Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you enter (if the prizes were good)?

Yes 0.48571428571429 48.6% [ 17 ]
Maybe... 0.4 40.0% [ 14 ]
No. 0.057142857142857 5.7% [ 2 ]
Huh? 0.057142857142857 5.7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 35 ]
1 2 3 >

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
siskataya
Owlie
siskataya
Owlie
siskataya
Castiel Lover
PS: Any chance of more of those real life "advertise gaia in public places" competitions from a few years back?

As for the "advertise Gaia in public places" question - yes, we are going to be bringing this back! If you feel so inclined already, please feel free to go ahead and do something and send us a picture to let us know! We'd love to see it 3nodding
- Sisky

What about a contest for "advertise zOMG! in public places"? whee

Sure, why not? If you zOMG! fans want to do this, we can certainly put something together. Can you pm me after this and remind me? This just goes so fast things can get lost ! @__@

Sisky

PM'ed

Thanks for the reminder! I'll see what I can come up with this week. If you have any specific ideas, please let me know. biggrin

Sisky

Seems like zOMGaians already have the hang of memes, even a contest, this should be absolutely easy for us to make some epic IRL ads for zOMG.

Ideas? Themes?

If there isn't a gaia-run one, perhaps I'll make a user-run one emotion_awesome

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Lux Fortuna

Clearly the biggest IRL troll I know needs to get in on this. cool

Ruthless Genius

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Owlie
Lux Fortuna

mad mad mad

Did you just use "Summon Lux Fortuna"

Darn you!

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Lux Fortuna
Owlie
Lux Fortuna

mad mad mad

Darn you!

Yes, yes i did. emotion_awesome

I use my Kutai and Lux summons the most often. whee

Rainbow Hunter

Lux Fortuna
Owlie
Lux Fortuna

mad mad mad

Darn you!

Lol and you're supposed to be writing essays. razz

Owlie: to come up with ideas, themes, for *how* to advertise, I would first have to have an idea of *where* to advertise. Can't think of anything just yet but my brain is not completely working properly yet.

An example of in-Gaia advertising I do, is in my sig, of course... but how to go about it outside this site?

Maybe we should flood the Cheezburger network with z!-themed lolcats and meme pictures? razz Make everyone wonder what on earth a zOMG! is... Nah, I don't think they'll appreciate that over there. mrgreen

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Memory Haunts You
Lux Fortuna
Owlie
Lux Fortuna

mad mad mad

Darn you!

Lol and you're supposed to be writing essays. razz

Owlie: to come up with ideas, themes, for *how* to advertise, I would first have to have an idea of *where* to advertise. Can't think of anything just yet but my brain is not completely working properly yet.

An example of in-Gaia advertising I do, is in my sig, of course... but how to go about it outside this site?

Maybe we should flood the Cheezburger network with z!-themed lolcats and meme pictures? razz Make everyone wonder what on earth a zOMG! is... Nah, I don't think they'll appreciate that over there. mrgreen

That would be really entertaining to somehow turn zOMG! into a viral meme lol

I think what Sisky's thinking is IRL advertising- like putting up a poster somewhere local for zomg.com, or posting flyers somewhere... or... i don't know what else this could incorporate, hence the thread. sweatdrop

...i really want to flood cheezburger now.

Rainbow Hunter

Owlie

I think what Sisky's thinking is IRL advertising- like putting up a poster somewhere local for zomg.com, or posting flyers somewhere... or... i don't know what else this could incorporate, hence the thread. sweatdrop

I know. I just have no idea whatsoever how well it works to advertise online things offline, kwim? I've never walked down a street and seen a poster about an internet site and thought: oh! I should visit that!
Though... Perhaps in certain geeky places and groups... hmmmm... Maybe?

Quote:

lol

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Memory Haunts You
Owlie

I know. I just have no idea whatsoever how well it works to advertise online things offline, kwim? I've never walked down a street and seen a poster about an internet site and thought: oh! I should visit that!

Quote:

lol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rainbow Hunter

Owlie
Memory Haunts You
Owlie

Quote:

lol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ok, challenge accepted indeed... I'll go make a few.

Eloquent Exhibitionist

I'll make a sign for my car emotion_dealwithit With this playing as my theam song in the car emotion_dealwithit
Yay. But I get the feeling that even if they did hold a contest it wouldn't be specific on zOMG!

Invisible Visionary

17,050 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
A friend of mine was getting some T-shirts made of some zOMG! art i've done.. We'll wear them out all the time! Maybe I can sneak in a piece of paper with a direct link to zOMG! on it labeled "an adventure of a lifetime" in some Geo-caches a few of my other friends are doing..
And finally, maybe I can sneak into work early and post a bunch of screen-caps with a link to zOMG! all over? >.>

These are just off the top of my head.. If another revitalize event is to take place, i'll be sure to find some great ideas. pirate

Newbie Noob

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'll just go outside dressed as Kamila again.

Hand out those free gold cards that they do at conventions.

BOOM PROFIT

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I wonder if it would be permissable to hand out some form of promotional material at a convention?
I'll be going to Fan Expo again this year, and if there was ever an ideal venue for advertising an MMO, that strikes me it.

I would imagine that it would have to be something rather under-stated, such as a business card, or something similarly discrete, so the organisers wouldn't get upset at someone leeching off their event, but it strikes me as a pretty decent opportunity if you could pull it off.

Also, maybe flyers at local Internet Cafe's and that sort of thing?

Eloquent Exhibitionist

Tarot Rune
A friend of mine was getting some T-shirts made of some zOMG! art i've done.. We'll wear them out all the time!
lolz... I thought of that last night! Some of the art that is on zOMG! (when you change areas) is awesome, and I wanted to know where I could find it (the arts) so I could screen print some onto t-shirts to wear around town.
WideEyed
I wonder if it would be permissable to hand out some form of promotional material at a convention?
I'll be going to Fan Expo again this year, and if there was ever an ideal venue for advertising an MMO, that strikes me it.

I would imagine that it would have to be something rather under-stated, such as a business card, or something similarly discrete, so the organisers wouldn't get upset at someone leeching off their event, but it strikes me as a pretty decent opportunity if you could pull it off.
I also thought about business cards! I love whipping them out when talking about things to people at cons cause it's an easy refrance. cat_3nodding

Hows this for an idea: Host local zOMG! LAN parties with friends, or at the local game shop. I think I'll ask the people who run the small town con here if I can host one next year cat_sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff