Welcome to Gaia! ::

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
I don't want to sound mean or harsh, it's just what I've noticed lately. I'll get crew in to play SMEB, only to realize the leader who is CL 12.0 is uncertain on how to SMEB and even keeps asking us questions on what do to. I was just in a crew like that. The whole crew felt like they were all new to shallow sea.

And I'll quote the leader: "ok so is the new person gettin fleet along wit the other 2 or does some one only have one buff right now?"

Um...seriously? If you have DMS before shouldn't assigning buff rings be easy?

The whole team was also debating on which level we should choose to go into shallow sea cause leader was uncertain/wanted everyone to vote so he/she didn't had to decide.

Excuse me for a moment!!! I'm sorry, but didn't shallow sea came before DMS? Did you shallow sea once and stopped learning or practicing again?

I feel like too many people want to just go straight to CL 12.0 without learning how to shallow sea at all. Just my opinion.

I don't mind helping and teaching people how to play shallow sea, but only if you are not rude to me, or yell at me when I ask if you guys have done SMEB before.

Any opinions/comments/criticisms are welcomed. I like to hear from anyone that has experienced this before.
Are you going to take statistics seriously enough where you can judge them by that and give estimation on how actually good they perform?
Stats =/= Skills

Rogue

Well excuse me.....
I am cl 12 but I hardly do SMOB/SMEB
And my bf doesn't do SMOB/SMEB either
I am confident to say not all higher cl play SMOB/SMEB
Are you one of those people who skeptic about cl ?

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
I've done smeb before but I never form a run. You can call it specialty nowadays. Since dms is release and then later became public, TC/CL doesn't matter anymore.

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Sorry, but I am one of those people.
>w<
It's not because I haven't smebbed or smobbed, it's just that some people go with the flow and just do whatever the team leader asks of the crew.

It isn't easy to run a smeb/smob crew and I know this by experience. People put too much responsibility on the person and at that moment, EVERYONE'S a critic. If you can lead a smeb/smob crew better than the leader, maybe I would suggest making your crew. It's just that simple. Try to sympathize rather than criticizing.

Besides, if it's been a long time for someone who is a high level and does DMS very often, then leading is rather rusty.

Tenacious Sage

The issue is that we have a lot of new 12s running around and this generation for the most part is used to PS and SMOB. Very few I've talked to have done SMEB or vaguely remember it. It's a shame, but that's what it is. We should really have more SMEB crews XD

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Meguriuta
The issue is that we have a lot of new 12s running around and this generation for the most part is used to PS and SMOB. Very few I've talked to have done SMEB or vaguely remember it. It's a shame, but that's what it is. We should really have more SMEB crews XD

Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry I was sort of ranting. XD But it's good to hear both sides of this. I understand a bit more now. And I agree with you Meguriuta, the generations of players have changed for zOMG! Either many SMEB players have stopped playing this game or they moved on to DMS. IDK. But hey, as long as you have friends you can always play with them too. XD

Perfect Saint

I haven't done smeb in almost a year. I probably forgotten how. Besides, my smeb style is probably severely outdated.

Wheezing Phantom

17,900 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I get yelled at for still wanting to kill the clams does that count for being a noob or just a gold hungry noob?

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Im still a boy
I get yelled at for still wanting to kill the clams does that count for being a noob or just a gold hungry noob?

Its called you want to nerf and not do another run, the person who invented speed is so ******** dumb, smob/smeb was made to get gold fast and nerf, not to do alot of runs and then nerf

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Oh you think that's bad?
How about the lvl 10s who never even ATTEMPTED SS/EB?

+10 WORST if they don't have all the right rings
+11 WORST if the rings they do have are underlvl

Questionable Genius

I only do quick zomg runs with friends these days, so SMEB is the most I'll ever do.

We used to do 2-3 smeb runs a day back in summer 2011. It was fun doing the silly dress up raids. I miss it. :c

Rainbow Nerd

Assigning is not hard.
but SMOB/SMEB changed so MANY times during the years.

What you call SMEB, I call a rip off of sEB. When sEB was cancelled, thanks to Gaia, and couldn't be done anymore, I stopped SMEBing. Taking all those mobs of labtechs, lags my computer and I'm not risking killing THAT because of few k of gold.

On the other hand , when I do SMEB sometimes, OF COURSE I'm unsure what I should do. Assigning buffs is easy, yes, but it doesn't mean that all of GOOD players HAVE to play SMEB and keep up with all the changes.

Half of us don't really see it that profitable, other part says it's not challenging and another boring and waste of time.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I take 9cl+ smebbing sometimes. CL and TC doesn't matter to me. All they have to do is use stam, not boss my crew when I'm leading, and try their best to follow the crew. Attitudes make me kick people and idc who they are. They are mean, they are out. I even try to work around buffs sometimes. Hey if I have to carry 3 buffs just so someone can smeb, I'll do it. I think ever since the nerf occurred, people hardly do smeb anymore so it's good more people are trying to learn how to smeb. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but now of days people skip quests and level from ps then go directly to ss. I would strongly suggest everyone complete all quest simply because the storyline is so funny and playing multiple areas can help improve your gameplay. I even enjoy Hive. I wish people wouldn't suggest 8cls up to go ps for more rings. It isn't going to help them get better. It's better for them to do all quests and if needed do coliseum for ring drops. It's a good challenge for them there.

Friendly Friend

12,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Well....yeah I'm CL 12 and I don't know how to SMEB...and I didn't know how to SMOB like month ago.

Because when I used to play on gold beach, well...back in my times there was just EB or SS and I was really good at it. I was I really was good, I could even teach little levels how to play it but then I quit for a long time, then I was stuck with DMS and when I wanted to go back and try End boss one more time...It was confusing.

I didn't even know what SMEB or SMOB means, crew plan was totally new for me and it wasn't nothing like before. There are even new rules ( I have to kill some monsters before Queen, I have to kill Chief or something...I don't know anymore)

So yeah now I suck at this and even I play it again I still don't know what is going on in there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff