Have you tanked before?

Yes, and I'm good at it. 0.53571428571429 53.6% [ 15 ]
Yes, but I'm terrible at it. 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 2 ]
No, but I want to learn. 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 8 ]
No, and I don't want to learn. 0.10714285714286 10.7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Omnipresent Warlord

Defib probably shouldn't be brought by the tank because the person getting attacked by all the enemies who damage everything around the target would probably end up not helping the dazed person at all in a pinch. Someone aside the tank or adrener should have defib, if it is assigned. Depending on how expensive revives are on the MP a defib might not be a bad idea for a crew.

High-functioning Flashback

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Dandeliondart
Bandy/diag/wish/sweetheart/buff/twoattacks/integ
I've been told that SH is best for kiters vs tanks. I would assume it'd be harder to not get your teammates hurt if you have to take the time out to SH them. One, because it would take the time out from your healing and two sometimes SH makes you have to be much closer to some people than you would prefer to be. I had to unexpectedly BU tank the other day when I've never tanked before and I hit that problem. o.o Any thoughts?
I do love my SH, but I love people not dying more.

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Omnileech
Defib probably shouldn't be brought by the tank because the person getting attacked by all the enemies who damage everything around the target would probably end up not helping the dazed person at all in a pinch. Someone aside the tank or adrener should have defib, if it is assigned. Depending on how expensive revives are on the MP a defib might not be a bad idea for a crew.
I've been back and forth on the idea of having defib in a crew. I honestly never came to a complete decision on whether or not it's a waste. Maybe it just depends on the crew? Maybe I just don't know as much about DMS as I should? Heh.

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece
So it looks like only one ring varies on average. What are your opinions on having one attack ring, versus no attack ring and something else such a defib or another passive?
You really need the attack to be effective in combat.. Without it, your stamina will shoot up and you'll be basically leeching. xd

If you can't survive with an attack, then don't bring one, but then you just stink at tanking, so... yeah. xd

Personally I like tape over meat, because it gives me.... the power to save my friends! Dun dun dun!
Lol. razz Really more so that I can solo entire rooms when the team lags behind. xd

Defib should probably not be brought by the tank. mad It's a handicap. :s Don't handicap the tank. xd
I think my main concern is how to balance out healing and attacking. How do I know when to attack? When should I worry about healing? Should I heal constantly or just when I've reached a certain amount of health?

Dangerous Bear

14,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Adren/Knife|Diag|Bandy|Wish|FF/Integ|Buff|Passive.

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Prince High
LadyTimePiece
So it looks like only one ring varies on average. What are your opinions on having one attack ring, versus no attack ring and something else such a defib or another passive?

Having an attack is good. It gives you instant aggro of the room.
You won't have to wait for the room to aggro on you.

As for my set, I bring

Band, Diag, Wish, Shuriken, Buff, Buff, Meat, Fitness.

Sometimes though, I bring another passive instead of another buff.
Wouldn't two buffs slow down the tanks progress? I mean, this person needs to heal constantly, attack, buff iron, and occasionally buff others if the nf goes bonkers.

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
P h ii l l y
I never thought of a tank having knife, that;s an interesting idea.

Kawaii Cat

11,925 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Hero 100
LadyTimePiece
Dandeliondart
I've been told that SH is best for kiters vs tanks. I would assume it'd be harder to not get your teammates hurt if you have to take the time out to SH them. One, because it would take the time out from your healing and two sometimes SH makes you have to be much closer to some people than you would prefer to be. I had to unexpectedly BU tank the other day when I've never tanked before and I hit that problem. o.o Any thoughts?

Oh this is only for YM, because I don't like to take meat. I find that the monsters hit me less without meat and so I can toggle tank a lot, which I like to. As for gr, use meat, indeed. And buff when the room is empty. o;

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Dandeliondart
LadyTimePiece
Dandeliondart

Oh this is only for YM, because I don't like to take meat. I find that the monsters hit me less without meat and so I can toggle tank a lot, which I like to. As for gr, use meat, indeed. And buff when the room is empty. o;
I turned into BU in YM because the tank died and I was suppressed to her level. >.< I didn't have any of the tank rings either so I was handicapped right from the start. If the grue hadnt come and the rest of the people had a little bit more knowledge in the beginning then we wouldnt have died. I used some of my amps and then the grue came. Blah. >.<

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
LadyTimePiece
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece
You really need the attack to be effective in combat.. Without it, your stamina will shoot up and you'll be basically leeching. xd

If you can't survive with an attack, then don't bring one, but then you just stink at tanking, so... yeah. xd

Personally I like tape over meat, because it gives me.... the power to save my friends! Dun dun dun!
Lol. razz Really more so that I can solo entire rooms when the team lags behind. xd

Defib should probably not be brought by the tank. mad It's a handicap. :s Don't handicap the tank. xd
I think my main concern is how to balance out healing and attacking. How do I know when to attack? When should I worry about healing? Should I heal constantly or just when I've reached a certain amount of health?

Heal as much as you need to to stay alive.. If there is an NF on screen, heal like a madman constantly.

Attack if your stamina gets above ~40 or if there's like nothing left to do?

surprised

General thumb rules? c:

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
LadyTimePiece
P h ii l l y
Knife is pretty bad in yellow rooms, imo. mad I never let people bring it if I can help it.. The tank is there to keep the team alive. Why waste extra stamina on a weak attack that uses tons of stamina when you won't die anyways. ;P

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece
P h ii l l y
Knife is pretty bad in yellow rooms, imo. mad I never let people bring it if I can help it.. The tank is there to keep the team alive. Why waste extra stamina on a weak attack that uses tons of stamina when you won't die anyways. ;P
Well, scratch that then. Lol.

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece

Heal as much as you need to to stay alive.. If there is an NF on screen, heal like a madman constantly.

Attack if your stamina gets above ~40 or if there's like nothing left to do?

surprised

General thumb rules? c:
Well, I suppose those might be good things to know. biggrin Now to figure out what the best attack ring is for a tank in YM. o.o I'm seeing Hot Foot a bunch...I wonder if they all just read Omni's threads. Lol. BTW, I thought stacking and scaling buffs were the same thing? I'm a little confused now...

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
LadyTimePiece
Well, I suppose those might be good things to know. biggrin Now to figure out what the best attack ring is for a tank in YM. o.o I'm seeing Hot Foot a bunch...I wonder if they all just read Omni's threads. Lol. BTW, I thought stacking and scaling buffs were the same thing? I'm a little confused now...
My vote is for hack, because it deals about twice as much DPS as hotfoot... And the long cooldown/effective use of excess rage (common) makes it a very nice one-off attack for when you're not panicking over healing. xd

The fact that it's not ranged doesn't bother me, because I want things to attack me anyways. (so I can heal to get moar aggro >:]) And AoE is useless cause they heal. :s Plus tape..

/IMO

17,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Hashtable
LadyTimePiece
My vote is for hack, because it deals about twice as much DPS as hotfoot... And the long cooldown/effective use of excess rage (common) makes it a very nice one-off attack for when you're not panicking over healing. xd

The fact that it's not ranged doesn't bother me, because I want things to attack me anyways. (so I can heal to get moar aggro >:]) And AoE is useless cause they heal. :s Plus tape..

/IMO
Lolz. You have a tape addiction. So, can you better explain to me the difference between scaling and stacking rings? I think some of them actually fit into both categories. Do you know anything about them? I've read about them but I havent really found much of an explanation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff