Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

It was very long :V

In other words, they might make a little effort to patch up our paid for content, but it'll be a newbie who does it, soemone they'll have to train up first.
[...]
Pan asked berry if the list of glitches had further documentation. WTH?! There are 50+ threads in the zomg bugs forum detailing them. Looks like they made that forum to look good and never checked it ever.

Feb 22 AtA:
DARKNRGY
Sakura Parfait
Dark, one of the reasons why there are users leaving the game is because, from what I've heard, there are bugs and glitches in the game that have still not yet been fixed. Not to mention, the lack of new content to keep most users' interests.

Indeed! One of the options we're going to explore is to bring in someone who's familiar with the system on a contract basis. I'm not happy that it has bugs that interfere with the experience because that's one of our big initiatives right now.

May not be a newbie. Wouldn't be optimal they know it.

I wouldn't expect Pan to keep track of that. My understanding is that QA people do and used to, at least when Kuz was around.

That's not minor :U

Its sad, we gave them various avenues to monetize and help build the game, they ignore all of them. How easy is it to boost traffic if they just add alchemy components in zOMG? That AtA was held longer than usual, but it was in the pretense of showing that they cared, when in fact they don't care about zOMG.

Gawd finding quotes is a pain.

Not ignored.

Same thread as above:
Panagrammic
Q. Why not more ties to Alchemy?

Yeah, we're in the process of balancing out alchemy, and would like to have more ties to all the features on the site. So far our experiments in that direction (i.e., Golden Giftbox) didn't seem to increase zOMG usage; after GGB was released we did not see an uptick in the amount of zOMG play.

(Some counters could be raised here, such as "well, you didn't integrate alchemy ENOUGH," but remember that we have a marketplace that circulates items pretty efficiently. For alchemy to drive appreciable traffic they would probably have to be items that were not attainable by other means, i.e., you have to prevent distribution on the marketplace by potentially soulbinding both components and the results of alchemy. There is also the question of whether people "forced" into zOMG because there is no other way to get a particular item would be inclined to fund it).

Last AtA:
Lanzer

Cirnol64

4) (Not a question) Please consider the alchemy drops to zOMG!(Adding a drop rate in the game would boost playability wink )

Noted. We'll keep zOMG in mind as we grant more alchemy items.

9 Jan 2012 AtA:

Lanzer

MrsrachaelSnape

Hi Lanzer

1. I love the idea of Alchemy just not how hard it is to get components.
Can’t components be easy to get. Why not have them in many ways to win it? Like mini games, zomg, town/rally and so on. A lot of old features get forgotten , why have components in old mini games and such .Therefore there is more components as well more people using old features .It’s a win win.

We do have many ideas about having future alchemy be based on specifics on what people do, from mini games to zomg. Though at the beginning we want to make sure that items are not just available to people playing specific features so we didn't focus on that. We'll have more to share later.

Short, it may still happen even if they believe it won't really boost traffic.
I'm sure this does not satisfy you, make an SF thread : P

And how could they show to you that they do care?

Codebreaking Poster

gataka
That's what she said

Familiar Lunatic

011100000110100101100101X
gataka
That's what she said
Yeah, then I told her she would get used to it but she didn't believe me emo

Invisible Citizen

gataka
boisterously_silent
....some minor content updates like a new ring.

"Minor" refers to the amount of work required to implement it, compared to more substantial fixes and updates, which I would call "major". Lanzer said, "Things like new rings are easier to make than new areas, and we're actively talking about that also. We'd like to get to being able to get bug fixed first, then we can look into features such as new rings."

Destructive Bunny

gataka

Thanks for gathering all that, but I'm sure you'll understand if I have difficulty in believing anything they said on the 22nd ATA. Where they weren't prepared and it was misinformation galore.

As for pan, I've cooled down and realized that it wouldn't be a part of his responsibilities, especially since he got promoted. Still it's sad that the debugging forum got forgotten.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
The contractor we're working with is an experienced zOMG dev (halzy). He was also instrumental to getting DMS out.
Starshine
Instead of our experienced devs, we _might_ get a contractor to fix bugs relating to _DMS_.

Questionable Genius

Panagrammic
The contractor we're working with is an experienced zOMG dev (halzy). He was also instrumental to getting DMS out.
Starshine
Instead of our experienced devs, we _might_ get a contractor to fix bugs relating to _DMS_.
What? This is...good news?

I feel funny guys...catch me if I fall over. I don't remember the last time we heard good news in here.

Still: I approve of this. I hope HQ will make more decisions like this that we can all get behind.

Enigmatic Duelist

Mademoiselle Kit
Panagrammic
Starshine
What? This is...good news?

I feel funny guys...catch me if I fall over. I don't remember the last time we heard good news in here.

Still: I approve of this. I hope HQ will make more decisions like this that we can all get behind.
*Catches you* ... Can we have a glass of sweetened water please!?

Destructive Bunny

Panagrammic
Starshine

Thank you! Little details like this really goes a long way to brighten up our outlook of the future.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
yeah... that ata.... way long....... but i do like the fact that more staff are a part of ata than in the past. still, what others have said, the same kind of answers have been given. but, it been like a broken record for so long anyway. and glad to hear halzy will be helping out if possible. but, it'll be a doozey since some bugs been around for a year or more. so of course with what someone has said about "proof" of the bugs... emotion_facepalm
Panagrammic
Starshine

Thank you, that is good news. Much appreciated.

Familiar Lunatic

Bringing halzy back would be sweet.
boisterously_silent
gataka
boisterously_silent
....some minor content updates like a new ring.

"Minor" refers to the amount of work required to implement it, compared to more substantial fixes and updates, which I would call "major". Lanzer said, "Things like new rings are easier to make than new areas, and we're actively talking about that also. We'd like to get to being able to get bug fixed first, then we can look into features such as new rings."
Guess I can't have fun with words : P

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
ATA was so long, I gave up about half way through. The sense I get is zOMG is shelved and will be shelved for as long as Gaia has other more profitable ventures. From a business point of view this makes perfect sense.

As it stands, unless a lot of players actually leave the site, Gaia has zOMG in a good place for them. People are spending gc to get past the lower gold nerf, and are spending money on amps, superchargers, etc. for dms ... that is not going to change unless players actually leave the site. Those buying 250gc to get over the gold nerf are playing ss ... new content is not needed to keep them doing that. It's going to take awhile for most people to beat kami so the $'s are going to continue to be spent on ghi amps, etc for dms.

So, unless there is a mass exodus of players leaving Gaia over zOMG, it is highly unlikely you're going to see anything good happen. Ofc, Gaia will do what it can to make us happy, as long as it's cost effective (i.e. new rings, rehashing old events, etc). Again, this is just another sound business decision ... you really, really don't want your customers to be unhappy, angry or distrusting you ... very bad for business.

Familiar Lunatic

wreaks_havoc
ATA was so long, I gave up about half way through. ...
This could help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces