,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage
It honestly depends on the instance you're in. For DMS, mainly, I wouldn't let you use more than 1 ranged ring unless you've proven that you're still a skilled player with them.

In my opinion, unless I'm sniping things as a joke, Long Range should be left at home. Hack and Mantis are more than enough to survive most instances, unless you want to add Slash, too. Never hurts to have all 3. Once again depending on the instance...
I see. So in what situations are the "situational" range rings effective?

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage

Like I said, sniping is where LR's come in handy. No instance is really demanding of Long Range, so that's basically it.

Dedicated Ally

7,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage

Like I said, sniping is where LR's come in handy. No instance is really demanding of Long Range, so that's basically it.
Awww. So can we expect a buff for long range rings in the future?

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage

I doubt it. Melee is honestly the best choice for damage, since damage = speed, and helps kill an enemy faster. So I doubt LR's will get a boost anytime soon.

Dedicated Ally

7,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage

I doubt it. Melee is honestly the best choice for damage, since damage = speed, and helps kill an enemy faster. So I doubt LR's will get a boost anytime soon.
Yeah, but I've always thought that long range is more of a defensive strategy, not a Dps strategy, so how does it fair at that?

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Veethree
Defensive wise, it's okay, but that once again is only for Defensive. You have to consider every part of what attack rings can do, to judge their effectiveness. Hack, Mantis, Slash, and sometimes Bump are the best for the job, attack wise. They deal high amounts of damage, and since you deal damage so quickly, the defense is covered with that as well.

Benevolent Codger

Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage

Yeah, but I've always thought that long range is more of a defensive strategy, not a Dps strategy, so how does it fair at that?

That's essentially the issue, as it were; the current gameplay simply doesn't facilitate defensive strategies. Damage is about the only thing that matters for attack rings, currently - if it were possible, we'd all use nothing but Hack. sweatdrop

To be honest, the game doesn't do much to facilitate any diversity in strategy; it's a deep-seated shortcoming and I'd like to see fixed, but I really don't know when such a fix would be possible. The tweaking and observation required would necessitate some consistent developer time, and that's something the game just doesn't have access to for the time being. Maybe when development finds a better place for the game it'll be a possibility, but for now it's something of a pipe dream... redface

Dedicated Ally

7,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Red Kutai
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Veethree
Brooklyn Rage Mage

That's essentially the issue, as it were; the current gameplay simply doesn't facilitate defensive strategies. Damage is about the only thing that matters for attack rings, currently - if it were possible, we'd all use nothing but Hack. sweatdrop

To be honest, the game doesn't do much to facilitate any diversity in strategy; it's a deep-seated shortcoming and I'd like to see fixed, but I really don't know when such a fix would be possible. The tweaking and observation required would necessitate some consistent developer time, and that's something the game just doesn't have access to for the time being. Maybe when development finds a better place for the game it'll be a possibility, but for now it's something of a pipe dream... redface
Such is the tragedy of poorly-funded MMOs. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces