Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
Hello!

This is my secound forum for my weapon ideas for Chapter 2 of zOMG! [though, just an FYI, I am in Basken Lake, and wtf, that is its name, bassken lake, but Gaia stars it out xD]

This forum is for the specified information for rings.

I owe my thanks to these great minds:

Sakiawana
Red Kutai

This forum is the original, with the RING SETS

I used:
z!f Guide to Rings and Ghi
Complete Maps, Rings, Monsters, Items and more!

Please enjoy, comment, and do give me a comment that I can work with! biggrin

5,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
Whew, I managed to finish editing the rings mentioned in PSYCH Ring Set!
[Tell me what you think, this was hard for me...but well I did it mrgreen ]
Here it is:

-BoneCrusher [Red Kutai's suggestion]

Range: Long
Stamina Cost: 5-6
Coolodown: 5 Secounds

Damage is calculated through this:

Health*2.0[affected by RR]=Damage

For RR1, ring consumes a random amount of HP between 90-110 [200]
For RR2, ring consumes a random amount of HP between 80-120 [300]
For RR3, ring consumes a random amount of HP between 65-135 [400]
For RR4, ring consumes a random amount of HP between 50-150 [600]

RR1-> Multiplier is 2.0
RR2-> Mulltiplier is 3.0
RR3-> Multiplier is 4.0
RR4-> Multiplier is 6.0

-MusclePower

Range: Only Self
Stamina Cost: 7
Duration: 5 Minutes
Cooldown: 10 Minutes

RR 1-> Plus 10% Damage + 15% More Damage from Enemy Attacks
RR 2-> Plus 15% Damage + 17% More Damage from Enemy Attacks
RR 3-> Plus 20% Damage + 20% More Damage from Enemy Attacks
RR 4-> Plus 30% Damage + 25% More Damage from Enemy Attacks

-MadLuck

Range: Only Self
Stamina Cost: 17
Duration: [Depends on RR]
Cooldown: 5 Minutes

RR 1-> Nullifies Attacks + Attacks heal 25% of enemy attacks + Ally healings cause 5%
RR 2-> Nullifies Attacks + Attacks heal 30% of enemy attacks + Ally healings cause 7%
RR 3-> Nullifies Attacks + Attacks heal 40% of enemy attacks + Ally healings cause 10%
RR 4-> Nullifies Attacks + Attacks heal 50% of enemy attacks + Ally healings cause 15%

EDIT 1:

Aaaand DemiGod Set is done too! 3nodding

-Sacrefice

Range: Short
Stamina: 11
Cooldown: 7 Minutes

RR 1 -> Revives ally with 50% of Original Health+First 5 Rings unlocked+You get Dazed
RR 2 -> Revives ally with 60% of Original Health+First 6 Rings unlocked+You get Dazed
RR 3 -> Revives ally with 80% of Original Health+First 7 Rings unlocked+You get Dazed
RR 4 -> Revives ally with 100% of Original Health+First 8 Rings unlocked+You get Dazed

Or

Range: Point Black
Stamina: 11
Cooldown: 3 [or 5 can't decide] Minutes

RR 1 -> Heals 25% of Health of Surronding Allies + You get Dazed
RR 2 -> Heals 40% of Health of Surronding Allies + You get Dazed
RR 3 -> Heals 55% of Health of Surronding Allies + You get Dazed
RR 4 -> Heals 60% of Health of Surronding Allies + You get Dazed

-Sacred Protection

Range:Self and Allies
Stamina:11
Duration: 5 Minutes
Cooldown: 10 Minutes

RR 1 -> 15% Protection [20% If Healing/Buffing Allies]
RR 2 -> 20% Protection [25% If Healing/Buffing Allies]
RR 3 -> 20% Protection [30% If Healing/Buffing Allies]+ 30% Chance to Reflect Damage*0.5
RR 4 -> 25% Protection [35% If Healing/Buffing Allies]+ 35% Chance to Reflect Damage*0.5

EDIT 2:

I eats your brain! Finished Undead Set

Freak

Range: Point Blank
Stamina: 7
Duration: Minimum 10 secounds, Varies with RR
Cooldown: 10 secounds

RR 1 -> Fear [10-15s]
RR 2 -> Fear [15-17s]
RR 3 -> Fear [15-17s] + Panic for 3 secounds [Does little damage to target’s surronding allies]
RR 4 -> Fear [15-17s] + Panic for 5 secounds [Does little damage to target’s surronding allies]

Rotten Fist

Range: Moderate
Stamina: 8
Cooldown: 5 Secounds

RR 1 -> 90-155 Damage + Decreases Rage Meter by a little
RR 2 -> 155-200 Damage + Decreases Rage Meter by a little
RR 3 -> 200-285 Damage + Poison for 3 Secounds + Decreases Rage Meter by a little
RR 4 -> 285- 350 Damage + Posion for 5 Secounds + Decreases Rage Meter by a little

5,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
-Reserved-

5,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
-Reserved-

Benevolent Codger

I'm glad to see you trying to balance these, but it seems you may have... Overbalanced some.

BoneCrusher
For the Stamina and Cooldown this costs, plus the HP cost to the user, did you realise that this was doing less damage than Hack?
Your BoneCrusher
Range: Extreme
Stamina Cost: 15
Cooldown: 5 seconds

RR1-> User loses 10-25 HP, 20-50 Damage (35 Damage)
RR2-> User loses 25-50 HP, 62-125 Damage (93 Damage)
RR3-> User loses 50-75 HP, 150-225 Damage (187 Damage)
RR4-> User loses 75-100 HP, 262-350 Damage (306 Damage)

The stamina cost is much higher (4 or 5 times), the Cooldown is a bit longer, and you're losing Health as you use it; yet, its damage is awful at RR1 (it deals less on average than Adrenaline, and that's not even an attack ring), it's less than half as strong as Hack at RR2, barely over half at RR3, and doing about 60% of Hack's damage at RR4. I think there are a couple of reasons for that: Firstly, you're simply not taking enough HP. The stats given for the rings are based on a CL 10.0 version; at RR1, this ring is only taking (at most) 2.5% of the user's HP (a CL 10.0 character has 1000 base HP). At most, at RR4, it's taking 10%. The similar ring I designed recently simply took 10% of the user's HP from each attack; the damage wasn't based on the HP lost, though, so I can see why you want the randomisation. Secondly, the damage multiplier isn't high enough. For all the costs of this ring, the maximum damage you can deal is 350, less than the minimum RR4 Hack deals. So, suggestions:

1.) Realistically, I'd reduce the Stamina Cost. 15 Stamina is more than any other ring, and this one isn't doing enough to justify the cost. Perhaps a Stamina Cost of 5-6, and maintaining the Cooldown at 5 seconds.
2.) Increase the HP taken. I'd let it average out around 100 each time (keep in mind, this'll scale down with lower CLs), possibly 90-110 at RR1, 80-120 at RR2, 65-135 at RR3, and 50-150 at RR4. This allows it to do more damage at higher Rage Ranks (by raising the maximum), while also sometimes being more efficient (lowering the minimum).
3.) Increase the multipliers, on average: something like 2x at RR1, 3x at RR2, 4x at RR3, and 6x at RR4. This would put the average damages in the way of 200, 300, 400, and 600, respectively; considerably better than Hack, but balanced by the higher Stamina Cost, Cooldown, and HP cost.
4.) I'd change the range to Long, personally. Putting it at Extreme range makes it feel like the primary focus is range, when it shouldn't be. I feel the ring warrants some range, in exchange for the HP (if you're losing HP this readily, you don't exactly want to be in Melee range), but I don't want that range to detract from the concept.
Revised BoneCrusher
Range: Long
Stamina Cost: 5-6
Cooldown: 5 seconds

RR1-> User loses 90-110 HP, 180-220 Damage (200 Damage)
RR2-> User loses 80-120 HP, 240-360 Damage (300 Damage)
RR3-> User loses 65-135 HP, 260-540 Damage (400 Damage)
RR4-> User loses 50-150 HP, 300-900 Damage (600 Damage)
In this version the Damage-per-Second actually equals Hack, but in exchange for the HP Cost the range seems fair.

MusclePower
This one is interesting, but we don't have much of a precedent for it, so there's not much to compare to. There aren't any other damage buffs in the game (unless you count Keen Aye's increase to Critical Hit chance), nor are there any negative Armor bonuses (which is essentially what this is). Rather than a static numerical increase, though, you might consider a percentage based one; statistically, this version favours fast rings, that makes as many attacks (and thus stack as many of this static bonus) as possible. Making it a percent-wise increase makes it affect all rings more equally. Like I said, though; we don't have much in the way of a precedent, so there's not an awful lot I can say. sweatdrop

MadLuck
This seems awfully underpowered, as well. Assuming that what you mean when you say it heals the damage an enemy is dealing is that it prevents that much damage, then you gain that much HP, there really isn't a use for this kind of ability. Absorbing 5% of the damage you're dealt would be the same as simply preventing 10%; the 5% the absorption prevented, plus the 5% it healed.

Unless, perhaps, you're saying that it prevents 100% of the damage, and you merely gain 5% of what would have been dealt as HP. In which case, it's still very similar to Turtle (in fact, even more similar to the old, glitched Turtle), and the anti-healing effect is still largely irrelevant. Again, it's got a very high Stamina Cost (higher than any ring in the game right now), but I don't know if it justifies it completely outshining Turtle. Also, Turtle's Cooldown has been changed to 3 minutes (or will be, once the update goes through), and a 15 minute Cooldown is simply unreasonable. In order for a ring like this to be balanced, its costs would have to stay higher than Turtle's, which already has the highest costs (in terms of Stamina and Cooldown) in the game.

Sacrifice
Comparing this with Defibrillate, I see no reason why someone would want to use it. The healing is worse (Defibrillate heals 30% at RR1), and this dazes you, meaning someone else has to use Defibrillate on you. neutral In addition, the Cooldown is 10 times as long and the Stamina Cost (which, admittedly, wouldn't prove too relevant since you're dazed, and only using it every 10 minutes) is higher. In order for an awakening ring with an additional cost like this to be good, you'd have to make it better than Defibrillate in just about every other way. Suggestions:

1.) Make it an Area-of-Effect; one simple way to distinguish it from Defibrillate is to make it do something Defibrillate can't; awakening multiple allies is one good example. With the self-dazing cost in-place, you're always trading one dazed user for another, unless you're able to un-daze multiple people.
2.) Make it heal more. I'd say at RR1, at least 50% HP and Stamina. You could do 60% at RR2, 80% at RR3, and 100% at RR4. If you're dazing yourself, you want it to be worthwhile.
3.) Unlock more rings. In essence, you're locking all 8 of your own rings in order to unlock... 3 of theirs? I'd start with 5 at RR1, 6 at RR2, 7 at RR3, and make RR4 a perfect heal. Again, you're dazing yourself, and you want it to be worthwhile.
4.) Reduce the Cooldown... Some. You may want to keep the Stamina Cost high, just to keep it from being used as a panic-button, but any Cooldown that long simply makes it a wasted ring slot far too much of the time. Due to the nature of the ring, the potential for abuse is pretty low (the user will always be dazed afterwards, and the methods of undazing someone are a little limited. Perhaps it could pose an issue with the Revive Powerup, though). Even a 1 minute Cooldown, like Defibrillate, probably would be acceptable, but if you'd rather a 3 minute one (like the new Turtle), I think it's understandable.

Sacred Protection
Based on the Duration and Cooldown, two party members would be able to keep a party covered with this buff (at RR4) constantly. Spending the extra ring slot would be more than worth the enormous 55% Reflection it grants, not to mention the very strong Armor. This one is a little overpowered. In fact, I'm not sure where you could go with this ring that doesn't really crowd Improbability Sphere, a well-balanced ring. If you want to focus on Reflection, I would shorten the duration a lot (to the order of seconds), to make it something of a single attack Reflection effect. If you want to focus on Armor, take a look at the other Armor rings that exist, and try to fit it somewhere unique.

These are still good ideas, and once you get a feel for the common numbers I think you'll have an easier time balancing your rings. Keep at it, though; your ideas are worthwhile... 3nodding

5,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
Red Kutai

I'm glad to see you trying to balance these, but it seems you may have... Overbalanced some.

sweatdrop I hope I don't cause problems for you. I did some editing/balancing the rings. wink
Quote:
Rotten Fist

Range: Moderate
Stamina: 8
Cooldown: 5 Secounds

RR 1 -> 90-155 Damage + Decreases Rage Meter by a little
RR 2 -> 155-200 Damage + Decreases Rage Meter by a little
RR 3 -> 200-285 Damage + Poison for 3 Secounds + Decreases Rage Meter by a little
RR 4 -> 285- 350 Damage + Posion for 5 Secounds + Decreases Rage Meter by a little

Okay, I'm guessing by "Decreases Rage Meter" you mean that it removes some of the rage you have (as opposed to shrinking your rage meter until eventually you have no rage, or something else complicated like that). I'm not sure how well that would work. I mean, for rr4, you've already decreased your rage meter all the way, just naturally. You could also just affect rage by making the ring only do reasonable stuff at higher rages (so that it just always costs more rage than other rings, since you have to use the rage for it), or make it not give you any rage (maybe make a self only buff for that idea separate - some benefit of doing more damage, but all buffs/healing/attacks will simply give no rage, so you're forced to use them all at rr1... but that's irrelevant to this).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff