Welcome to Gaia! ::

is it worth buying? surprised

Perfect Saint

It takes around 8-10 days for the bar to fill and only gives 3 days of playtime before it resets. That could really limit your progress if you intend to level up to CL 12.0 and do the really long quests in DMS.
DMS crews are complicated, because everyone has a different opinion of a ring set. 99.9999% of the time, someone will ditch or d/c to leave you and your crew lost in a maze every three rooms. The ditching is about 20 times worse than a smeb crew. The first maze can be up to 30 rooms, never in any type of order. Payout is close to nothing, unless you can manage to buy your way into completing one of the recipe drops, some of which, and I've done the math, is a bad investment. People will call you a noob until you strut a 11.0. Unless you have a crew that knows the meaning of a team, everyone will fight for what's now called "aggro" (which btw isn't new, just now that people other than veteran healers are noticing now) because the monsters are blind and can only see you if you're glowing with hate, allowing one person to control all the monsters in the room. DMS takes a bit of skill and team work, which makes it hard to focus, face plastered to the screen for 7-13 hours, and yes, a 7 hour run of DMS is a very quick speed run where the crew got lucky and got a short maze. Because so many people leave, cycling crew mates results in waiting... and waiting... watching your crew goof off.... waiting some more, rebuffing... waiting for that one dude to get back from afk.... and finally continuing for a couple rooms before someone else poofs and waiting again.
If you sell the blood droplets and other rare drops in the market, you can make about 30% back from what you spend on charges amps and revives that you will use, or be required to carry by your crew in DMS. You will have to open 3 slots designated for ring assignments. If you don't carry solar rays, the Grue can come at any time and insta-kill you. A crew mate over 10.0 with defib is a 1 in 100. Another scenario, where someone dies, no one has defib, and they have to null, and try to remember the way back through the maze. Extremely time consuming. If you have a life, chances are you will never see Kamila, or at least beat her.
If you have a large ego, a lot of free time, excess, expendable gold, and a TON of patience, you could try the gem.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Entriquet
DMS crews are complicated, because everyone has a different opinion of a ring set. 99.9999% of the time, someone will ditch or d/c to leave you and your crew lost in a maze every three rooms. The ditching is about 20 times worse than a smeb crew. The first maze can be up to 30 rooms, never in any type of order. Payout is close to nothing, unless you can manage to buy your way into completing one of the recipe drops, some of which, and I've done the math, is a bad investment. People will call you a noob until you strut a 11.0. Unless you have a crew that knows the meaning of a team, everyone will fight for what's now called "aggro" (which btw isn't new, just now that people other than veteran healers are noticing now) because the monsters are blind and can only see you if you're glowing with hate, allowing one person to control all the monsters in the room. DMS takes a bit of skill and team work, which makes it hard to focus, face plastered to the screen for 7-13 hours, and yes, a 7 hour run of DMS is a very quick speed run where the crew got lucky and got a short maze. Because so many people leave, cycling crew mates results in waiting... and waiting... watching your crew goof off.... waiting some more, rebuffing... waiting for that one dude to get back from afk.... and finally continuing for a couple rooms before someone else poofs and waiting again.
If you sell the blood droplets and other rare drops in the market, you can make about 30% back from what you spend on charges amps and revives that you will use, or be required to carry by your crew in DMS. You will have to open 3 slots designated for ring assignments. If you don't carry solar rays, the Grue can come at any time and insta-kill you. A crew mate over 10.0 with defib is a 1 in 100. Another scenario, where someone dies, no one has defib, and they have to null, and try to remember the way back through the maze. Extremely time consuming. If you have a life, chances are you will never see Kamila, or at least beat her.
If you have a large ego, a lot of free time, excess, expendable gold, and a TON of patience, you could try the gem.

Seems like you haven't had any good experiences with DMS. I've bolded things that are simply untrue.

For you, the gem might not have been worth it, but to discourage others from playing because of your bad experiences isn't cool.
I will see it more as a PRO.

heres why:

Con: There is only a limited time that you can enter DMS if you rely on the forum bar. The requirement to be in a crew now is 11+, it was lower before but since there is a wave of new 10+ players who are somewhat incompetent to be in a crew. Most leaders are looking for more people who have more experience. If you wait each time, you will loose the chance to be in the bandwagon. You may be stuck with crews who can't even do past the second cave. Also, it gets super laggy within those free 3 day access. Possibility that zOMG may not get updated for more than 1 year.

Pro: Unlimited access to DMS, anytime. You can level up as much as you want in a day. Since you play more, your cl will also go up and more people will be willing to crew you. You will have to the chance to get recipes for crafting. I tell ya, those new DMS items are hot! I want a Blood Bat but they are super hard to get all ingredients and expensive in MP. You may earn more friends.
Owlie's right, and I apologise for Jading your opinion of DMS. They may have fixed it, because the maze has seemed shorter recently, but there have been times we went through rooms up in the high 20's, I s**t you not x] DMS can be worth it, fun and a bit addicting when played with the right group of people. But I stand by my experiences. My advice would be to have a bunch of friends in your time zone you know will never let you down and avoid random crews

Sweet Glitch

dilann
I will see it more as a PRO.

heres why:

Con: There is only a limited time that you can enter DMS if you rely on the forum bar. The requirement to be in a crew now is 11+, it was lower before but since there is a wave of new 10+ players who are somewhat incompetent to be in a crew. Most leaders are looking for more people who have more experience. If you wait each time, you will loose the chance to be in the bandwagon. You may be stuck with crews who can't even fo past the second cave. Also, it gets super laggy within those free 3 day access. Possibility that zOMG may not get updated for more than 1 year.

Pro: Unlimited access to DMS, anytime. You can level up as much as you want in a day. Since you play more, your cl will also go up and more people will be willing to crew you. You will have to the chance to get recipes for crafting. I tell ya, those new DMS items are hot! I want a Blood Bat but they are super hard to get all ingredients and expensive in MP. You may earn more friends.

Do second this.

Marytanna's Husband

Perfect Elocutionist

Walfurtle

Do you have friends to play with.
YES: then YES
No: then NO

The new area is hard, and you will need a team.
Most CL10's find very hard time to find a crew.
You might just regret it.

Maybe it's worth buying if you have a lot of gold to spare.
Buying it is not really profitable.

Anima6996's Fangirl

Invisible Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Easley Lighthalzen
Walfurtle

Do you have friends to play with.
YES: then YES
No: then NO

The new area is hard, and you will need a team.
Most CL10's find very hard time to find a crew.
You might just regret it.

Maybe it's worth buying if you have a lot of gold to spare.
Buying it is not really profitable.

Yeah, I agree, DMS isn't really good for farming or anything, but I do suppose it's still a fun place if you have a good team
im just trying to make some fortune out of this
is it easy to just sell recipes?

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Cons:
~The Gem is quite expensive
~It can be hard to find a crew at <CL 10.5
~If your random crew sucks, it can suck pretty hard in an area that takes 1-2 hours for a basic farming run & 10+ to beat the boss (on a good run).
~ You can end up using a lot of power-ups

Pros:
~It can be fabulously fun
~Loot sells for quite a bit a the moment
~You can play whenever you like instead of only a few days a fortnight
~ I have met some great people I wouldn't have otherwise- you really get to bond with people in there.
~ You can use power-ups, supporting ZOMG development (yes, that is in both)
~ The area is quite challenging compared to the rest of the game and you can use new strategies.
~ Epics.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Walfurtle
im just trying to make some fortune out of this
is it easy to just sell recipes?
emotion_eyebrow If you're expecting to turn a profit, you'll have to get good at DMS, fast. To even make a good sum of money, time will have to be spent inside of the area.

Relentless Glitch

If you are a good team player able to find, make or even stay in crews, then it's a good idea, because you'd be wasting half your play time shouting for crews and wrestling with leaders rather than playing. Also, you may need a bit of capital and resource to invest through playing and crafting recipes. The longer the game is around, the less rare things get, the less they'll be costing in the MP.

Partying Sex Symbol

if you got alll your buff at level 10yea it is
I would suggest you try it out when it's opened, and then decide based upon your experience.

But I would say no, it's not really worth it, at least not if you pay it in cash (I don't care that much about the gold).
Making crews is hard already, but for yellow maze is still possible. Attunement crews are a different matter, making one takes really long and chances are some of your crew mates will abandon halfway, which makes a run last for +3hours easily (and that's the fastest crews).

If you have people to play with, then that's a different matter, but if you're crewing randomly the game is more a frustrating waste of time than anything else.

Also zOMG is a dying game, and even if this is an area you have to pay to play, it's terribly glitched with low chances of getting fixed now.

Still I play because I have fun, for me the biggest con is that it takes too much time to get anywhere, so unless you can have like +5 hours to play a day you won't be able to go past the Yellow Maze.

If what want from it it's making gold, I would suggest other activities better. Unless you're a skilled player with infinite amounts of time, you won't be making much profit there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff