Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will Gaia use the stupid mind numbingly boaring click a monster and automaticaly attack manuever for gameplay?

you know, the one thats defined MMO's for all existance and has and is the bane of all hope for a good MMO in every one who plays actual games?

I mean you have two choices, you can do the lazy point at a monster click at it and WAIT for a minute (or an hour if you play RO) and repeat that over 9000 times.

or you could make gameplay unique and interesting, Like zelda, Secret of mana, Dewprism, FFCC, you know, those games that where FUN that people PRAISE all the time, I dont think ive heard ANYONE critisize these games, but with MMOs you allways get that mixed crowd of loyal moronic fanboys and people who see the thousands of MMOs for what they really are,

boaring clones.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
You do realize that if you ctrl+click in RO you'll attack until the monster dies? (Or use /noctrl immediately when you log.)

Gaia will use clicking and hotkeys.

LoZ, Secret of Mana, FFCC, ect. are NOT MMOs.
Please get your definitions straight.
There will be that whole point and click option. But there is another option made for people just like you that hate pointing and clicking (I believe. If not, tell me now regs!) You use arrow keys, and the hot keys, etc. Check out local FAQ's in the forum, stickies, or the GBS website to see details, or any other info you might want to look at.
Chokin
You do realize that if you ctrl+click in RO you'll attack until the monster dies? (Or use /noctrl immediately when you log.)

No get your brain fixed.

attacking automaticaly IS NOT GOOD its BOARING

Those other games are NOT mmos because if they where I would be playing them and not here bitching about the possibility that Gaia will release another stupid clone MMO thats not LIKE a good game in any way.

Distinct Warlord

Well, you have the key TAB to select a monster, and with the other hotkeys you could attack faster.

Anyway, I find this a pointless discussion, is a minor thing.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PokeLamia
Chokin

No get your brain fixed.

Those other games are NOT mmos because if they where I would be playing them and not here bitching about the possibility that Gaia will release another stupid clone MMO thats not LIKE a good game in any way.

Gaia's MMO is not a clone.
MMOs follow the same general format, but are not all alike.

Maybe MMOs just aren't for you, eh?

Also, I didn't take a nasty tone with you.
Don't take it with me.
Thank ye.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Somebody has sand in their vajayjay.

Gaia will have more interesting and tactical fighting in that you select an opponent then hold down the mouse button or it's hotkey to choose how much rage you use up and you have to wait till you damage the monster or it damages you to build up more rage. The different rings and ability to choose if you want to go all out or use a little bit of charge for a bunch of rings for combo's give it much more interesting fighting.

BTW if your into the whole action thingy and MMO's then you might want to check out tabula rasa a sci fi MMO with more action based shooting and fights.
maybe try "samurai legend musashi in the PS2" if you like those kind of game. i personally like those too, but it will end up by being the same when you play it online. because unlike fighting games, those only have jump and def more than mmo's base. when it come to power, you don't care, you just atk. like when you beat those boss in the game, you know the pathem and you jump/def at the right moment and slash like crazy at the moment given to do so.

as i said, you will just end up slashing only anyways. plus, imagine how you will control all those move. (ok, maybe in RO2, Perfect World and few other mmo have jump and make the game more fun, BUT when you are killing, you won't jump cause it make no difference, it only stops your atk)

Divine Phantom

well if it's like a point and clickthwn who cares. play it or not. whatever happens it's just a game. biggrin
PokeLamia
Chokin

No get your brain fixed.

Well then if they arent MMOs then how can you put them in your rant if they have nothing to do with the MMO in question. Thats like comparing a Walrus to a Cheetah to see who's faster. I suggest you try and make a valid argument and use fair comparisons before telling someone to get there "Brain fixed".
    And before you complain about how "BOARING" a game is and how much you don like it, then you try making a game and not using short cuts so it will make the making of the game faster. And not every game is made to your needs and wants, people try to make a game so everyone will like it. When the honest fact is you cant, some people like the arrow keys, while others like the W, A, S, D, keys and the mouse. By the way you spell boring with out the A.
It sounds like it will be an option; such as point-and-click or arrow-and-hot-keys. My preference is the arrow keys/hot keys style, but I know of quite a few people who prefer the point-and-click style. Is it really that big of a deal?
Ah, well, either way; it sounds as though it will be something interesting to look forward to.
KrazyJoe
maybe try "samurai legend musashi in the PS2" if you like those kind of game.

*Goes off on a tangent*

That game was pure crap compared to Brave Fencer Musashi.
"Oh look, I'm a legendary swordsman, but I only have one sword combo and my giant metal oar takes a solid three seconds to swing during which I'm wide open to enemy attacks."

On topic: Repetition is a major part of any MMO. Either learn to deal with it or stop playing them.
There is a good point about the point-and-click thing. In some MMOs you can click on your destination and your character will find a path to that point. It's helpful in rough terrain where the path isn't always clear. I sometimes used it in GW a long while back.

2,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I think there's both point and click, and you can use the arrow keys. Then there will be hotkeys for your rings/attacks.
The Right Honorable MG
KrazyJoe
maybe try "samurai legend musashi in the PS2" if you like those kind of game.

*Goes off on a tangent*

That game was pure crap compared to Brave Fencer Musashi.
"Oh look, I'm a legendary swordsman, but I only have one sword combo and my giant metal oar takes a solid three seconds to swing during which I'm wide open to enemy attacks."

On topic: Repetition is a major part of any MMO. Either learn to deal with it or stop playing them.

brave fencer musaahi and the ps2 one are the same, just that the ps2 one have more skill and te graphic is much more better.

On topic: repetition isn't the point of mmo. i some mmo, they are actually improving on that. the normal atk aren't no more the one hit, one hit, one hit mode. now, some of them make combo for normal atk. ( example: 9dragons ) here, in gaia mmo, as for the mantis ring (rage lvl 4) you make combo, and there isn't really any "normal atk" since you have to use ring for every single atk.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff