Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitors

+1 1 100.0% [ 100 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 > >>

Popular Friend

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome!

Hello Everyone! The Guide's purpose is to instruct people on how to Speed-farm Yellow Maze. Which is one of the 5 Instances of Dead Mans Shadow!
If you are seeking to gain as much Information as you can on this thread, it is mandatory to read everything!
_____

This is probably the fastest method I know of, completing 1 Room, under 1:30 Minutes!
The Guide will highly benefit people above 11.4cl, who farm Yellow Maze for Shorbs in order to finish their Recipes. Or for people that want to level up from 11.4cl!

NOTE: These runs were done with all crew members using amps.

_____

NOTE: The Guide is still under-construction! You might find spelling errors...
I'm still waiting on Zzyli to Double-check the Format and Spelling,,,etc

_____

If you have any Burning Questions, please post them here! I will be happy to answer them and post them answered in the FAQ! (See post 6)

_____

If you would like to learn more about Dead Mans Shadow itself, please visit the Guide that Zzyli made Here!

Popular Friend

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Contents!

Post 1: Introduction
Post 2: Contents
Post 3: Rules
Post 4: Ring-sets, Roles and Tactics
Post 5: Experiments... (Coming Soon)
Post 6: FAQ
Post 7: Acknowledgments

_____

Popular Friend

Rules!

- Follow the ToS
- Don't quote the 1st-7th Post!
- No TROLLING! (With the exception of Terror!)

- Have fun! YOLO c:
- And lastly... <3 the thread! What's better than a good reputation?

_____

Popular Friend

Ring-sets, Roles and Tactics!

This is the part of the Guide that we will get down and get dirty!

_____

First, I will explain the Roles, Tactics and then the Rings!

_____

Roles:

For the best possible result, it is important for your crew to have a tank! It guarantees that your crew will have more total Attack rings. It will also insure you and everyone's health!
But the only problem is,,, finding someone willing and good enough to do the job of tanking!

Other than Tanking, you need 5 other attackers. 2 carrying their own assigned Debuff!

_____

Tactics:

The Tactics are very Simple, and straightforward.

: Healing Rings - Nobody should bring Healing rings, apart from the Tank!

: CC - There is zero tolerance to CC (Crowd Control) If everyone in the crew, makes it past the 11.3-11.4 cap!
So, in short, don't bring CCs! They won't really help that much, it will just take up another spot where an attack should be placed.

: Meat - It is also important, that nobody apart from the tank, should bring Meat.
Since you all are going to be 11.4, your health would stand at 1400hp (Without Meat)
For someone who is 11.4, it is an exceptional amount of Health. It occasionally, at the worst, will drop almost by half.
I'm sure that your tank should be trusted enough to keep the Aggro, thus providing hardly any damage towards the Attackers.

The Tank will depend on Meat, since they will be hit regally.

: Debuffs - it is important to debuff all monsters, in the firing range.
Also, while attacking Night-frights and Big-Dogs, keep them debuffed on r4, as frequent as possible!

: Amps - It's important to keep the majority of the crew on Amps. It gets everything done much faster, and the work of the tank is more ensuring!

: Resetting the Yellows - Time and Rooms will fly by very quickly, if you come by using this Crew-Set (See section below)
This is why, after finishing 15+ Rooms in Yellow Maze (Which would only take about 20-30mins)
Other than going by, loop-by-loop, trying to find individual rooms, with monsters still in them.
It would save time, if your whole crew dies and nulls on the last monster of an occupied room!

_____

Rings and Ring-sets:

These rings below are set out so they benefit for Speed, Health and Statima.
The spaces that are not filled in. Are legitimately there for a purpose. Those are for buffs.
The Tank, like usual, should carry 1 buff, while the rest should carry 2.

Tank:

User Image

: There should only be 1 Tank.

: The tank should carry Integ! Unless they were a naughty Boy/Girl like me, whole farmed 10+ Rings last year. Or didn't receive the Integrity ring! They should compensate Integrity with FF and Fitness.

: Tank carries 1 Buff, you should already know that...

: That leaves a possible 1-2 spot/s left for Rings.
I would certainly suggest Attack Rings; Hack and Solar

Attackers:

User Image

: There should only be 5 Attackers (Including people listed as Debuffers)

: I insist all Attackers to Bring; Hack, Mantis, Slash, Bump. These rings have the Highest DPS rates.

: Attackers shouldn't have Meat.

: All Attackers and Debuffers must carry 2 Passives (Out of FF, Fitness and Integ)

: All Attackers and Debuffers must bring 2 Buffs.

Debuffers

User Image

User Image

: Only 1 person can carry each of these Ring-sets above! This means that there is 1 person carrying Knife and 1 person carrying Adrenaline.

: The 2 Debuffers must swap out Bump for their assigned Debuff.

: All Attackers and Debuffers must carry 2 Passives (Out of FF, Fitness and Integ)

: All Attackers and Debuffers must bring 2 Buffs.

: All Debuffers, like Attackers, must not carry Meat.

_____

Popular Friend

Experiments!

To be continued...

Popular Friend

FAQ - Frequently asked Questions!

Q 1: I saw that you think everyone should have amps up.
I know that can cause aggro to the individual. Is that based off relying that the tank can keep the aggro regardless? c:

A: Since the Tanker is using Healing-Rings, it will contribute Aggro-points towards the enemies Aggro-list!
Meaning that the Aggro has to rely on themselves to hold the Aggro.

_____

Q 2: Buttt,,,, I don't know how to use Bump!

A: Bump may look hard to use to you. Because not that many people use it, hence the probability that you haven't used it before - It's very simple and easy to use!
It's 3rd on the Top DPS scale. It's a necessity to bring, if you have space for 4 Attack-rings.

Using Bump will cause knock-back, knock-back is probably the part that your not familiar about!

Using r1 Bump is perfect! It doesn't cause to much know-back, but just enough for the monster to move a little across the screen (The monster will be dead at-least, before is actually goes to far)

Instead of using r4 Bump, it would be logically idea for you to use r4 Hack. Since Hack is the highest DPS Ring!

Popular Friend

Acknowledgments!

Verda - For making the Guide in the first place rolleyes

Kutai - For supplying screenies of the Ring-sets! Thanks Kutai emotion_c8

Zzyli - For helping me with the technical terms of making this Guide, and committed her time to Proof-reading and double checking my Typos and Mistakes! whee

Skully and Poy - For introducing me to some of these Tactics! emotion_hug

_____

Popular Friend

Popular Friend

Popular Friend

Popular Friend

Popular Friend

Popular Friend

Popular Friend

Popular Friend

Quick Reply

Submit