Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

Kurohito's Big List of Ring Ideas
Its like having the CostCo of jewlery stores!

Feedback is welcome smile

NOTHING I SAY IS OFFICIAL, IT IS JUST MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS.

Introduction

Well, yeah. Its my list of Ring Ideas. I guess when I heard that it was going to be a ring based system, I thrashed into my keyboard for about threee dyas, then realized that if you cant win, might as well see what you can do to make it interesting.

So thats how this thread was born.

Will it be updated reguarly?

Of course it will, as I decide to release more ideas on the lists will.

But what if they do not incorporate such and such things in the Battle system?

Most of my ideas are based on basic battle system physics and theory. Many of them are so old you can easily find them in Dragon Warrior, Nethack, Crawl, and older games.

Well, at the Panel they said this and this and this....

This means nothing to me. If at a Convention or a Panel they state that "oh there will be no knockback", I will not remove those ideas from the list.

What about Ring Sets for bonuses and combos?

When I have given all of my ideas for rings of a set, I will then post the bonus it will give. Likewise, if two rings will counteract one another, they will say so in their Special area.

So can we argue with people who disagree with the ring system in here?

Only if it is constructive and lacks the whole man hunt value.

Why do your ideas lack any deep details?!@?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?

K.I.S.S

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

Melee - Hand to Hand

Even though we are going to lack actual hand to hand items, rings will have to substitute for the classics. Hell, all they need to do is change the ring graphic in the box to a belt, and change the name to have a belt for melee. But then everyone would be upset.

Punch
    A standard punch by making one's four fingered hand into a knuckle surprise!
  • Rank Progression - Damage Increase

Backhand
    Stiffen the fingers, flick the wrist, and launch the arm!
  • Special - Increases the user's Accuracy Score for the attack by 5% only.
  • Rank Progression - Damage Increase, Increase of Accuracy by 5% per rank

Kick
    By throwing one's foot at the opponent, damage is dealt.

Spinning Kick
    Twirl like a ballerina, kick like a bee!
  • Special - Hits twice in a row

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

Melee - Standard Weapons

In order to have melee attacks in the game, there will need to be creative ideas on how to come across it. An all ranged attack game will result in people standing in the loading points of a map as they click on anything not another player that moves. No fun in that sadly. Thankfully, the Bug Catching in Towns requires you to be within x pixels of the target bug, so rest assured we will have some form of melee most likely.

Energy Slash
    Bringing forth a beam of energy, the user can make a slashing motion with their fist.

Energy Stab
    Bringing forth a beam of energy, the user can thrust the beam deep into a person, causing bleeding.
  • Special - Does melee damage as well as x amount of damage over x seconds.
  • Rank Progression - Damage Increase, amount of damage over time increases.

Magic Arrows
    Drawling the fist back, the user can unleash a hail of arrows at any opponents.
  • Special - Does ranged damage and hits once for each level of the ring.
  • Rank Progression - Damage Increase, # of hits increase.

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

Elemental Based

Based off of the good ole elements of nature and the life around us, these rings are the jack of all trades. Everything from healing, offensive, and support rings are in this area.

Offensive - Fire

Firey Touch
    By lighting one's hand ablaze, the user can deal fire damage with a normal attack.
  • Special - Deals normal attack damage, with an added fire damange percentage.
  • Rank Progression - Increase in added Fire %

Fire Ball
    Circled around in small arcs, the ring forms an enclosed ball of fire which is launched at the enemy.
  • Special - Ranged attack doing Fire damage

Devil's Tounge
    The ring extends a whip of pure flame, which is whipped onto the enemy. It clings to the foe, burning them over time.
  • Special - Melee weapon that burns an opponent over x seconds for y damage per second.
  • Rank Progression - Increase in burn time and damage.

Magma Trap
    When this ring is touching the ground, the user may make the ground under the enemy pop and sizzle, as it returns to a lava state.
  • Special - Melee attack, does fire damage and deals knockback.
  • Rank Progression - Damage increase and knockback chance increase.

Inner Fire: Courage
    Calling forth one's inner fire of courage, the user can expel a screaming fireball
  • Special - Ranged attack doing fire damage and knockback.
  • Rank Progression - Damage Increase and Knockback Chance Increase. At level 4 the ring also has a chance to stun for 2 seconds.

Offensive - Ice

Icicle Spikes
    The ring charges as the user's body temperature drops, forming icicle spikes along one's body.
  • Special - Deals damage to attacking units as the user is hit.

Snowball
    Similar to the Fire Ball, the Snowball launches a 0 celcius ball of compacted ice at an opponent, doing damage and the possibility to stun.
  • Special - Deals damage and stuns for x seconds.
  • Rank Progression - Damage Increase, Chance to Stun increase.

Ice Javelin
    The Ice Javelin is a long, slender chunk of ice that the ring fires at an opponent.
  • Special - Deals damage and lowers enemy evasion by x%
  • Rank Progression - Damage Increase, Increase to % of Evasion lost.

Frostbite
    The ring shoots forth a cone of snow, as the snow hits the target, causing it to go numb while suffering.
  • Special - Deals damage and reduces the target's movement speed.
  • Rank Progression - Damage Increase, Increase to % of speed lost.

Shimmer field
    The area around the user becomes deathly cold, as incoming water attacks turn to ice and are re-directed as Ice damage.
  • Special - Protects user from Water attacks, turning incoming Water attacks to Ice attacks. (Chance is %)
  • Rank Progression - Increase in % of change

Offensive - Electric

Shocker
    The ring glows a bright yellow and hums as the user's melee attacks give an extra jolt.
  • Special - Deals normal attack damage, with an added Electric damange percentage.
  • Rank Progression - Increase in added Ele %

Polarization
    The ring hits the target, causing Polarization to occur on the target.
  • Special - Increases effectiveness of Electric Attacks by %
  • Rank Progression - Increase in added Ele Increase %

Lightning Strike
    Firing a beam upwards, the ring causes a bolt of lightning to strike a random enemy on the screen. However, the user can also be hit.
  • Special - Electric Damage
  • Rank Progression - Increase in damage and % of user not getting hit.

Support

Oceanic Defense
    Using the power of water, the Gaian can protect themselves from a partial water based attack.
  • Special - Is a passive ring, if equipped at the same time as Volcanic Defense the user is dropped to 1 HP until one of the two are removed.
  • Rank Progression - Level 1 10% Damage Reduction on Water based attacks, up to 40% at Level 4

Volcanic Defense
    Using the power of Fire, the Gaian can help resist a fire born attack.
  • Special - Is a passive ring, if equipped at the same time as Oceanic Defense the user is dropped to 1 HP until one of the two are removed.
  • Rank Progression - Level 1 10% Damage Reduction on Fire based attacks, up to 40% at Level 4

Regeneration
    By harnessing the energies of the Gaian wind, a user can increase the time it takes to heal
  • Special - Is a passive ring
  • Rank Progression - Level 1 3% increase to base regeneration, up to 12% at Level 4

Self Healing
    By harnessing the energies of the Gaian wind, a user can heal themselves with a purifying wind.
  • Special - Only heal's the user of the ring.
  • Rank Progression - Healing Increase

Party Healing
    By harnessing the energies of the Gaian wind, a user can heal another person in their party.
  • Special - Can only heal a person in the associated party. The ring cannot heal the user.
  • Rank Progression - Healing Increase

Wind Sheild
    Using the magic of the Ring, a whip of air circles around the user, slowing down incoming melee attacks.
  • Special - Does a % based Damage Reduction on Incoming Attacks.
  • Rank Progression - % Reduced Increases

Moblin Fodder's Comrade

Business Tycoon

Profession Based

While we will lack a class system, it is always a good idea to have class like abilities. This allows for multiple things. For one, having a Pastry Chef set versus a normal Healing Set can have better bonuses when it comes to having a mix of both support and offensive. I guess the idea will pan itself out as it goes.

Carpentry

Hammer Hand
    With a flick on this ring, the user's hand becomes hard as iron, forming the perfect hammering surface.
  • Special - Deals normal Attack damage, but on a successful hit causes a stun for x seconds.
  • Rank Progression - Increase in damage and stun time.

Dead Blow
    Forming the Hammer Hand, this ring causes the force to drive completely into the target, doing more damage.
  • Special - Deals x2 Attack damage, but on a successful hit causes a stun for x seconds. Likewise, it has a 75% chance to miss.
  • Rank Progression - Increase in damage and stun time, decrease by 5% per level in miss chance.

Essence of Laquer
    Releasing a magically summoned laquer based apoxy, this ring coats the enemy in a flamable liquid.
  • Special - Melee ring that drop's the target's fire resistance by x%
  • Rank Progression - Increase in fire resistance drop.

Vertical Grade
    The power of this ring makes the user more flexable, and able to dodge attacks at a faster rate.
  • Special - Increases the user's dodge rating by x%
  • Rank Progression - Increase in dodge %.

Tack
    At close range, the ring hits extreme temperature as it is able to weld iron, steel, brass, copper, and other metals together by touch.
  • Special - Melee attack doing fire damage, double damage to metalic opponents.

Energy nails