Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pup

Without zOMG I feel loss in the gaian world....
It was the main activity I did on here.. I was a 12.0 and never got attuned...
All those amps I had...
All the friends I made, all the gaians I helped level up and understand zOMG...
ALL GONE crying crying

Distinct Seeker

12,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
IIx R e d xII
Without zOMG I feel loss in the gaian world....
It was the main activity I did on here.. I was a 12.0 and never got attuned...
All those amps I had...
All the friends I made, all the gaians I helped level up and understand zOMG...
ALL GONE crying crying

I had a ton of amps too, but I'm pretty sure none of my friends on z! would ever want to waste time on Towns 2 just to hang out. It's why we had Skype groups;;
We all knew that they would bring it down eventually, and washing their hands with that announcement was just sad; it was like seeing a bloodied man with a gun in his hands, and a corpse next to him and saying ' I didn't do it. '
Zomg! was the only place in gaia where i really could talk to people, it wasnt some board where you

have to play message tag, i loved the interaction, when i talked to people i knew they were there, and

nothing was more satisfying than tagging along with random people until the shyness wore off and you

could start really talking to them heart heart heart

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I've known for a while that zOMG! would eventually have to come down. I just figured they'd let it be and continue to ignore it so that it might have lived on to close with the rest of the site. I'm glad they didn't just keep ignoring it, though. It deserved so much more than the slow, undignified death Mike Sego subjected it to by appropriating the people and resources he wanted for developing Facebook games and disposing of anyone he didn't need by handing out pink slips. If there's one good thing that I'd say came from the new CEO's direction, it was Gaia finally coming around to take a dying game off life support, at the very least.

I'll always feel like something is missing now that it's gone, and I'll never forget it or experience anything quite like it ever again. That doesn't mean I get to be angry at Gaia for making the best possible decision for it they could have, or that I should sink into denial and insist they killed it with the worst of intentions when it could have been saved. It also doesn't mean I have to leave the site. I'll just continue to make my peace with losing it until I'm ready to move on, and then go back to what I had been doing on Gaia before it happened - dickering around in the Barton Town roleplaying forum, most likely.

Divine Mage

14,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
last i heard it is down for maintaince it will be back i do not think that they would jsut up and remove it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff