Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Noob

CrystalBlue240
strapping young Iad
CrystalBlue240
Not a quest...but more of a desire to learn something new...How do I aggro? And not kill myself and everyone else in the process. I've tried it a few times...and yea..failure doesn't even begin to describe how pitiful it was. My cl is anywhere from 11.4-11.7 depending on what rings I have on. Anyone interested in teaching? Maybe help me practice? Thanks! heart

What exactly went wrong when you tried?
surprised

well, I would go in use diag and bandage...on myself...one attach for vamps attention. attack one vamp...they all swarm me. I heal constantly as fast as my healing rings recharge. Yet my hp goes down quickly. I check my crew, their hp is going down quick despite me trying to heal them too. It's been maybe 1 min I'm dead.
Its frustrating because i swear that all other aggro's just go in and heal themselves and others occasionally hit something if they lose its attention, but half the time they aren't even having to heal they just have the attention of the vamp/wolves and all are doing well.
I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but what I don't know

When you use your attack, do you like run to the middle of the room or stay by the door? You should use a long range attack and stay close to the door so not as many swarm you.

Also you don't have to have an attack. If everything attacking all at once immediately as soon as you go in is too overwhelming, just don't use your attack and it will take about 5 seconds for things to start attacking you when you first go into a new room.

When you have their attention move away from the door you came in from so the AoE doesn't hurt your crew.

Oh and even though it's an AoE heal, do not use diagnose to try to heal your crew, if you're close enough to do that they're probably getting hit by the AoE of the vampires and wolves attacking you. Use r2 and r3 Wish if Bandage/Diagnose are recharging.

Hmm, let's see, don't rage Diagnose, it's not worth it because Bandage will heal much more when you rage it. Do the highest rage you have for bandage while you're being attacked.

This isn't a "Do this or everyone will die!" thing, but this is just an example how I do it.
User Image

So depending on which door I come in from, I move to the spot with the red X, that way everything attacks me but my crew should be mostly safe. I stand far enough away that they don't get hit, but close enough to use Wish if I have to, and only about half the room or less attacks me at one time so it's easier to heal.

Things might get tricky in a small room or if there's a BD/NF.

Sorry if the image is a little confusing. The blue arrows are just to show the vamps/wolves attacking you.

I hope this might help a little.
sweatdrop
strapping young Iad
CrystalBlue240
strapping young Iad
CrystalBlue240
Not a quest...but more of a desire to learn something new...How do I aggro? And not kill myself and everyone else in the process. I've tried it a few times...and yea..failure doesn't even begin to describe how pitiful it was. My cl is anywhere from 11.4-11.7 depending on what rings I have on. Anyone interested in teaching? Maybe help me practice? Thanks! heart

What exactly went wrong when you tried?
surprised

well, I would go in use diag and bandage...on myself...one attach for vamps attention. attack one vamp...they all swarm me. I heal constantly as fast as my healing rings recharge. Yet my hp goes down quickly. I check my crew, their hp is going down quick despite me trying to heal them too. It's been maybe 1 min I'm dead.
Its frustrating because i swear that all other aggro's just go in and heal themselves and others occasionally hit something if they lose its attention, but half the time they aren't even having to heal they just have the attention of the vamp/wolves and all are doing well.
I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but what I don't know

When you use your attack, do you like run to the middle of the room or stay by the door? You should use a long range attack and stay close to the door so not as many swarm you.

Also you don't have to have an attack. If everything attacking all at once immediately as soon as you go in is too overwhelming, just don't use your attack and it will take about 5 seconds for things to start attacking you when you first go into a new room.

When you have their attention move away from the door you came in from so the AoE doesn't hurt your crew.

Oh and even though it's an AoE heal, do not use diagnose to try to heal your crew, if you're close enough to do that they're probably getting hit by the AoE of the vampires and wolves attacking you. Use r2 and r3 Wish if Bandage/Diagnose are recharging.

Hmm, let's see, don't rage Diagnose, it's not worth it because Bandage will heal much more when you rage it. Do the highest rage you have for bandage while you're being attacked.

This isn't a "Do this or everyone will die!" thing, but this is just an example how I do it.
User Image

So depending on which door I come in from, I move to the spot with the red X, that way everything attacks me but my crew should be mostly safe. I stand far enough away that they don't get hit, but close enough to use Wish if I have to, and only about half the room or less attacks me at one time so it's easier to heal.

Things might get tricky in a small room or if there's a BD/NF.

Sorry if the image is a little confusing. The blue arrows are just to show the vamps/wolves attacking you.

I hope this might help a little.
sweatdrop

It all sounds similar to what I've tried. Perhaps it will just take some practice. The picture did help me understand where to move around to, to best help the crew. Ty for your time and patience w/ my aggro stupidity. heart

Shy Noob

CrystalBlue240

It all sounds similar to what I've tried. Perhaps it will just take some practice. The picture did help me understand where to move around to, to best help the crew. Ty for your time and patience w/ my aggro stupidity. heart

Yeah, practice and getting a feel for what to do is really best, it took me a while before I could not get anyone killed while playing as heal tank/aggro as well.
sweatdrop

Good luck!

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
CrystalBlue240

Crystal next time you come with us, you can aggro and I will see what you are doin. Maybe I can help you.
Pinque Von Fluffendorken
CrystalBlue240

Crystal next time you come with us, you can aggro and I will see what you are doin. Maybe I can help you.

sounds good

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
CrystalBlue240
Pinque Von Fluffendorken
CrystalBlue240

sounds good

You did great Crystal! With a little more practice you will be a pro! wink

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
curtneko

Did you steal my string cheese? emotion_omnomnom

Dapper Genius

I am here to assist you, madame!

I live in the Southwest-erm-area of the U.S. so my timezone is Pacific Standard. I'm admittedly on at all times of the night(example being it's 3AM, my time, right now). I'm also usually on and off in the afternoons, and have recently taken to being intermittently on at all hours of the day or night. Sometimes I'm using my cell phone and not a computer, which makes it impossible for immediate gratification when asked to jump into the MMO but I tend to announce this.

My current CL hovers between 10.5-6, and I've been playing for years. I also have a lot of patience and am relatively used to helping people, even entirely on the spot, while not being in the same crew. I am usually pretty organized as a leader and pick up on a lot of things very quickly, which makes me versatile. I have extensive general knowledge and experience regarding the game, and so I am able and willing to fill almost any role, provided my CL is appropriate.

Truthfully, I've been thinking of organizing a guild for help and idolatry of this sort, but it's a fledgling ideal and I've not had the wherewithal or time to sit down and write an extensive set of game guides(or really the atypical set of administrative threads such as rules, etc.).

I do tend to swear, often. But it's rarely ever a directed effort. In fact, I mainly use my less-than-savory vocabulary to playfully color my words.

So...yeah! ^^

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Alannaa

I live in the Southwest-erm-area of the U.S. so my timezone is Pacific Standard. I'm admittedly on at all times of the night(example being it's 3AM, my time, right now). I'm also usually on and off in the afternoons, and have recently taken to being intermittently on at all hours of the day or night. Sometimes I'm using my cell phone and not a computer, which makes it impossible for immediate gratification when asked to jump into the MMO but I tend to announce this.

My current CL hovers between 10.5-6, and I've been playing for years. I also have a lot of patience and am relatively used to helping people, even entirely on the spot, while not being in the same crew. I am usually pretty organized as a leader and pick up on a lot of things very quickly, which makes me versatile. I have extensive general knowledge and experience regarding the game, and so I am able and willing to fill almost any role, provided my CL is appropriate.

Truthfully, I've been thinking of organizing a guild for help and idolatry of this sort, but it's a fledgling ideal and I've not had the wherewithal or time to sit down and write an extensive set of game guides(or really the atypical set of administrative threads such as rules, etc.).

I do tend to swear, often. But it's rarely ever a directed effort. In fact, I mainly use my less-than-savory vocabulary to playfully color my words.

So...yeah! ^^

I am delighted to have your help! And the part about swearing cracked me up!

Dapper Genius

Pinque Von Fluffendorken
Alannaa

So...yeah! ^^

I am delighted to have your help! And the part about swearing cracked me up!

Great! I'm subbing the thread and adding you, partly for ease of access and partly because reasons. Like "you're awesome."

Sweetheart

18,425 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Alannaa
Great! I'm subbing the thread and adding you, partly for ease of access and partly because reasons. Like "you're awesome."

*gigglesnorts* Thank you! I am goin to bed.

I shall see you all tomorrow!

Dapper Genius

Pinque Von Fluffendorken
Alannaa

*gigglesnorts* Thank you! I am goin to bed.

I shall see you all tomorrow!

Good night! ^^
Thanks again to all of you that helped me through the learning curve of aggro! It was much better to have you with and talk me through it!

IRL Cat

Pinque Von Fluffendorken
curtneko

Did you steal my string cheese? emotion_omnomnom
maybe if i wasn't lactose intolerant crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items