Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Warlord

Note: This is not the Petition. For the Petition,
Make Clicky on the Link!

Who are the majority of the moronic questions in the MMO forum from?
"n00bs"

Now, let's take a look at the anatomy of a "n00b"
What makes this user so identifiable as a "n00b"?
User Image
Now then... what do we notice?
As you can see, atleast 80% of a "n00b" is consistent of Quest Items.

Now... how many of these item's quests involved reading something, then answering questions about what you just read?
Naruto... Tsuba... Blue Dragon... Pirates of the Caribbean...
The list goes on.

By-golly-gee-whiz.

Now, what have we learned so far?
1) n00bs ask dumb questions, since they don't read.
2) n00bs love quest items.
3) Most quests involve reading, learning, and answering question.

See where I'm going with this? pirate

It would be rather easy to release a "MMO Quest", were people have to read the Battle Website, thereby answering their own questions, along with the ones you need to get an item.
Also, the MMO gains even more hype.

Two stones with one bird.

Great Quest item to be given out, too; the Garlic Plushie. It was already in the comic.

Just an idea, hoping for some input, and hoping someone higher-up sees it.
Won't fix the problem entirely, but it'll help.
A lot.

Qixter
Dang good idea. I've sent emails about the concept already. I'll see if it gets traction and try to keep the idea moving.

Ryuketsu Ren's Husband

Hilarious Bloodsucker

5,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

User Image

User Image
dude perfect idea not only can the n00bs get there quest item the "omgz wen da ting c** 0ut" threads will cut out-maybe-

User Image

I rate this thread:

Stroke of Genius/10
I agree with MG. This thread is indeed a stroke of genius.

Hopefully, this will get some Gaians thinking about their past noobish actions, and try to redeem themselves, if they read it. Now where's the thumbs up smilie...?

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Ilkie the idea- it is similar to the New User Quest, and the rest of us cna use it to test our understanding of what we learned-plus we get a plushie.

For me, it's the 'N00b attitude" not their newness that bothers me, . The attitude seems to be tha everyone has to drop everything to explain something to you since you're new and that you don;t have to gahter any resources or observe what's going on around you. Especially if some say they're "to0 lazy' to read the stickies.
While i can understand how a newly arrived person would want to ask someone with more experience how things work around there, they should also avail themselves of other resources such as the stickies- these are analogous to textbooks on the matters at hand. While I'm often glad to mentor people, I get annoyed at those who say "lol im new' as if that made them incapable of discovering things on their own or doing research. Also, in some cases and cultures asking lots of questions is considered rude, and you're expected to learn by observing.

Distinct Member

This leads me to a question, do noobs even bother comprehending or remembering anything they read on quests?

Besides that I think this is a magnificent idea.

Wheezing Warlord

xd I was expecting "STFU and GTFO" from everybody.
Glad you like it.

Dolad
I agree with MG. This thread is indeed a stroke of genius.

Hopefully, this will get some Gaians thinking about their past noobish actions, and try to redeem themselves, if they read it. Now where's the thumbs up smilie...?

Hey... never thought of that.
That might help get the idea out.
Thanks. sweatdrop

Wheezing Warlord

Purplesnoopy
Ilkie the idea- it is similar to the New User Quest, and the rest of us cna use it to test our understanding of what we learned-plus we get a plushie.

For me, it's the 'N00b attitude" not their newness that bothers me, . The attitude seems to be tha everyone has to drop everything to explain something to you since you're new and that you don;t have to gahter any resources or observe what's going on around you. Especially if some say they're "to0 lazy' to read the stickies.
While i can understand how a newly arrived person would want to ask someone with more experience how things work around there, they should also avail themselves of other resources such as the stickies- these are analogous to textbooks on the matters at hand. While I'm often glad to mentor people, I get annoyed at those who say "lol im new' as if that made them incapable of discovering things on their own or doing research. Also, in some cases and cultures asking lots of questions is considered rude, and you're expected to learn by observing.

Din Whispers
This leads me to a question, do noobs even bother comprehending or remembering anything they read on quests?

Heyy, it's not an absolute cure for n00bitis,
but with any luck, it'll atleast help.
Din Whispers

woohoo! someone finally couldnt take it! i hope the admin pe0ple DO see this...
Fetch me a brown paper bag - I feel hyperventilation a-coming.

It's a really great idea; shuts up noobs, gives us stuff, and the overall I/Q of the Battle Forum gets a little higher. Plus it's easily doable - we see it done on a regular basis. Gaia admins, get a sword, this man deserves to be knighted!

Wheezing Warlord

Perhaps...
I sense something Petition appropriate?
THIS IDEA IS ******** BRILL
SykoCaster
Perhaps...
I sense something Petition appropriate?

Indeed. I'd be the first to put my name on it.
I too would place my John Hancock on such a document.
this is almost as good as an idea as i ever heard but it would be cool if the quest was like a secret or found only in Q profile or something

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff