Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
genius idea!
the only things that might need to change are stamina cost- maybe lower it down to 19 instead of 25, maybe?
and also the name. maybe something like "We're Identical!"

Fashionable Nerd

want art?
User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

An interesting idea.
What's better than one Soubi? o3 o Two friggin' Soubi's, obviously. As if I couldn't
get enough of myself before. *Q*

But eh. I believe there are bigger fish to fry at the moment.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
oilr43
A Random Act of Terror
inspired by this ring:
http://zomg.wikia.com/wiki/Ring:_Buddy_Call

Ring: Summon Twin

Target: Self (or 1 ally)

Cooldown: 10 minutes

Congratulations, you have mastered the art of projection! This ring allows you to call forth a duplicate of yourself to assist you in battle.

Duration: 15 seconds, 20 seconds, 25 seconds, 30 seconds (with the potential to boost your accuracy to the equivalent of RR2 keen eye, lasts 10 minutes) [for RR1-RR4 respectively)

Stamina cost: 25

this ring idea just came to me because i the ring posted in another thread. ill elaborate more on it tomorrow, the allergy medication i took is making me incoherent (i edited this post 7 times before posting)
maybe at higher rage ranks it could create more but they stay in battle for a lesser time? and maybe instead of a projection, it would be you plucking a hair from your head and putting it into a dna thing and thus creating a clone?

i think 2 is enough, because if you figure everyone in your crew is using this ring, thats an additional 6 members, at higher rage ranks, that could potentially bring forth 12-16 total additional players attacking animated (depending on if its 2 or 3 extra copies)

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Quintafeira12
I'll elaborate! Creates a copy of yourself - and you spend twice as much stamina to use attacks, but you attack twice as well and take twice as much damage!

Obviously no twhat she had in mind, but is is a fact, we don't have a Berserk Ring yet!

no, it would be a free ride, which is why it costs so much stamina and the potential for a penalty ninja

Tsakushi2
DracusRex
i like it, i hope that they all make their own gold.

That definitely would be something to consider if they made this ring a reality. if the gold you get from the death should be upped, due to there technically being more people fighting on the monster, or if they would simply keep it at if it's all the same one user then "no dice". i'd be more then willing to bet the later but it would sure be nice to dream that they would up the gold drop for it! haha!

well, we gotta watch how much gold it puts into the system there ninja
they don't provide any additional gold related benefits, except for killing the animated faster

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Sabin le Rose
I think it sound very very broken and would help break the game even more.

Unless the new you would have some kind of animated script and stats to keep up the balance.

the ring would have the potential to nerf you (in one of three...maybe more) ways.

i toyed with the idea of not allowing the ring to use buffs (so it can't give you your buffs at the cost of no stamina should they run out)

stats should stay the same as you are the moment you copy yourself, i see no harm in creating a *blank state* clone

ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
genius idea!
the only things that might need to change are stamina cost- maybe lower it down to 19 instead of 25, maybe?
and also the name. maybe something like "We're Identical!"

problem is, this ring on its own is pretty OP, we need a way to make sure that it isn't too game breaking. 25 stamina forces you to not wait as well as making sure you can recover.

Benevolent Codger

How are so many people formulating opinions on this, at this point? There's nothing there! gonk

I think the idea of summoning a duplicate (or duplicates) of yourself is interesting, but I'd very much like to see what you expect it to do. Does it attack when you attack? Does it attack independent of you? Is it just a puppet to soak up damage? There are lots of technical possibilities for a "Summon Twin" Ring, but I'll give you one hint; no matter how good it is, a 30 second duration with a 10 minute Cooldown will prove unusable. When you propose a Ring with costs that high, try pushing the power of the effect down so that the costs are reasonable.

Personally, I think it'd be resonant for the Ring to simply cost half your current Health and Stamina; it reflects the division between the user and the 'clone' rather well, though it may certainly prove hard-to-balance (depending on its effect). Which is, I suppose, why I was curious what you were intending it to do. sweatdrop

If it's attacking with you, it would be self-limited by the high initial Stamina cost - the most Stamina you could start with is 50, which you would burn through pretty quickly (particularly if you're trying to make good use of your 'clone'). Presumably, the 'clone' would initiate attacks of the same type as yours, whenever you do, utilising your stats. You very well could have higher Rage Ranks increase the number of 'clones' generated; costing additional Stamina and Health to match the split (i.e. 66% to make two 'clones', 75% to make three 'clones', and 80% to make four 'clones'). Alternatively (and possibly technically safer; the potential for 3, 4, or 5 simultaneous attacks lagging or breaking the game is higher than from just 2), you could simply have the effectiveness of the 'clone' increase with Rage (dealing 30% of your damage at RR1, 50% at RR2, etc.), and maintain the same costs.

If it's just a damage puppet, the Health cost becomes more relevant than the Stamina cost - since it determines how much damage the 'clone' takes before it breaks. The Ring would pass your Aggro onto the clone, and higher Rage Ranks would produce "sturdier" (Persistent Armor-bearing) clones. While there's not a whole lot of use for it currently, the main benefit would be in allowing it to 'soak up' debuffs or Crowd Control effects (which it would be, in essence, immune to). Personally, this version has a lot more of that 'build around me' appeal that I (personally) enjoy, but it's also got a slightly narrower usage.

But, still, it's important to find out what you were imagining when you proposed the idea. I suppose we can wait for you to get back and elaborate... sweatdrop

EDIT: You updated in the midst of my post. That's what I get for being unbearably slow, eh? gonk

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Red Kutai

How are so many people formulating opinions on this, at this point? There's nothing there! gonk

I think the idea of summoning a duplicate (or duplicates) of yourself is interesting, but I'd very much like to see what you expect it to do. Does it attack when you attack? Does it attack independent of you? Is it just a puppet to soak up damage? There are lots of technical possibilities for a "Summon Twin" Ring, but I'll give you one hint; no matter how good it is, a 30 second duration with a 10 minute Cooldown will prove unusable. When you propose a Ring with costs that high, try pushing the power of the effect down so that the costs are reasonable.

Personally, I think it'd be resonant for the Ring to simply cost half your current Health and Stamina; it reflects the division between the user and the 'clone' rather well, though it may certainly prove hard-to-balance (depending on its effect). Which is, I suppose, why I was curious what you were intending it to do. sweatdrop

If it's attacking with you, it would be self-limited by the high initial Stamina cost - the most Stamina you could start with is 50, which you would burn through pretty quickly (particularly if you're trying to make good use of your 'clone'). Presumably, the 'clone' would initiate attacks of the same type as yours, whenever you do, utilising your stats. You very well could have higher Rage Ranks increase the number of 'clones' generated; costing additional Stamina and Health to match the split (i.e. 66% to make two 'clones', 75% to make three 'clones', and 80% to make four 'clones'). Alternatively (and possibly technically safer; the potential for 3, 4, or 5 simultaneous attacks lagging or breaking the game is higher than from just 2), you could simply have the effectiveness of the 'clone' increase with Rage (dealing 30% of your damage at RR1, 50% at RR2, etc.), and maintain the same costs.

If it's just a damage puppet, the Health cost becomes more relevant than the Stamina cost - since it determines how much damage the 'clone' takes before it breaks. The Ring would pass your Aggro onto the clone, and higher Rage Ranks would produce "sturdier" (Persistent Armor-bearing) clones. While there's not a whole lot of use for it currently, the main benefit would be in allowing it to 'soak up' debuffs or Crowd Control effects (which it would be, in essence, immune to). Personally, this version has a lot more of that 'build around me' appeal that I (personally) enjoy, but it's also got a slightly narrower usage.

But, still, it's important to find out what you were imagining when you proposed the idea. I suppose we can wait for you to get back and elaborate... sweatdrop

EDIT: You updated in the midst of my post. That's what I get for being unbearably slow, eh? gonk

well, you did raise several points i still missed.

i may have to rethink the cool down, i don't want the ring to be as useless as turtle is now sweatdrop

maybe halving the cool down to 5 minutes and raising the durations by 10-15 seconds could help.

and the clone should be able to attack as long as it detects that you are attacking (so, if there is a 7-10 second gap between your last attack, it would stop. it would be too OP to let the ring attack for you, but then if you run out of stamina, it can still assist you)

and to go more in depth, it has your HP/stamina set up as soon as it is cloned (excluding the 25 cost to stamina), so if it gets killed before the duration is up, it simply disappears.

i think that having its damage potential would work out better as well (the 30%, 50%, etc)

and i don't think it should cut your HP by half (that would hurt you a lot if your a CL1 with 100HP and you suddenly go down to 50 while being attacked because you thought you could take on all of VG)

maybe increase the penalty from -100HP to -250HP (for a CL10.0, it would scale down...i should probably have mentioned my stats were based on a CL10.0 with minimum ghi)

Benevolent Codger

A Random Act of Terror
Red Kutai

well, you did raise several points i still missed.

i may have to rethink the cool down, i don't want the ring to be as useless as turtle is now sweatdrop

maybe halving the cool down to 5 minutes and raising the durations by 10-15 seconds could help.

and the clone should be able to attack as long as it detects that you are attacking (so, if there is a 7-10 second gap between your last attack, it would stop. it would be too OP to let the ring attack for you, but then if you run out of stamina, it can still assist you)

and to go more in depth, it has your HP/stamina set up as soon as it is cloned (excluding the 25 cost to stamina), so if it gets killed before the duration is up, it simply disappears.

i think that having its damage potential would work out better as well (the 30%, 50%, etc)

and i don't think it should cut your HP by half (that would hurt you a lot if your a CL1 with 100HP and you suddenly go down to 50 while being attacked because you thought you could take on all of VG)

maybe increase the penalty from -100HP to -250HP (for a CL10.0, it would scale down...i should probably have mentioned my stats were based on a CL10.0 with minimum ghi)

Okay, so you're assuming that the clone attacks independently of the creator, that it has its own unique tag on Hate lists (the only way that enemies could choose to attack it or you), and that it maintains its own Health and Stamina... So, you're not just appearing to make a clone, you're actually making a new player. To be honest, it sounds considerably more complex than is necessary to capture the flavour of a clone. sweatdrop

As a note, though, half your health is half your health; you'll notice that damage scales throughout the game, so half your health in the Village Greens is no more frightening than half your health in Shallow Seas. In fact, since the Greens are actually designed for players with fewer Rings, it's probably less troublesome there than it would be elsewhere (excluding, of course, the fact that enemies in the Greens don't generally necessitate the extra damage).

Anyhow, while I think it might be strictly possible to make the Ring you're suggesting (though, again, it would be potentially complicated to do so), I don't personally see a lot of appeal in it. Naturally, of course, others may disagree... sweatdrop

Romantic Pyromaniac

9,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Good Job. Makes me want to update my rings thread ^^;
Since zOMG doesn't have the resources to make new rings we're out of luck.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Red Kutai

Okay, so you're assuming that the clone attacks independently of the creator, that it has its own unique tag on Hate lists (the only way that enemies could choose to attack it or you), and that it maintains its own Health and Stamina... So, you're not just appearing to make a clone, you're actually making a new player. To be honest, it sounds considerably more complex than is necessary to capture the flavour of a clone. sweatdrop

As a note, though, half your health is half your health; you'll notice that damage scales throughout the game, so half your health in the Village Greens is no more frightening than half your health in Shallow Seas. In fact, since the Greens are actually designed for players with fewer Rings, it's probably less troublesome there than it would be elsewhere (excluding, of course, the fact that enemies in the Greens don't generally necessitate the extra damage).

Anyhow, while I think it might be strictly possible to make the Ring you're suggesting (though, again, it would be potentially complicated to do so), I don't personally see a lot of appeal in it. Naturally, of course, others may disagree... sweatdrop

it does seem pretty complicated to design. maybe we could see a simplified version in chapter 2?

and while that part about VG compared to say sealab is true, there are some (and maybe more we can't predict) circumstances where half your HP/stamina seems like too much gonk

Direcrit

meh, i don't want to say we are out of luck just yet. after all, moga and the buddies could help should they prove successful ninja

Romantic Pyromaniac

9,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
A Random Act of Terror

Direcrit

meh, i don't want to say we are out of luck just yet. after all, moga and the buddies could help should they prove successful ninja

How could moga prove useful to zOMG? The buddies may be useful at some point (if the passive buffs are implemented), but they still dont affect whether we get new rings or not.

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

I don't like the "Double Gold" effect.

We've asked for a power up that would do it! We were all over it with our "TAKE ALL OUR MONEY!" faces. It was a huge idea among the ones to monetize zOMG!

And they said "No."

Plain as that. "No. We aren't going to make such a thing."

Tried arguing it. Tried make it come up once in a while.

Later, again, when an answer finally comes, they just said "No." again... and made buddies instead.

That's my answer. I won't even bother reasoning why a ring capable of doubling the gold you get is a bad idea.

I'll just say "No."

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Direcrit
A Random Act of Terror

Direcrit

How could moga prove useful to zOMG? The buddies may be useful at some point (if the passive buffs are implemented), but they still dont affect whether we get new rings or not.

moga items for zOMG!

sketchy, but it could work

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Quintafeira12
I don't like the "Double Gold" effect.

We've asked for a power up that would do it! We were all over it with our "TAKE ALL OUR MONEY!" faces. It was a huge idea among the ones to monetize zOMG!

And they said "No."

Plain as that. "No. We aren't going to make such a thing."

Tried arguing it. Tried make it come up once in a while.

Later, again, when an answer finally comes, they just said "No." again... and made buddies instead.

That's my answer. I won't even bother reasoning why a ring capable of doubling the gold you get is a bad idea.

I'll just say "No."

i have to agree, i am far against the idea of a double gold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff