Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shapeshifter

(Soon editing this thread)

In hope you guys know what Hive is, I won't explain it.

If you are looking for a Hive crew, say your CL and server.
If you have a Hive crew or starting one, say CL, server and how many open spots.
I think whispering works for the best to get a crew, but quote if nothing else.

Making the crew can take awhile.
Random recrewting isn't usually the best option since then you might get people on your crew who quit in middle of the game.
Use your friends. Really, if you know anyone who plays zOMG! ask them to join.

Preferred CL would be 10, but in few cases lower CLs are welcome.

It's up to the leader how you do it, and what rings you should get. (Fire Rain and Heavy Water Balloon are quite nice in higher waves)
Choose your rings before going to Old Aqueduct.
Leave few empty slots for buff checks so you don't need to run to null all the time.
That goes to any buff assigns, be clever people.

Scaredy cat and meat are lifesavers. Superchargers are cool too after wave 70 >>

Hive does take a lot of time. Usually it ends if the crew decides to quit and kill themselves or just got far enough that they can't survive any longer. (Average time is around 2 hours for me. 50-70 waves)

Hive cap is CL 10. So even if you're higher leveled, you get suppressed.
User Image
By My LittIe Fairy

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I personally like doing the Hive, but like you said finding a crew >_< not easy, well a decent one anyways. OA is the deadest place in the game, not counting TT farmers, I go to Otami for that anways but eh. I go solo Hive sometimes, just for kicks and giggles. I'd really like to go agian, hardcore in a good crew, I need the last Hive badge still!

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I think the Aqueduct's main problem is that it's off to the side and easily skipped.

I would love to do a Hive run for fun but like you said, it's hard to find "good" willing crews.

On the bright side, AQ's lack of notice makes it the perfect spot for egg hunting! xd Last year I kept going to AQ because I would get the entire place to myself for an hour or so! Egg after egg after egg of WIN!

Shapeshifter

VKiera

I solo Hive too.. Just to get the kill badges.. x_x
I was thinking "Do I really need to make a friggin' thread like those sEB, SSblahblah recrewting threads, just to get a Hive crew?"
It sounds too much work for me, but I hope someone does that in the future. (:

xena91388

That leads to another question, why Aqueduct is so dead? Just because of it's location?
I did some quests yesterday there, and I got about 150g by finishing one repeat quest. You'll get only 20g if you finish a repeat quest in GB...

Haha, eggs are actually true. I found a lonely GE there once when we supposed to have a drought.. 8D

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
I don't really play Zomg that much anymore, but when I do its usually Papa Saw farming because that's what most of my friends do when they're on (and the gold drops help with my addiction to buying avi art xd ). or SS runs. I've popped onto boardwalk to check out the new area. But Hive....I've never been a huge fan of hive, its just not my cup of tea, but it can be enjoyable.

Shapeshifter

Nara_Neji_02

Nowadays people just play PS or any SS related things.. Or they have quit/ waiting for the new areas.. It's such a shame.
Though I can't say I'm different, I do PS for hours and nothing else.. :'d

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
0sako
That leads to another question, why Aqueduct is so dead? Just because of it's location?
I did some quests yesterday there, and I got about 150g by finishing one repeat quest. You'll get only 20g if you finish a repeat quest in GB...

Haha, eggs are actually true. I found a lonely GE there once when we supposed to have a drought.. 8D

I believe it is location. Think about it, the "safe" road goes straight from Barton to BB. To get to the Aqueduct requires facing the tough saws that tend to mob you. From what I've seen, most low CL people stick around to farm PS because it's quick and easy but once they reach CL 10 they just go straight on up too BB then GB.

Also, it's not that interestingly detailed in scenery. Compared to Otami, it's just plain bland and the other places have little extras like the hedgehogs in VG, the smiling trees and heart vines in BR, the lake monster in Bass'ken, etc...

As for GB, most people hang out there for the EB.

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
0sako
Nara_Neji_02

Nowadays people just play PS or any SS related things.. Or they have quit/ waiting for the new areas.. It's such a shame.
Though I can't say I'm different, I do PS for hours and nothing else.. :'d

Or they're currently waiting for the lag issue to be fixed. xd Due to snow, I called off work today, and was gonna go on Zomg, but the lag....oh well, it'll get fixed eventually. blaugh

Shapeshifter

xena91388

Sadly, that's the cruel truth..
When I wasn't CL10, I went to OA to finish all the quests and that's it. I wasn't there for long, maybe a day or so. Then I forgot the place for a long time..

When I was getting the kill badges yesterday, I noticed how boring that place was.. So much forest, not many "safe" places to sit around and that's pretty much it.
There isn't even many different animates to kill. Tiny Terrors and Predi-prairie Pups and their Leaders and Guards..
OA had a huge potential to be something bigger but sadly it's just what it is.. :'x

Nara_Neji_02

True.. But ignoring the lag, people would still only play PS and SSwhatever.. :'/
I was excited to play because I have a winter break now, but even I can't bear the lag forever..

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
0sako
xena91388

Sadly, that's the cruel truth..
When I wasn't CL10, I went to OA to finish all the quests and that's it. I wasn't there for long, maybe a day or so. Then I forgot the place for a long time..

When I was getting the kill badges yesterday, I noticed how boring that place was.. So much forest, not many "safe" places to sit around and that's pretty much it.
There isn't even many different animates to kill. Tiny Terrors and Predi-prairie Pups and their Leaders and Guards..
OA had a huge potential to be something bigger but sadly it's just what it is.. :'x

Nara_Neji_02

True.. But ignoring the lag, people would still only play PS and SSwhatever.. :'/
I was excited to play because I have a winter break now, but even I can't bear the lag forever..

Yes, I was going to taek advantage of my snow day, but I can't even get on . emo So I've been doing art of my newest OC instead. I really watned to do PS now- I would do the new boardwalk, but thats fun only if you have a crew (which I have trouble finding) and none of my friends or clan mates go there.....its just PS and SS.

Rainbow Nerd

0sako

Personally, I think it's Boring. I mean you stand in one place and wait for the aliens thingies XD to come and attack you. You practically don't move because it's one closed small area. And no real boss.

I mean, sure I get that some people like it, it's just not my cup of coffee. I like SS and heck... even DMP because you have to move there and wellXD move.

That's why I don't play it ^^

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I LOVE doing Hive, it's better than PS. I've had the 5000 saws badge forever and only have a few Hive badges.

But since it's so hard to find a crew for Hive, I never really try.

Catch-22.
Hive is mega boring and takes an hr just to start getting good....if they increased the animated in the beginning so you didnt stand there waiting for 5mins for 1 or two animated to spam, ppl be more interested in doing it

Shapeshifter

Gemenice

Well you don't move in PS much either... 8D
But I can understand that it's boring just to be in one place for hours..

Owlie

Now that many people have said that they can't find a crew for Hive, it makes me think. Have you ever try do anything to get a crew? Shout or recrewt or anything? Or have you just hoped inside that someone else does that for you? :'>

That's one reason why there isn't any crews because no-one makes them.

We Farm Gold

Of course Hive needs it's updates and all. But why care to update if no-one plays it? There it's risks and that's it. :'/
The waiting do sucks but if you do it with your friends or talkative crewmates, it's not so boring.
0sako
Gemenice

Well you don't move in PS much either... 8D
But I can understand that it's boring just to be in one place for hours..

Owlie

Now that many people have said that they can't find a crew for Hive, it makes me think. Have you ever try do anything to get a crew? Shout or recrewt or anything? Or have you just hoped inside that someone else does that for you? :'>

That's one reason why there isn't any crews because no-one makes them.

We Farm Gold

Of course Hive needs it's updates and all. But why care to update if no-one plays it? There it's risks and that's it. :'/
The waiting do sucks but if you do it with your friends or talkative crewmates, it's not so boring.

Very true but most of my friends are silent killers lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces