Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obviously this will be a suggestion for whats to come in PvP.

But I would like to see a very intriccate clan system with the possibility for clan alliances and alliances with parent, umbrella organizations.

One example of this would be:

Clan A is allied with Clan B, and vice versa.

Another Example:

Clan A & B belong to so-and-so faction

And so-and-so faction is alliead with this-and-that faction (which is comprised of clans c, d and e).

I've got to offor today, but will post more later.

Distinct Member

That was uncalled for...

Edit : Seems like the insult was deleted.
With a little work, a Planescape character could have

A Faction
--sub: a faction rank

An Alignment
- sub: an alignment tendency
- sub: an adventuring party

A Character Race
--sub: a social class

A Character Class
-sub: a character kit

seeing as there were about 15 factions, 3 ranks of factions, 9 alignments, 3 additional tendancies, around 18 player races, about 9 social classes, about 24 classes, and perhaps 60 kits; it made for millions of character combinations, not even including levels, stats, or equipment.

by adding a little bit of statistical modifiers, bonuses, penalties, or programmed items/quests/zones, or whatever, a system like clans has a lot of potential to add diversity as well as building team work and competition.
DarkRossikWulf
WHAT THE ******** U MEAN RUSSIA WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ABOUT MY FRIENDS COUNTRY U UGLY s**t U KNOW NOTHING OF MY FRIENDS COUNTRY

Ease up, killer.

It's just a meme that copies the comic stylings of Yakov Smirnov. It's not insulting the glorious mother russia at all.

Back to the subject, thanks Noire.

I was also thinking about a clan system similar to what I've heard about in games like Legend of the Five Rings, where there's a unified front, factions within that front and then the individual clans within those factions that have their alliances and their rivalries.

I was also going to add, that by introducing NPC factions (i.e. Zombies, Zurg, Von Helsons, Gambinos, Gaian independents) that's five factions within the Gaian community that have different goals.

It presents an opportunity for the game designers and the story writers to directly interface with the playing audience (because even though we are player characters, on Gaia we are part of the audience).

I think the way that the events have been held in the past point in this direction, meaning it wouldn't be too different from events that have been held in the past. Like the Gaians vs. Zombies Halloween events, or the Gains vs. Zurg events, or the Gambino versus Von Helson rallies (remember when they handed out the anti-gmabino signs and v-pins?)

There's untapped potential there.

They could even bring back the Gaian oympics, and users could compete according to what NPC faction they were allied with!

3nodding
Din Whispers
That was uncalled for...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I second that. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i third it
It's alright, it all happened yesterday.

He sent me a flaming PM that I got when I logged back online, but aside from that, I'm not worried about it.

I did submit a report about the PM, and really... it's okay.

I rather talk about my idea.

3nodding

Dapper Roisterer

2,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Window Shopper 100
I really don't like the idea of clans to start off with...
Why not?

No one said that just because there are clans that you have to join one.

Apparently going solo is going to be a viable option.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.
This is kind of a tangent, but related:

I would like to see NPCs as possible minibosses for boss fights.
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um, thank you...

Although I believe that we're not supposed to bump in this forum.

Did you think I had a good idea?

Edit: actually bumping is okay as long as the thread topic is not on the first page.

Thanks bud!

3nodding
Bumping this thread because of the new NPC storyline development.

ninja
bumping again

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas