Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the idea of Free ranging bosses?

Yes, please more of them! 0.65178571428571 65.2% [ 219 ]
No! No! put them all in instances! 0.074404761904762 7.4% [ 25 ]
Don't care either way. 0.1547619047619 15.5% [ 52 ]
More goldz! 0.11904761904762 11.9% [ 40 ]
Total Votes:[ 336 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm not sure how many of you caught what [ JK ] said when asked about free range bosses on Buccaneer Boardwalk, this last Friday at the Town Meeting. (It's what I call the meeting with the devs.) But he did say something that caught my attention! Kraken.

User Image

The monster form the depth of the ocean. Sailors even in this day and age still tell stories about the Kraken of old. I know I live on the coast and love to hang out with the old seadogs when the weather wont allow for them to be out on their beloved ocean. Or those few that have retired to the land do to age or illness. I love these stories and I love the thought that we might have the Kraken to face when B. B. opens!

Now the question is how will we face him? Will there be a quest to take use out over the deep blue that is his home? Or will we go underwater again like we do for SS/ EB. I'm hoping for the first one. The idea of the Kracken being larger then a ship makes it so much more fearsome! How would it be to be on deck of a ship sailing to an island and the Kracken attack us from below the ship? Fighting off it's tentacles as it tries to sink us to Davey Jones locker! pirate Or he could be like LandShark and as we walk the Boardwalk attack from below. *shiny eyes* Obby yeah! I hope [ JK ] meant it and it wasn't just a throw away comment. crying

What do you thing of the Kracken as a free range boss for B.B.? Or do you have a better suggestion? What free range boss would you want to see?

Feline Exhibitionist

7,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

*sighs contentedly* I love your threads heart

I personally think that would be an epic boss and I would love it!
User Image

EDIT: I missed the poll~ I guess I do not care either way. Instances are totally nice (Points as general gnome fiasco) but then it can also be kinda boring, unless it is a longer boss area (points to Dead Man's Pass).

So, in the end, more boss AREAS.
What do you think?

IRL Vampire

it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist. I'm not sure if that fits into the whole happy care-bear-y casual zOMG-universe though :<

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
LuvTyler13

*sighs contentedly* I love your threads heart

I personally think that would be an epic boss and I would love it!
User Image

EDIT: I missed the poll~ I guess I do not care either way. Instances are totally nice (Points as general gnome fiasco) but then it can also be kinda boring, unless it is a longer boss area (points to Dead Man's Pass).

So, in the end, more boss AREAS.
What do you think?

New areas are always nice. smile But free range bosses like the Giftboxes and LandShark and Mr. Fluff are great for the surprise and to shake things up a bit! And like you said it can be a bit boring if they are in an instance, unless it's a big area. Not sure if they have the time to do that in this case....then again they might have, what do I know! lol

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
AHH! Squigy!

mrgreen

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Aseres
it'd be kinda neat if it were big enough to cover the entire area and you'd have to have several groups fighting individual tentacles to take it down... kinda like an oldschool RPG-boss.. just with a multiplayer-epic-raidboss-twist. I'm not sure if that fits into the whole happy care-bear-y casual zOMG-universe though :<

You mean like a Mini Event? Hmm, that's a thought.

Benevolent Codger

Aseres

Personally, I think it fits perfectly; when they made zOMG!, one of their main goals (most obvious in the G'hi system) was to maintain Gaia's community feeling. Having a single boss that requires numerous crews to defeat (or, I suppose, one crew taking forever) would be an ideal extension of that concept. Not to mention, it would make great endgame material.

Having (presumably) 8 separate tentacles that have to be defeated, then having the last one summon release the Kraken's head/body would be amazing...

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Red Kutai
Aseres

Personally, I think it fits perfectly; when they made zOMG!, one of their main goals (most obvious in the G'hi system) was to maintain Gaia's community feeling. Having a single boss that requires numerous crews to defeat (or, I suppose, one crew taking forever) would be an ideal extension of that concept. Not to mention, it would make great endgame material.

Having (presumably) 8 separate tentacles that have to be defeated, then having the last one summon release the Kraken's head/body would be amazing...

smile That would be fun and it would be something to do with a larger group, maybe even a clan?

Pirra-chan's Significant Otter

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Hoping it'll be a free roaming boss, like the landshark. Or a mini event.

Although, looking here:

User Image

There isn't those many ships that could serve as a battle ground. In fact, the best ship for walking around on top of is Crescento's.

I can picture that idea a bunch of tentacles sprouting out on random places in the water, and when all of them are beaten, the head comes out on that bigger pier in that central lake-like part. Seems reasonable.

Benevolent Codger

Sensual Soul
Red Kutai
Aseres

smile That would be fun and it would be something to do with a larger group, maybe even a clan?

Yeah, that; y'know, once they fix clan chat... gonk

IRL Vampire

Red Kutai
Aseres

rallying together 8 crews with people that work together decently would be the hard part. But zOMG has a pretty strong community so it might just be do-able. Where I come from (game-wise, and yes, I'm talking about L2 here, the game that JK and I keep blabbering about) taking down bosses like this wouldn't be a server-wide thing: individual clans (or allies) would compete for it and even if they managed to beat the others in pvp and go in it'd still take 5 hours + to take it down (IF they could take it down... the difficulty ramps up considerably when the bosses hp goes down to 30%). In my entire time in L2 JK and my clan only got in a handfull of times (and we're in the second strongest clan on the server), I was only there once (poor JK was at work and couldn't make it at all) and we didn't kill it in any of those attempts.

If it was made less hardcore it could actually work for zOMG though :p

EDIT: one thing that's crucial to raids like this is everyone being on vent (like vivox but not built into the game - every clan/ally have their own server). Not sure if it could be organized well enough with text chat... (but again, I'm blabbering - it depends on how hard the boss is and how they'd pull it off)

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Yeah, I was thinking that the Kracken could attack those walking along the boardwalks to get to the different areas if they do a free range boss.

Benevolent Codger

Quintafeira12
Hoping it'll be a free roaming boss, like the landshark. Or a mini event.

Although, looking here:

[Buccaneer Boardwalk]

There isn't those many ships that could serve as a battle ground. In fact, the best ship for walking around on top of is Crescento's.

I can picture that idea a bunch of tentacles sprouting out on random places in the water, and when all of them are beaten, the head comes out on that bigger pier in that central lake-like part. Seems reasonable.

Yeah, it would make a great random event. As long as the tentacles aren't too aggressive, so they don't kill everyone around. In fact, since I don't think the central map is actually accessible on foot, they could make the Kraken so massive that all you see is the parts that go past that map (i.e. the maps to the right/left/up/down would each have a bit of him hanging over the edge)...

Benevolent Codger

Aseres
Red Kutai
Aseres

rallying together 8 crews with people that work together decently would be the hard part. But zOMG has a pretty strong community so it might just be do-able. Where I come from (game-wise, and yes, I'm talking about L2 here, the game that JK and I keep blabbering about) taking down bosses like this wouldn't be a server-wide thing: individual clans (or allies) would compete for it and even if they managed to beat the others in pvp and go in it'd still take 5 hours + to take it down (IF they could take it down... the difficulty ramps up considerably when the bosses hp goes down to 30%). In my entire time in L2 JK and my clan only got in a handfull of times (and we're in the second strongest clan on the server), I was only there once (poor JK was at work and couldn't make it at all) and we didn't kill it in any of those attempts.

If it was made less hardcore it could actually work for zOMG though :p

EDIT: one thing that's crucial to raids like this is everyone being on vent (like vivox but not built into the game - every clan/ally have their own server). Not sure if it could be organized well enough with text chat... (but again, I'm blabbering - it depends on how hard the boss is and how they'd pull it off)

Yeah, a little less hardcore, definitely. But I'd prefer it to be random, and not efficient enough for farming. Mostly just for bragging rights and getting your 5,000 Krakens badge... xp
The map looks like an octopus already.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces