Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia on iPad

Ipad gaia 1 100.0% [ 33 ]
Total Votes:[ 33 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Benevolent Codger

ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
not sure what you thought i meant...but i was saying if they found any of the old threads i was talking about, not to necro them sweatdrop

Ah, my apologies; I did have a bit of trouble following the train-of-thought, there. Seeing the line breaks, I thought the two were distinct thoughts - I can see now how they may not have been... redface
UNSUB
zOMG's been shelved; meaning: no more updates. An app is unlikely to be made.

ITs actually far from being shelved as they are doiing durem, buccaneer boardwalk and many other things

Kullani's Wife

Married Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
Skull Maximum Drive
zOMG! on the Ipad !?
I'll have to replace the ipad every few weeks or so emotion_awesome too much tapping and sliding xd
lol it be fun lol

Kullani's Wife

Married Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
I understand but if there's a way there's will lol if I got the term right but I'm pretty sure Gaia can give it a rethink. Like there buisness would go up and more ppl would come on new comers joining. How many of you know some friends don't get on anymore? If Gaia made an app they can carry there little iPod or I pads around and Kuching there's your ratings . Does anyone under stand me where I'm going with this? Lol I mean Gaia would be richer in money and ratings lol

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

zOMG has a Flash front end client. iPad/iPod/iPhone will NEVER support Flash natively. There are work arounds, but you can google those yourself. (Adobe is no longer supporting mobile Flash for Android, either.)
Gaia would need to put together a team to rewrite zOMG into Objective-C in order for it to be an App. Seeing as I don't have experience with scripting Flash, I don't have a good estimate for how difficult that would be/how long it would take. I also don't know how easily the art assets could translate between. Additionally, in my opinion at least, a simple port is not enough: they would need to redesign the UI and input methods for a touch interface.

As for how much money they would make from such a thing, I'm a bit dubious. Sure, you could convert power-ups into in-app purchases, but if the app isn't hugely popular would it recoup the cost of creating it?

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
User Imagehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWxGYbipZNY

<3's from your local Titor.
Angela the witch
UNSUB
zOMG's been shelved; meaning: no more updates. An app is unlikely to be made.

ITs actually far from being shelved as they are doiing durem, buccaneer boardwalk and many other things
Yeah? Where did you hear that?

Has anything changed? Countless threads, even those from the admins of Gaia, tell a different tale.
A sample of the threads.

8,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I would love ZOMG for the iPad. When in play zomg I mostly use the cursor anyway. I click on something my character moves I click on the rings for an action and click on the enemies to attack them. Why not use my fingers? I think it would be fun the size of fingers shouldnt be much of a problem probably every ring be the size of a thumb I imagine. The chat may be a problem but I imagine a nicely portioned space for chat and the GPS. Think of it like a bento. On the left GPS and chat and the right of course play area and bottom of play area rings just rings. Since it iPad not need for the gps button and chat button for it will already be available I hope. The space just for the rings and settings and of course that one bag to check rings and other ring section but which that holds power ups. This is my opinion on how the app should be yes, it probably has flaws but hey ZOMG on my iPad that's pretty awesome by itself, I'm actually typing this on my iPad. Portability...playing ZOMG on long sometimes boring road trips, yelling becuse i have a disfunctunal crew on the go? Awesome ;3

Codebreaking Poster

oziy
I would love ZOMG for the iPad. When in play zomg I mostly use the cursor anyway. I click on something my character moves I click on the rings for an action and click on the enemies to attack them. Why not use my fingers? I think it would be fun the size of fingers shouldnt be much of a problem probably every ring be the size of a thumb I imagine. The chat may be a problem but I imagine a nicely portioned space for chat and the GPS. Think of it like a bento. On the left GPS and chat and the right of course play area and bottom of play area rings just rings. Since it iPad not need for the gps button and chat button for it will already be available I hope. The space just for the rings and settings and of course that one bag to check rings and other ring section but which that holds power ups. This is my opinion on how the app should be yes, it probably has flaws but hey ZOMG on my iPad that's pretty awesome by itself, I'm actually typing this on my iPad. Portability...playing ZOMG on long sometimes boring road trips, yelling becuse i have a disfunctunal crew on the go? Awesome ;3

Necro'er emotion_facepalm
Many People may think you can't use Gaia on iPod but there is one way not saying its cheap intact it's prity expensive you only really need java and this took me days to find but a app cald cloud browse might work for like ten min at a time unless you want to pay 10 to 100$ extra but I won't do that the app it's self costs 3$ so if your really desperate there is a way.( it is under java in the apple app store) sweatdrop
I just wanted to take the time to say that it is possible to play ZOMG and surf Gaia without needing an actual app. I'm doing it right now, on my iPad 2. I bought photon flashplayer browser and it allows me to do everything I could do with my laptop, including ZOMG.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
TheCellistsGirl
I just wanted to take the time to say that it is possible to play ZOMG and surf Gaia without needing an actual app. I'm doing it right now, on my iPad 2. I bought photon flashplayer browser and it allows me to do everything I could do with my laptop, including ZOMG.

Regardless, this thread has been dead for 4 months.

IRL Cat

people actually buy ipads expecting to be able to play computer games on them?

rofl
NO. zOMG for the iPod Shuffle!

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
this is exactly the kind of s**t that happens

when nobody listens to me emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items