Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Codger

It's worth noting that the use of ampersands as 'quotation marks' is identical to the format used in early Group 935 messages. It seems like a far-fetched coincidence.

On that note, from the above thread:
Quote:
"Alright, I started. Seposita, are you feeling alright?
Seposita, mind telling me who she was?
Sepo, please.
--She was my sister.
Good God, you still have a family?
--Well, not anymore.
That's news to me.
--Rather insensitive, you are.
Sorry, Seposita. But I have very little pity for you.
--Have you lost your heart?
Looks like the shoe's on the other foot.
--What do you want to ask me?
What's going on? All these things happening. You seem to be related to them in some way. I also found a note in your house that said something like 'I lose control'. What's wrong, Seposita?
Speak to me!
--I don't know. Tesla, I honestly don't know.
Don't give me that bullshit. You obviously know something.
--Fine. Tomorrow, I'll show you everything I know.
Oh? That was rather easy...
--Would you rather have me to *not* tell you anything?
No, no. Sorry, Seposita.
--Right, well I'll be with Charleznov.
Uhm...
--What?
Nothing. Forget it.
August 26
935"

I'm not certain if there's a connection, though... sweatdrop

EDIT: ruro's explanation is much better, though. My formatting recognition skills remain unchallenged, though... sweatdrop

Cheery Bear

24,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Since you mentioned Group ICE... I recall a large player in that was Seposita_Penculum whose signature says

Quote:
Searching for the truth.
How about you check my journal?

Guess what's there?

Quote:
4/26/2012
Today was the most interesting day at work.
We were studying the effect of music on animated. Nothing happened at first- you know what? Nothing happened. At least, nothing related to the study. But what was so interesting about today?

Well, after giving up on the experiment, my friend Columbus patted me on the back with a sad look on his face.
"What's the problem?" I asked him. He's usually happy. An experiment with no results is normal at ICE.
"None of my ideas work." Really? That's what made him sad? This man is acting as if he's new.
"It's an experiment..." that's when it happened. Enoch was running towards us yelling.
"Columbus! Columbus! Look at this!" We both turned our heads quickly and we saw his gloves had blood. 'What could he have been doing?' I thought to myself.

Enoch got to us, panting like crazy. "What is it? What have we discovered?!" said Columbus with his eyes full of cheer. That's the Columbus I know.
Enoch shook his head and gave us a dreadful look. He extended his arm and showed us a bloody shark tooth. "This was found in Jeanne's body. She's dead in your office, Columbus."
-I may seem like a monster to call this "interesting", but it really is, after all, this is my job. I'm not a scientist, I'm a detective-

Columbus had his mouth wide open. As for me? I quickly started walking to get in Columbus' office. When I got there, the door was locked. I looked around and everybody was just going about their business. "Did anybody hear anything weird?" I said loudly. Nobody responded, so I looked at the door for a short time and tried to open it again. Why did I do that? As if by some magic it would open.

Columbus and Enoch got there "It's locked." I said to them.
"Locked? But how?!" said Enoch
"Does it matter? Open up, Columbus!"
Columbus did just that. When we entered his office, there was just a pool of blood and a few shark teeth around the blood.
"What?! Her body was right there!" yelled Enoch. We were getting the attention of our fellow workers because I looked back and some people were looking in while trying to be subtle.
"Calm down." I said "Are you sure she was dead?"
Enoch nodded quickly "She had a multiple holes in her body and wasn't breathing!"
The windows were closed, and we were at a 6th story.
"Then we shall see where she is. Assuming she revived somehow." Obviously, somebody killed her, but with Columbus around...she was his assistant. They were good friends, too.
Columbus was silent all the time. The death of his assistant...in his office. VERY interesting.
"Enoch, tell Lancaster. I'll be check things around" I told him that and he quickly nodded and left the office. I put my hand on Columbus' shoulder and looked at him in the eyes. I couldn't say anything. I'm not very good at talking to people in strong emotions.

I got out of work today with a few things to do. A mysterious death in ICE...it's been many years since that has happened. My turn to find out who or what was behind it.

There's our 26th. sweatdrop

Rainbow Hunter

Lovely, so now we have a missing body?

Champion

Eww...anons giving junk items. talk2hand
Guys, it's just LJ6. No &.
When sending anons, some symbols or keys turn into &'s. When it's saying the note reads &...&
The &'s are just ". So the note reads "..."

So basically an example, with Mage's anon would really be:

Quote:
With the mask, there is a note. It's stained with...something green.
It reads:
"They've been ignoring me. The "Helpers" get scared for a few moments and forget about me. I need everyone to stop destroying them. It's a sisyphean task. You'll need to learn to coexist with them.
If you don't...well how about you go back to the events of the 26th? Do you want me to continue?
This mask was used that day.
29/4/2012
-LJ6"

I've had tons of experience with anons and quotes, trust me. ( bleh, mafia games. xP )

And at the anon: We weren't scared... Well at least I wasn't. Anons like this don't scare me because of the experience I had with them. And I wonder what it means by "stop destroying them" Are people aiming to attack us as in the Marshall's little helpers, or something else?

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
well that made the present I got make more sense, it was a shark tooth sword. Hum.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Hm, all of this looks to be really interesting. A dead body, which went missing. Shark teeth covered in blood. What makes it interesting is why I have a mask...

Rainbow Hunter

Brooklyn Rage Mage
Hm, all of this looks to be really interesting. A dead body, which went missing. Shark teeth covered in blood. What makes it interesting is why I have a mask...

Well, it says the mask was used on that day.
A mask can be used for two purposes:
to disguise oneself,
or to protect oneself from poison or infection (which plague doctor masks were used for originally).

So.. what do you think your mask was used for on the 26th?

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Memory Haunts You
Brooklyn Rage Mage

Well, it says the mask was used on that day.
A mask can be used for two purposes:
to disguise oneself,
or to protect oneself from poison or infection (which plague doctor masks were used for originally).

So.. what do you think your mask was used for on the 26th?
I'd think that it would be used for both purposes. One, if the assistant was killed on the 6th floor, and with absolutely no alerting anyone else to what happened, then it has to be someone who knew the assistant.

The other use would be that the assistant was drugged with most likely a poison that, while having a green-like color, would knock the victim unconscious, or paralyze their body. Which, from there, the (Assumed) Masked Assailant murdered her through some sort of weapon made from Shark's teeth. Or maybe someone had found a way to use rings to kill other Gaians, permenantly. Shark Attack, anyone?

Unforgiving Gaian

Memory Haunts You
Aside from that, that mask fits your avvie really well, Mage. 3nodding

Was about to say the same thing whee

Syn_Akuma's Wife

Aged Gaian

16,875 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Aleetheeuh
Well, on the 26th Gaia released May's Advanced Chance. Clue?
I doubt that'd be the case. Maybe I'm just over analyzing it. Oh well.

On another note, I'm already getting downvoted. emotion_awesome

Oooo -face palm- Good luck on your investigation. emotion_yatta
Wait, you people are getting messages along with gifts related to the events back at ICE?
Hm, could someone tell me what gifts they have received?

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Seposita_Penculum
Wait, you people are getting messages along with gifts related to the events back at ICE?
Hm, could someone tell me what gifts they have received?
I received Plague Doctor.

Malevolent Tycoon

Its wants your loving emotion_dowant

Sex Symbol

14,175 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage
[NPC] Rina
Hey there!

I've got a special gift for you!

Message: With the mask, there is a note. It's stained with...something green.
It reads:
&They've been ignoring me. The &Helpers& get scared for a few moments and forget about me. I need everyone to stop destroying them. It's a sisyphean task. You'll need to learn to coexist with them.
If you don't...well how about you go back to the events of the 26th? Do you want me to continue?
This mask was used that day.
29/4/2012
-LJ6&

Why don't you head over to your inventory and see what you got!

I received a Plague Doctor in the box. What interests me most about all of this is the date. Is there anything significant about the 26th?

Entirely unrelated but the Chernobyl accident happened in the 26th some odd 20 years ago.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff