Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rogue

Before asking the higher-ups if a re-release of Sweetheart could be arranged, I want to get a sense of what the players think first. I know elitism is alive and well in the z!C (not hating on anyone, just saying it exists).
If you own a SH ring, do you find yourself more unique, helpful, and recrewtable than your peers? Or do you find it annoying you sometimes get assigned 3 rings because people know you have SH?

Do you the player think it should/shouldn't be available to again? why or why not?

personally I think if they put it in the CS again they'd get mad cs sales, which could satisfy a lot of their excuses for throwing away zOMG! = funding. Not to say that it'd fix everything, but it's a start~

Dangerous Humorist

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
DelDev

personally I think if they put it in the CS again they'd get mad cs sales, which could satisfy a lot of their excuses for throwing away zOMG! = funding. Not to say that it'd fix everything, but it's a start~

Sounds like a good idea to me. I wouldn't mind having it released again, and tbh I always have an extra slot to do random things with anyway. I wouldn't mind carrying SH as an aggro. Kinda fits the whole set anyway.

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200
I own the Sweetheart Ring and I always carry it when I'm aggro. It is very helpful in that regard. smile

Benevolent Codger

I believe I was one of the staunchest supporters (but let's not revive that thread) of a Sweetheart re-release, when the opportunity first arose. While I still believe the core reasons for releasing Sweetheart are valid, I believe the window-of-opportunity for achieving those goals has passed - if they were to re-release it now, I would be even more disappointed than I was when they didn't re-release it last year. Sweetheart was a mistake, and it's worth learning from - but at this point, I feel the ring itself is a lost cause.

Many players initially had the belief that Sweetheart would never be re-released; and many players bought the ring under that assumption. Whether that conclusion was sound or not - I believe 'not', as the developers were even undecided as to whether they would - it was prevalent enough among those who worked and paid for Sweetheart that it warranted some modicum of consideration. As I've stated, I was strongly of the opinion that that consideration did not outweight the benefits of establishing a precedent of re-release; but the establishing of that precedent was the vital issue.

Given their first opportunity to re-release Sweetheart - the February following its initial release - the choice they would make would establish a precedent; it would either expressly overturn the assumption that Sweetheart would not be re-released, or it would implicitly confirm that conclusion. The reason I was so fervent that they make the 'right' choice in that circumstance, was that I believed - and still do - that whatever choice they made then, would be the choice they were 'stuck with'. The rest, as they say, is history.

If I were in-charge of zOMG!, there is a laundry-list of things I would change about the game - and there was a time when Sweetheart was on that list. But today, I wouldn't touch Sweetheart even if given the chance; I'm willing to accept that it's one mistake we can't simply fix. As much as I appreciate what it is you'd like to achieve, I'm afraid the time for this discussion has passed...

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i've said it a hundred times, i'll say it a hundred more: lots of people payed an extreme amount of money (1 mil+) for that ring; just to have it re-released again and have the price drop below 500k would make the people who bought their ring feel ripped off, and there would probably be the same amount of butthurt, if not more, that resulted from the integrity/abuse fiasco.

Omnipresent Warlord

I own SH but these days I hardlycarry it anymore in DMS. I'm almost always tanking but I just prefer if others carry the ring.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Even though I would really like a chance of buying a sweetheart that wasn't 5 mil...

Not worth all the drama and butthurt. talk2hand

Rogue

Idk anyone that would pay 5m for a ring. neutral

Tipsy Gekko

9,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bidding War 100
I would like it to be re-released, but I agree with Kenny. People shouldn't be ripped off for buying it for so much. I would propose that if re-released, it be soulbound so that who ever buy's it with GC keeps it forever. No one can sell it so then prices don't go up...but then again, that could have some problems in a way that at the moment I can't think of one. So yea, my idea. Current one's in the MP shouldn't be soulbound, only those that are sold in Shop.

Shy Noob

DelDev

Call me crazy but I paid 6.
sweatdrop
But really only because I have very little interest in Gaia items and I enjoy zOMG! a lot. I don't think I'm extra special or anything for having it. If it was re-released I wouldn't mind at all.

And I agree if it was put back in the Cash Shop the sales would be crazy and could really help out with the zOMG! funding... and then a new Facebook game would mysteriously appear.
emo

Anxious Cat

17,125 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
I would love for it to be re-released, I would buy it so fast.

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
4laugh I am a sweet heart owner i say nayyyyyy i paid a fair amount and even got one free for some reason but if there was to be a a way of getting it it have to be a insane time consuming gold consuming affair.

Altruistic Giver

26,550 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
-checks MP price- o.x
Sweet mother of pearl..

In a way, it would help bring the price down on it, get funding for zomg.

On the other hand though, you have to think of the people who bought it at this insane price. Plus during the initial release, it said it was limited release,sooo...
I'm on the fence.

Shameless Gawker

DelDev

agreed. B| i have trouble saving to 1mil as is... I think I'll go on an item shopping spree if I got that 5mil...User Image

User Image

Destructive Bunny

DelDev

I did :3

And looking MP sales, lots of other do too.

I don't mind a re-release, as long as they change the ring name, change the animation colour and ring graphic.

Some bubbly white/gold/black hearts would be nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff