Welcome to Gaia! ::

When PVP does come out, will players be able to actually KILL eachother or will it all be friendly fights? There was a game I played and if you held Ctrl down and clicked on another player, it would make you attack them without having to equip the Pvp item. However, if you did end up killing them without the Pvp item, your name would turn red and you'd be labeled a murderer. Being a murderer has it's major downsides. Your name being red would allow other players to KILL you without becoming murderers and when you die, you drop your hard earned equips.

Anyways, what I'm trying to ask is, will Battle be like that or is it too soon to tell?
The PVP item you are talking about is Rings. We will attack monster and Players with rings.

That will not happen seeing that many people want to ask for PVP.
So if you have the ring equipped, can another player attack you at any given time?

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
No, rings are like weapons.

So far there is no specified rubric for PVP though it'll most likely be in arena's or other closed settings instead of the entire game world.
Ah, that's good. That way we wouldn't get slayed while trying to explore, lol.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
They don't want it to be too competitive and hostile out there.

Though nothing is official or final.
Ah, I see. Hopefully it's a system that works and doesn't get too many people screaming out "NOOB!" when they die, lol.
GenTrigger
They don't want it to be too competitive and hostile out there.

Though nothing is official or final.

yah, too competitive games are mostly play by teens, because they have more time. and if gaia mmo get too competitive, forum ppl might give up their chat time to play because they don't want to get kill or giving up mmo. also if mmo get too competitive, players might leave by lack of time and never come back. i think at least we should keep some balance between forum and mmo.
ITZ IMPORTABT TOO HAB FAIRE PVPNESS, OTHER WEEZE YOU HAB 37 YEAR OLD WEEABOOS IT DA PVPNESS ENVY, wahmbulance
Do we need to remake our avy's or can we use the ones we've already made? Anyone know?
Jibbbee
Do we need to remake our avy's or can we use the ones we've already made? Anyone know?
do we remake our avies in towns?(saim ancwer)

Dedicated Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Otami High Priestess
Jibbbee
do we remake our avies in towns?(saim ancwer)

~O~
So in other words, you won't need to remake your avatar. You use the same avatar through out the site. Also note, you can equip whatever you like, you don't need to look battle ready.
~O~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces