Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elder

Look we're all nursing the "zOMG is done" wound but don't take cheap shots at JK's career and line of work. He probably didn't part with zOMG easily either, executive decisions arn't always made with much intelligence or keen to what the masses want. It was a decision driven by a marketing team which has only one goal of sell, sell, sell and that is all it does.

I've said it once I'll say it again, in Spring Cleaning 2012 make a suggestion called "Hire a Dev Team for zOMG." and for the details of what this entails make sure the request is simply as the title implies so they can't go "Oh you wanted a dev team to fix one problem?" which lets them totally gank us.
Dino-Ash
Miss Saidie
Once again, I looove how everyone is sitting here thinking I'm saying it's being taken off the site completely. And I have read swarf's posts.

Maybe someone should learn to rephrase the things they say, yes?
Then you wouldn't have others and myself bothering you about spreading false information and you could go on your merry little way down gloom street. 3nodding

Where have I spread false info? They are stopping the project. No continuing. They MIGHT come back to it someday, but that is highly unlikely. Am I incorrect? :/
curtneko
Miss Saidie
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Miss Saidie
Not gonna happen. It's lagging because they are doing last time updates and then they are scrapping it. They aren't going to update it or work on it or add to it ever again, in favor of a cheap facebook copycat replacement.
When you're done being so condescending and negative, we'll be here. :3

Alright, put up the blinders, I don't really care one way or another. I'm reporting what I've read in posts by the people working on zOMG themselves, but whatever.

JK said zOMG is in maintenance mode. This means the game will not be receiving updates in the mean time (while still having the possibility of being worked on in the future), but will still exist playable on the site. This includes server cycles, which will still be done when required. However, server cycles are not automatic and thus we must wait for them to be done. The game is not being scrapped as far as we know, so stop jumping to conclusions. There's always the possibility, but don't state it as anything more than speculation until it's confirmed. You're either misinformed or do not know the definition of "scrapped".

Once again. Misunderstood what I was saying. Never said it was being taken off the site. And scrapped can mean more than "to throw away." :/ but I've given up on even trying to use the word 'scrapped'... oh my god. Sorry I ever used it. (sarcasm not directed at you)

Let me correct myself. I KNOW the game isn't being taken down. x_x ugh...

Perfect Saint

Miss Saidie
Dino-Ash
Miss Saidie
Once again, I looove how everyone is sitting here thinking I'm saying it's being taken off the site completely. And I have read swarf's posts.

Maybe someone should learn to rephrase the things they say, yes?
Then you wouldn't have others and myself bothering you about spreading false information and you could go on your merry little way down gloom street. 3nodding

Where have I spread false info? They are stopping the project. No continuing. They MIGHT come back to it someday, but that is highly unlikely. Am I incorrect? :/

The phrasing where you used the word scrapped in this thread as well as your own. It can be construed as getting rid of just like how Gaia scrapped VJ and Cinema (no longer in the site) as opposed to just halting its updates. As you mentioned, it's two different things and you had used confusing terms thus generating the reactions from several people.
Getting Unicorns
Miss Saidie
Dino-Ash
Miss Saidie
Alright, put up the blinders, I don't really care one way or another. I'm reporting what I've read in posts by the people working on zOMG themselves, but whatever.

Mind sharing those quotes then?
May i suggest you preferably read a few of the things Swarf has posted.
He seems to think it's not going any where.. Do you know more about the game's future than he does? rolleyes

Go here and continue with your day. Next time try looking for credible sources, before looking like a fool.

Read it. Even quoted it. Love how you think I mean to say they are taking the game down completely.

Shameless Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Miss Saidie

Hm, did I not say that wouldn't be happening if you rephrased the way you said things?
When someone says they're going to scrap something, they're USUALLY referring to throwing it away.
Thus, explaining the reactions you're getting from so many people.

Monochrome lolli's Significant Otter

Predestined Noob

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Tza Cow
User Image

^ That.

Aged Nerd

18,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Nerd 50
Gummy Bunnies
Tza Cow
User Image

^ That.

No animals are harmed in making this .gif
MoOoOo

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
Miss Saidie
Not gonna happen. It's lagging because they are doing last time updates and then they are scrapping it. They aren't going to update it or work on it or add to it ever again, in favor of a cheap facebook copycat replacement.

I agree with the whole idea of ''cheap facebook copycat''... Facebook has SOOOOOO many games and MMO's that am sure they could use sombody else not JK.... gonk scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff