Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like it if gaiaonline gave you compensation for your items in ZoMG!?

Yes 0.78947368421053 78.9% [ 15 ]
No 0.15789473684211 15.8% [ 3 ]
I don't care 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Stop talking about ZoMG 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 19 ]

Unforgiving Lunatic

6,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • PvP 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
So maybe since Zomg! isn't around anymore (which is awful I hate it) Gaiaonline should compensate it's players.
I am just saying there is a ton of stuff in my inventory that is no utterly useless so I feel as though it's only fair that there should be a gold compensation or a special release item.
I know maybe im just belly aching over nothing but it's really frustrating when there is nothing being done for those who played and now can't.

It wouldn't even be as big of an issue if gaia had approached it differently after Zomg went down. if there was some sort of "Here we're so sorry we ******** up have some gold or this item."

But gaia didn't do that they just said "Sorry I know you guys love this game buuuuuut you can't play anymore.... soooo yeaaaaahhhh...." >.>

I mean World of Warcraft after the server were DDoSed on launch of warlords gave players a week worth of free game time for compensation because players couldn't effectively play it...
Kind of a nice guy move, frustrating at the time when everyone was trying to level but my point is they did think about the player base at that time and did give back in some way...

So why can't gaia?

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Hycix
So why can't gaia?

Because their business plan centers around making money by putting forth as little effort as humanly possible.

Unforgiving Lunatic

6,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • PvP 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
ryry Kenny_McGroot ryry
Hycix
So why can't gaia?

Because their business plan centers around making money by putting forth as little effort as humanly possible.

It's bull, I mean I played Gaia way back when they gave so much to the community... It's sad

Expansionist's Significant Otter

Green Fairy

They should refund the cash we paid for zOMG! items that we can't use anymore. It would be really nice if they kept their promise and figured out a way for us to be able to use stuff like rings and summons.

I don't need compensation for all the time I spent earning items in zOMG! though. I did put in time, but I had fun doing it and that is really all the compensation I need for all the drops that will be useless because I can't earn any more recipe drops.

I feel bad for the people who truly believed that zOMG! would be coming back after the "maintanence shutdown" and bought powerups to prepare for it's return. I still have power ups that I haven't used too. It is probably going to take a long time for the admins to figure out how to refund GC.

Unforgiving Lunatic

6,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • PvP 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
ForestGreen
They should refund the cash we paid for zOMG! items that we can't use anymore. It would be really nice if they kept their promise and figured out a way for us to be able to use stuff like rings and summons.

I don't need compensation for all the time I spent earning items in zOMG! though. I did put in time, but I had fun doing it and that is really all the compensation I need for all the drops that will be useless because I can't earn any more recipe drops.

I feel bad for the people who truly believed that zOMG! would be coming back after the "maintanence shutdown" and bought powerups to prepare for it's return. I still have power ups that I haven't used too. It is probably going to take a long time for the admins to figure out how to refund GC.

Is there a refund policy? People should be able to contact customer support unless they have a no refund policy... which I have no idea about.

Green Fairy

Hycix
ForestGreen

Is there a refund policy? People should be able to contact customer support unless they have a no refund policy... which I have no idea about.

I don't think Gaia knows how to give refunds.

Unforgiving Lunatic

6,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • PvP 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
ForestGreen
Hycix
ForestGreen

Well that's not very nice...

Fatcat

Gaia's way of compensating us was making us a free Marshall doll and then forgetting about the other ideas that we were told they were working on.

Raider

8,750 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
(I just want the game back ;_; and what can we do to Ghi' Boosts? Barely used them but now they are useless. And i'm not gonna unbind my rings u.u i'm questing the Sugar and the Sweet to have all but they're so expensive x.x)

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
Hycix
So maybe since Zomg! isn't around anymore (which is awful I hate it) Gaiaonline should compensate it's players.

Maybe but that would certainly entail that they gave a s**t?
Hycix
I am just saying there is a ton of stuff in my inventory that is so utterly useless so I feel as though it's only fair that there should be a gold compensation or a special release item.

Unfortunately all we got was the lame Marshal chibi, oh and here we will even UN-soulbind your now useless rings! Now don't you feel all compensated? No?
Hycix
I know maybe im just belly aching over nothing but it's really frustrating when there is nothing being done for those who played and now can't.

It's only Belly aching if it's pointless.
This is not a case of pointless complaining about something nebulous, rather it is a grievance over gross mismanagement.
When Gaia collectively realized that it couldn't or more to the point WOULDN'T put forth the capital and resources to grow ZOMG into what it should have become, they should have had the decency to shut it down then.
Because they did not, whatever the reasons, their continuously allowing the game to run in an increasing state of disrepair only held out a false promise that some day they would fix it.
But i digress.
Hycix
It wouldn't even be as big of an issue if gaia had approached it differently after Zomg went down. if there was some sort of "Here we're so sorry we ******** up have some gold or this item."

But, but they gave us a Marshal doll! HAVE YOU NO SOUL? (This is sarcasm btw.)
Hycix
But gaia didn't do that they just said "Sorry I know you guys love this game buuuuuut you can't play anymore.... soooo yeaaaaahhhh...." >.>
"

Sigh, can't think of a comment for this one as you effectively nail it.
Hycix
I mean World of Warcraft after the server were DDoSed on launch of warlords gave players a week worth of free game time for compensation because players couldn't effectively play it...
Kind of a nice guy move, frustrating at the time when everyone was trying to level but my point is they did think about the player base at that time and did give back in some way...
So why can't gaia?
"

Gaia interactive isn't Blizzard. Well, unless you count the numerous snow jobs they have fostered upon their user base. biggrin
Not leaping to their defense here but put very simply, they relatively no longer have a pot to piss in.
Gaia used to dance with big name sponsors like Coke and Pepsi. Now days the place is more like a click farm. this is not the signs of a healthy company.
I could be wrong but i don't think i am.

Sorry to have stretched this out but personally its nice sometimes to respond to someone that's at least as angered by the loss of zomg as i am.
Not that its going to do any of us a bit of good.
The real shame here is that Gaia didn't see that the future of this site was zomg.
Perhaps not the game in an of itself but in the level of interaction that it allowed and certainly what might have grown out of it.
they however seem to be content to slowly dwindle back to the level of a dress doll game with a forum tacked on.
That's my two cents and thank you for stating yours. heart

Unforgiving Lunatic

6,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • PvP 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Belinda Aster
Hycix

Maybe but that would certainly entail that they gave a s**t?
Hycix
I am just saying there is a ton of stuff in my inventory that is so utterly useless so I feel as though it's only fair that there should be a gold compensation or a special release item.

Unfortunately all we got was the lame Marshal chibi, oh and here we will even UN-soulbind your now useless rings! Now don't you feel all compensated? No?
Hycix

It's only Belly aching if it's pointless.
This is not a case of pointless complaining about something nebulous, rather it is a grievance over gross mismanagement.
When Gaia collectively realized that it couldn't or more to the point WOULDN'T put forth the capital and resources to grow ZOMG into what it should have become, they should have had the decency to shut it down then.
Because they did not, whatever the reasons, their continuously allowing the game to run in an increasing state of disrepair only held out a false promise that some day they would fix it.
But i digress.
Hycix

But, but they gave us a Marshal doll! HAVE YOU NO SOUL? (This is sarcasm btw.)
Hycix
"

Sigh, can't think of a comment for this one as you effectively nail it.
Hycix
So why can't gaia?
"

Gaia interactive isn't Blizzard. Well, unless you count the numerous snow jobs they have fostered upon their user base. biggrin
Not leaping to their defense here but put very simply, they relatively no longer have a pot to piss in.
Gaia used to dance with big name sponsors like Coke and Pepsi. Now days the place is more like a click farm. this is not the signs of a healthy company.
I could be wrong but i don't think i am.

Sorry to have stretched this out but personally its nice sometimes to respond to someone that's at least as angered by the loss of zomg as i am.
Not that its going to do any of us a bit of good.
The real shame here is that Gaia didn't see that the future of this site was zomg.
Perhaps not the game in an of itself but in the level of interaction that it allowed and certainly what might have grown out of it.
they however seem to be content to slowly dwindle back to the level of a dress doll game with a forum tacked on.
That's my two cents and thank you for stating yours. heart

This post didn't bother me at all.
I am angry, I'm angry gaia didn't listen to the users.
I'm angry because all we got was a little something for all the time and effort that the community put into the game.
I'm sad. I'm being blunt I am sad.

And you are right Gaiaonline is not blizzard, but it was a generally good opposite comparison.

I love gaiaonline, zomg was going to be the next foot in the door for this company and I feel let down because they didn't strive harder to make it better.

It's nice to know someone else is upset like me.

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

Thet haven't finished decidng what they're going to do with our items though.

Edit: I know I say that like they're ever going to decide.

Green Fairy

Hycix
ForestGreen
Hycix
ForestGreen

Well that's not very nice...

You are right, it's not very nice. The way Gaia has treated the people who love zOMG! over the years has not been very nice either. You can take a look at this thread for details.

What I meant though is that I don't think it's in the site coding to give mass refunds for purchased items. They have a sell back feature, but that isn't what will be called for in this case.

Mythical Shapeshifter

14,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
ForestGreen

No they really don't. I submitted a ticket for not receiving my G.C that I payed for.
They told me to contact the bank to remove the hold.
1) I used a gift card
2) The bank said that they can't refund a transaction that was already confirmed and that Gaia had my money
3) The reps for the said ticket then have refused to return any more correspondence about the incident.

Smdh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces