14,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
LadyTimePiece
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece
P h ii l l y
Adren/Knife|Diag|Bandy|Wish|FF/Integ|Buff|Passive.
I never thought of a tank having knife, that;s an interesting idea.
Knife is pretty bad in yellow rooms, imo. mad I never let people bring it if I can help it.. The tank is there to keep the team alive. Why waste extra stamina on a weak attack that uses tons of stamina when you won't die anyways. ;P
Well, scratch that then. Lol.

I refuse to adapt to what is considered "the right/best way", I stand as a reminder we are all different and unique, no one player better than another.

My key is to carry all impossible combos proving that there is no incorrect alternative.
But room to prosper creativity and harmony among many variances.

High-functioning Flashback

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
P h ii l l y
LadyTimePiece
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece
P h ii l l y
Knife is pretty bad in yellow rooms, imo. mad I never let people bring it if I can help it.. The tank is there to keep the team alive. Why waste extra stamina on a weak attack that uses tons of stamina when you won't die anyways. ;P

I refuse to adapt to what is considered "the right/best way", I stand as a reminder we are all different and unique, no one player better than another.

My key is to carry all impossible combos proving that there is no incorrect alternative.
I suppose I can get with you there.

Intellectual Lunatic

LadyTimePiece
Prince High
LadyTimePiece
So it looks like only one ring varies on average. What are your opinions on having one attack ring, versus no attack ring and something else such a defib or another passive?

Having an attack is good. It gives you instant aggro of the room.
You won't have to wait for the room to aggro on you.

As for my set, I bring

Band, Diag, Wish, Shuriken, Buff, Buff, Meat, Fitness.

Sometimes though, I bring another passive instead of another buff.
Wouldn't two buffs slow down the tanks progress? I mean, this person needs to heal constantly, attack, buff iron, and occasionally buff others if the nf goes bonkers.

You can rebuff when the room is almost done, like when there's 2-3 left so it wouldn't slow down the tank.

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
LadyTimePiece
Lolz. You have a tape addiction. So, can you better explain to me the difference between scaling and stacking rings? I think some of them actually fit into both categories. Do you know anything about them? I've read about them but I havent really found much of an explanation.
I do. xd If I'm doing DPS, then I bring space trooper set for the accuracy boost... xd So I pretty much always can have tape. heart

Scaling Rings:
There are two types of stats on rings:
Percentage-based: (Armor, Deflect, Reflect, Luck, Stamina Regeneration, CC success rate)
Flat-number-based: (Damage, Healing, Health Regen, Dodge, Accuracy, Willpower, Armor Pool, Hate Generation)

Percentage-based stats always use that same percentage no matter what CL the ring is.
Scalar-based stats scale with the CL of the ring that the stat is on.

Nonscaling rings would be rings that have only percentage-based stats (ex. Pot Lid, Sphere, Divinity, etc.)
Scaling rings would be rings that have scalar-based stats on them. (ex. any attack/healing ring, ghost, keen, iron, halo, etc.)
You could also label some rings as partially scaling (ex. Teflon), where the main boost (i.e. armor) does not scale, but some sideeffects do (i.e. dodge bonus when raged).

I guess technically speed gets it's own class though, since speed
is a flat number boost, but doesn't scale. xd

For example:
I can take CL 1.0 Tape ring or CL 1.0 pot lid into DMS because the success percentage/armor/deflect isn't based on the CL of the ring, but if I take a CL 1.0 Ghost into DMS, then everyone will get 4-12 dodge points only and be very unhappy.. sad

Stacking rings:
I'm guessing they're talking about the armor rings that can be spammed for rage? (i.e. Rock, Teflon, Pot Lid, Sphere)

There is a rumor that reusing these will overwrite the existing versions of them with a lower rage level, but this isn't true.. It merely overwrites the display of the buff, not the actual buff.. >.<;

Hope that helps~

Omnipresent Warlord

P h ii l l y
LadyTimePiece
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece
P h ii l l y

Just because it's possible to make a set work doesn't mean it's a good way to do it. By your standard a tank carrying taunt in YM would be just as good as one carrying Heavy Water Balloon.

High-functioning Flashback

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece
Lolz. You have a tape addiction. So, can you better explain to me the difference between scaling and stacking rings? I think some of them actually fit into both categories. Do you know anything about them? I've read about them but I havent really found much of an explanation.
I do. xd If I'm doing DPS, then I bring space trooper set for the accuracy boost... xd So I pretty much always can have tape. heart

Scaling Rings:
There are two types of stats on rings:
Percentage-based: (Armor, Deflect, Reflect, Luck, Stamina Regeneration, CC success rate)
Flat-number-based: (Damage, Healing, Health Regen, Dodge, Accuracy, Willpower, Armor Pool, Hate Generation)

Percentage-based stats always use that same percentage no matter what CL the ring is.
Scalar-based stats scale with the CL of the ring that the stat is on.

Nonscaling rings would be rings that have only percentage-based stats (ex. Pot Lid, Sphere, Divinity, etc.)
Scaling rings would be rings that have scalar-based stats on them. (ex. any attack/healing ring, ghost, keen, iron, halo, etc.)
You could also label some rings as partially scaling (ex. Teflon), where the main boost (i.e. armor) does not scale, but some sideeffects do (i.e. dodge bonus when raged).

I guess technically speed gets it's own class though, since speed
is a flat number boost, but doesn't scale. xd

For example:
I can take CL 1.0 Tape ring or CL 1.0 pot lid into DMS because the success percentage/armor/deflect isn't based on the CL of the ring, but if I take a CL 1.0 Ghost into DMS, then everyone will get 4-12 dodge points only and be very unhappy.. sad

Stacking rings:
I'm guessing they're talking about the armor rings that can be spammed for rage? (i.e. Rock, Teflon, Pot Lid, Sphere)

There is a rumor that reusing these will overwrite the existing versions of them with a lower rage level, but this isn't true.. It merely overwrites the display of the buff, not the actual buff.. >.<;

Hope that helps~
That helped a bunch! Thank you very much! whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas