Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
After 10 months, I have finally achieved my goal of soloing a room in the Green Maze of DMS in one go - with a NF too, to my surprise!

I have uploaded a recording of the run (part of the run was not recorded; to be explained below) which consists of two separate videos - please allow me to share them now:

There are a few things I'd like to specify, via a Q&A format:

Q: Why are the videos so choppy?

A: I had to drastically reduce the frame-rate and video quality in order to minimize slowdown and lag. This was vital for me to ensure an adequate game-play performance.

Q: How did you solo the NF?

A: Prior to this attempt, I did not think it would be possible to solo a room with a NF. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized I was capable of out-pacing a NF's health regeneration rate without any buffs. Turns out, a CL 12 Guns ring, CL 12 Solar Rays ring, Ghi amp, Superchargers, Normal GHI accuracy boost, Fitness and overall CL of 12 are all it takes to solo a NF in the Green Maze.

I continually kited the NF while simultaneously attacking it with Guns, Solar Rays, and Adrenaline; making sure to stay outside of it's attack range when initiating attacks.

It took me 22 minutes to defeat the NF, hence why I only recorded me finishing it off.

*one more Q&A to be added later*

I am a bit disappointed with my lackluster performance early in the run (Which may likely have been attributed to an unusually strong presence of lag) , but I am otherwise satisfied to have finally achieved this self-imposed goal.

Previous edit
First recorded attempt to solo a room in the Green Maze

First Blood Bat falls - 1:19
Fourth Blood Bat falls - 4:02
Male Vampire falls - 5:14 3nodding
Divinity falls - 5:20 gonk
XPrinceofSpooky3 falls - 5:59 crying

Turns out there was a significant discrepancy between real time (Kept track of by my computer, at least) and in-game time that was I not aware of.

Where I thought I had a few good minutes before my buffs fell, they were right about to fall.
Too bad they didn't last until I defeated the Female Vampire - I'm positive I could have safely camped on the ledge to defeat the Wolf and Big-Dog with Solar Rays and Adrenaline...

I've adapted to surviving on my own well enough without the Medic Set or Diagnose, so I'm still satisfied with the result of this attempt.

I made a LOT of avoidable mistakes this run, and I still haven't unlocked my Major Accuracy and Dodge Ghi Boosts yet - it is likely possible to Solo a Green Room with an easier layout in one go... that is my goal.

ninja

First recording of a Blood Bat soloed

First recorded attempt to solo a Blood Bat

Failure 4:45
(Close call? 3:09)
My apologies for the terrible quality (I forgot to convert the video to a suitable format before uploading) sweatdrop

I was a bit unfortunate to have a wolf on the ledge, its ability to attack immediately whenever I entered it's attack range required me to heal a lot more than I would have needed to otherwise.

On the other hand, I ended up with a room with one of the easiest layouts to navigate.

Some clarifications I would like to make :

Mi internet was running at a ping of 42 ms with a download and upload speed of 4.98 Mbps and 0.63 Mbps respectively.

The Web browser used was Mozilla Firefox (17.1)

All buffs were self-applied within the null chamber at rage rank 4, excluding sphere and pot (sphere was r2 and pot was r1)

After applying Divinity at r4 (The first buff I r4ed) , it took me about 2 and a half minutes to reach GR

My Ghi boosts were leveled as follows :

Accuracy - level 2
Dodge - level 2
Willpower - level 3
Health - level 3
Luck - level 3

iFaiji's Pardner

Much Hobo

42,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
prolly not a pretty room to attempt to solo a single bat and i don't think its worth it to do that s**t xD. Anyway I enjoyed watching it...

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Lol, 10 minutes.

Congrats!

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Only Gray
Lol, 10 minutes.

Congrats!

The video is only 5 minutes and 11 seconds in length, but for some reason the length is listed as 10 minutes when viewing the thumbnail .. xp

I spent a total of around 7 minutes of game time after applying r4 div, so I was no where near the point where my buffs would drop.

I got stuck at one point and I died!

whee

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
XPrinceofSpooky3
Only Gray
Lol, 10 minutes.

Congrats!

The video is only 5 minutes and 11 seconds in length, but for some reason the length is listed as 10 minutes when viewing the thumbnail .. xp

I spent a total of around 7 minutes of game time after applying r4 div, so I was no where near the point where my buffs would drop.

I got stuck at one point and I died!

whee

It's been a while since I've dmsed (like, over half a year, trololol), so I momentarily forgot that in GR, they hit a lot harder than YM.

I was confused for a moment, like "wait, the wolf wouldn't do THAT much damage and the bat doesn't have that much health, so a few nice hacks would do the trick. Why 10 minutes?"

But yeah, that's awesome! I wouldn't bother trying unless I was planning to use superchargers and what not. sweatdrop

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Bumped for new content~

3nodding

Rainbow Nerd

Congrats Prince! You're awesome ! *w*

Rogue

Another achievement to add up to your list hun! * A *

I will pop your BL cherry emotion_dowant
//insisted >:]

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Bumped for additional content.

Vicious Prophet

it might help if you amped wink

EDIT: lol nvm you did ignore me

Shy Noob

Great job!
You made me want to try too.
redface

I didn't record it, but I did get some screenshots.
sweatdrop

The room I got had a Big Dog, 4 Vamps (3 male and 1 female), and 1 set of Blood Bats.

I tried it a little different though, I used cat and tape to try and focus on a single enemy at a time.

When I entered the room the 3 male vamps and the BD aggro'd, so first I catted the vamps and focused on the BD. (Picture 1)

After the BD was down I kept using cat to keep the vamps from ganging up on me. (Picture 2)

After I killed the 3 male vamps I kept the female vamp taped while scaring the bats. I was able to kill 2 bats before my buffs wore off and I died. (Picture 3)
emo

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
strapping young Iad
Great job!
redface

sweatdrop

The room I got had a Big Dog, 4 Vamps (3 male and 1 female), and 1 set of Blood Bats.

I tried it a little different though, I used cat and tape to try and focus on a single enemy at a time.

When I entered the room the 3 male vamps and the BD aggro'd, so first I catted the vamps and focused on the BD. (Picture 1)

After the BD was down I kept using cat to keep the vamps from ganging up on me. (Picture 2)

After I killed the 3 male vamps I kept the female vamp taped while scaring the bats. I was able to kill 2 bats before my buffs wore off and I died. (Picture 3)
emo

Very nice!
emotion_kirakira
Just a few hours and you've already developed a more efficient method then the one I used.

I may end up incorporating CC into my ring-set as well.
emotion_brofist

Shy Noob

XPrinceofSpooky3
strapping young Iad
Great job!
redface

sweatdrop

emo

Very nice!
emotion_kirakira
Just a few hours and you've already developed a more efficient method then the one I used.

I may end up incorporating CC into my ring-set as well.
emotion_brofist

I want to try again when I have more powerups to spare.
xd

I'm a little bummed with that room. I could have done it without tape, and had room for... well I'm not sure, but something that could have helped more. Or I wish there was a wolf or at least more female vamps so I could have taped them and been able to sit for stamina.
sad

Questionable Phantom

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
-Final Bump-

whee

Rogue

So this was what you told me last time in crew. OMG xDD
I am sorry ;o; I tend to forget things a lot

Quick Reply