Welcome to Gaia! ::

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Yes, yes, I'm fairly new to ZOMG and thus a lowly level 6ish in the Old Aquaduct.

My question is this; is there a place or point where the Prede-Pups stop or don't spawn? When I go into the trees they seem to be mob after mob until I'm dazed no matter where I go, how I approach or how well I fight. If I last a long, long time, there's simply more of them waiting. Is this area meant for a player to just run in and out of, not stay and explore at all?

I know some mobs will ignore you if you're high enough level, but I've got to be 6ish to do the quests in this zone so that isn't an option here.

My rings are solar ray, mantis, hack (I can swap in slash), bandage, keen eye, iron will (I can swap in rock armor), divinity and Teflon spray. Keen eye is 3.5 (newer ring) but the rest, including swap ins, are 6.5.

boichiro's Senpai

Vicious Cutesmasher

As far as I can remember, the only safe places where Prede-Pups don't respawn (under the assumption that they have yet to see you) is behind the architecture where you enter/exit from Gold Beach or Bass'ken Lake, the screen with Concerned Citizen, and the screen with Hive Portal. Other than those areas, it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll encounter packs.

PS: I can help you in your quests if you'd like.

Valheita's Princess

Witty Noob

18,250 Points
    • Object of Affection 150
    • V-Day 2011 Event 100
    • Love Machine 150
    When I was working on my badge for the P3s, I liked staying at the bottom right burrow. The pups spawn above the burrow, so if I stood in the bottom right corner of the screen, they wouldn't attack me until I was ready for them (That's what I did when I had to go get food or someone was talking to me or whatever). Also, if you kill the one that talks before he can leave the screen, you can stop him from going to bring over his friends, which gives you more time to recover if you need to.

But yeah, the aqueduct isn't easy to run through without ending up with 59854985 things following you, haha

Beloved Elder

Sir_Catherine
    My rings are solar ray, mantis, hack (I can swap in slash), bandage, keen eye, iron will (I can swap in rock armor), divinity and Teflon spray. Keen eye is 3.5 (newer ring) but the rest, including swap ins, are 6.5.
    Iron won't help you much in OA. I'd certainly swap it for Rock, and keep both Rock and Div fully raged.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
    • Battle: Knight 100
    • Survivor 150
    • Tested Practitioner 250
    Thank you everyone.

1) for not dismissing me question

2) for confirming iron will isn't much help here (I will swap it out for rock armor)

3) for the offer of quest help

4) for confirming it isn't just all in my head that these things swarm without end

I'll keep your offer in mind, Whale Child, than you.

I'll try the hive portal screen and the bottom right burrow.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff