17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Silk Kanishk
rurouniseishi
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk

Or you could just impose stricter gun laws? Oh wait..I forgot. You Americans can't do without firearms. rolleyes

WHEN will you liberal minded folk LEARN?!?!?

That school HAD the toughest "gun law" it could ----NO GUNS. This simply meant that when this 20yr old mentally ill guy took his parents guns--he had NO ONE there to PROTECT the babies he callously, or delusionally killed.

"Strict gun laws" ONLY affect the law abiding.

Bolding and emphasizing that last statement of Aileeya's.

To make an example, Illinois was the last state to have a ban on conceal carry for weapons. Certainly hasn't stopped the murders that make the news in our city or elsewhere in the state. The gun laws here only prevented the law abiding citizens from being able to carry to protect themselves from threats.

America's solution to everything has always been "moar weapons". That's certainly helped your country's economy. xd

Most american's don't care what our government is doing as long as we still get our pizza here faster than the ambulance.

That's why we either get extremist right (Bush/McCain) or bleeding heart liberals.

as long as "muh way of life" is kept for he majority of the middle class, we'll merely discuss the problems of the world instead of doing something about it (like we are now wink )

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Rainbow Filled Nights
Is it just me or is everyone grumpy today.
omg no 1 spaek of the grumpy u brok rule mad emotion_donotwant stare

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Silk Kanishk
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk

Or you could just impose stricter gun laws? Oh wait..I forgot. You Americans can't do without firearms. rolleyes

That school HAD the toughest "gun law" it could ----NO GUNS. This simply meant that when this 20yr old mentally ill guy took his parents guns--he had NO ONE there to PROTECT the babies he callously, or delusionally killed.

You're assuming here the parents of the shooter weren't law abiding. o 3o

No. I'm SAYing that the shooter wasn't "law abiding". Silk--no guns are allowed on elementary school campuses--anywhere in this country. That didn't seem to faze him. xp

I_SlenderMan_I

"Welcome to reality and the life of humanity now just die you don't want to be growing up in times like these" - Victims of the flaws of humanity's morale.
It's easy as that just avoid life as we know it because everyone has issues that no one does anything about no matter how hard others are trying to fix it.

Darn....for a second there you started to make some sense and now you've devolved again.

The only people advocating these children "just die" are the folks like Harris and Klebold, Charles Roberts, Seung-Hui Cho (the VTech murderer) and now this Adam Lanza.....and you?

No thanks. I'd much rather stick with the logical opinion that inviting some kid's Grandfather, lately retired from protecting and serving his community for umpteen years to hang out near the office and/or the library just in case seems like a MUCH better idea.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Um guys, as important as this topic may be, there's an LD forum for that. sweatdrop We don't want to get the thread moved for spam and being way off topic.

And we don't need people getting angry at each other over such a really sad and tragic thing.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Dark Light Doom
So lowes doesnt want Dark.
Good ******** them.
I didnt want them either.
So back to mre job hunting.
Tomorrow.
After some sleep.
Hopefully not sleep plauged with ******** up dreams.

Anyone have suggestions on where i should apply?
Im like out of ideas.
Abd i have to have somthing by the end of the month or im ********.
Library page at libraries, lab assistant (washing glassware, cleaning up, etc.) at a school, work in a cafeteria and...that's all I have.

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
A Random Act of Terror

It's still not his mom's fault.

That lock box is the equivalent of stricter gun control.

It might stop a kid who understands rules and obeys them from breaking into them, but what's to say she had them in a safe, he grabs a knife or something, kills her, then breaks into the safe.

It's genuinely his fault. He may have been bullied (or whatever, I don't know) or whatever, but they were his actions.

Then again, I don't have all the info, and the first and last statement are based purely on my knowledge of how things went down (which appears to keep changing faster than I change my underwear...)

The safe's I've seen--no one's breaking into without damaging the guns themselves. Now, a gun cabinet on the other hand--yeah, that's not much deterrent...but even a locked drawer (say, where the amo is kept) would have taken some time for him to get into....he would have at least had to start the night before....but w/e---this broke down at at least two places---first, he murdered his mother and got full access to her weapons and ammunition--second--they let him into the school. Sandy Hook Elem. -just like my daughter's school has a locking mechanism on the door such that you have to be "buzzed in" to gain entry.

I can't think of any way to prevent people with plausible reasons from entering the school--what if he said he was looking for his Mom--who evidently substituted there---with an emergency message?

Things like this can't be utterly avoided...therefore, imho (or NOT so humble opinion) it's better instead of trying to avoid--to try to be able to take head on....but this has gone on long enough. I'd much rather smeb and try not to think of this for a while...it's been eating at me all day....and I can't imagine it won't be eating at me tomorrow--and I really need to focus on handling my daughter's reaction in as healthy a manner as possible...she's quite sensitive-and the same age as some of the victims.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Aileeya
A Random Act of Terror

It's still not his mom's fault.

That lock box is the equivalent of stricter gun control.

It might stop a kid who understands rules and obeys them from breaking into them, but what's to say she had them in a safe, he grabs a knife or something, kills her, then breaks into the safe.

It's genuinely his fault. He may have been bullied (or whatever, I don't know) or whatever, but they were his actions.

Then again, I don't have all the info, and the first and last statement are based purely on my knowledge of how things went down (which appears to keep changing faster than I change my underwear...)

The safe's I've seen--no one's breaking into without damaging the guns themselves. Now, a gun cabinet on the other hand--yeah, that's not much deterrent...but even a locked drawer (say, where the amo is kept) would have taken some time for him to get into....he would have at least had to start the night before....but w/e---this broke down at at least two places---first, he murdered his mother and got full access to her weapons and ammunition--second--they let him into the school. Sandy Hook Elem. -just like my daughter's school has a locking mechanism on the door such that you have to be "buzzed in" to gain entry.

I can't think of any way to prevent people with plausible reasons from entering the school--what if he said he was looking for his Mom--who evidently substituted there---with an emergency message?

Things like this can't be utterly avoided...therefore, imho (or NOT so humble opinion) it's better instead of trying to avoid--to try to be able to take head on....but this has gone on long enough. I'd much rather smeb and try not to think of this for a while...it's been eating at me all day....and I can't imagine it won't be eating at me tomorrow--and I really need to focus on handling my daughter's reaction in as healthy a manner as possible...she's quite sensitive-and the same age as some of the victims.

Da.

Politics riles terror up.

Especially people who use knee-jerk reactions instead of thinking calmly and logically sweatdrop
Not talking about anyone in this thread, there's another political discussion going on elsewhere in the universe o3o

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk

You're assuming here the parents of the shooter weren't law abiding. o 3o

No. I'm SAYing that the shooter wasn't "law abiding". Silk--no guns are allowed on elementary school campuses--anywhere in this country. That didn't seem to faze him. xp

Nope. The shooter was a regular citizen like anyone else. He wasn't a criminal with any history of violent crimes. The real problem here is that he had easy access to guns which was brought about by a very liberal gun control system. talk2hand

Pants

21,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
VKiera
Um guys, as important as this topic may be, there's an LD forum for that. sweatdrop We don't want to get the thread moved for spam and being way off topic.

And we don't need people getting angry at each other over such a really sad and tragic thing.

This.

Now please stop. Take any further discussions to PM.

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Silk Kanishk
Aileeya

Nope. The shooter was a regular citizen like anyone else. He wasn't a criminal with any history of violent crimes. The real problem here is that he had easy access to guns which was brought about by a very liberal gun control system. talk2hand

"Nope." ??? "The shooter was a regular citizen like anyone else. He wasn't a criminal with any history of violent crimes." --Ah, he was diagnosed as having a mood disorder--according to his brother, who also described him as autistic. That's not "a regular citizen like anyone else". He was also 20, which is precisely when many really really nasty mental illnesses seem to manifest....which is why I mentioned the possibility of him being delusional. He could very well have been suffering a psychotic break of some sort---but as I've tried to say already--I'd like to disengage now from this topic--please don't quote me again or other wise address this particular topic with me again--please.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk
Aileeya

"Nope." ??? "The shooter was a regular citizen like anyone else. He wasn't a criminal with any history of violent crimes." --Ah, he was diagnosed as having a mood disorder--according to his brother, who also described him as autistic. That's not "a regular citizen like anyone else". He was also 20, which is precisely when many really really nasty mental illnesses seem to manifest....which is why I mentioned the possibility of him being delusional. He could very well have been suffering a psychotic break of some sort---but as I've tried to say already--I'd like to disengage now from this topic--please don't quote me again or other wise address this particular topic with me again--please.

There's are milions of people with mental disorders. That doesn't make them criminals.
Silk Kanishk
Aileeya
Silk Kanishk
Aileeya

There's are milions of people with mental disorders. That doesn't make them criminals.

Some mental disorders improves a persons creativity or their intelligence.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
9goats
VKiera

This.

Now please stop. Take any further discussions to PM.

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Please do

Aileeya

Silk Kanishk

A Random Act of Terror

I_SlenderMan_I

Hi guys, as much as this is a serious and very tragic issue, this really isn't the appropriate venue to be discussing it. There are several other forums which would be a much better place to do so. I certainly think it's important to be able to express your views, but inside the Z!F isn't really the place to do so. I feel that further posts on the topic will result in a 24 hour (or thereabouts) lock-out from the thread.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...
Zzyli

Before I go away I must say this, you cannot stop the actions of human nature that exists in people no matter how seemingly a plan may work.
There will always be intense drama that can never meet closure.
*Cough*OriginalMLHThread*Cough*

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
I_SlenderMan_I

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Oh- I absolutely realise that I cannot stop people from behaving in the way which they choose to, regardless of the impact it has on others. Even within this tiny microcosm of Gaia which is a tiny place on the internet, I still can't stop you from acting as you choose.

There are consequences to people's actions however, and the things that you do attract consequences, ones which are positive, negative and neutral. I'm more than open to discussing this, or any of my actions with you or anyone else, via PM, which I feel is a far more appropriate venue for personal concerns than this thread.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff