Limited time allowed to play 0.125 12.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 3 4 >

7,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
So, I was thinking,
Gaia could potentially give a cost to enter the battle field for a day, some small amount of gold, like 1k to keep people from constantly going into the battle system.
What do you all think.
((I know, "I don't want to spend my gold, lower the requirement.." Alright, so maybe 500 gold, whatever.))
That's a bad idea, it really is. What about the newbs who can't afford it? Much of the mechanics of the game are designed to make it easier for the newbs to play, and keep it fair and prevent the rich from dominating it. There are already enough people whining about the GBS, don't give them more fodder.

@ Lucas the Slayer: he's in the correct forum, so don't be an a**.
no way am I going to pay gold just to get onto the system, I'd rather see a limited number of 'lives' per day, if you teleport back to a moonfield more than 3 times in a day you become unable to fight for the next hour or something

7,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
Syaoran Moeroo
no way am I going to pay gold just to get onto the system, I'd rather see a limited number of 'lives' per day, if you teleport back to a moonfield more than 3 times in a day you become unable to fight for the next hour or something

thats a fair compromise.
3nodding
Cookiethehungry
Syaoran Moeroo

thats a fair compromise.
3nodding
Agreed, cookiethehungry's idea of keeping out lag is a good idea, but I personally like Syaoran Moeroo's solution.
Hyde666
Cookiethehungry
Syaoran Moeroo

thats a fair compromise.
3nodding
Agreed, cookiethehungry's idea of keeping out lag is a good idea, but I personally like Syaoran Moeroo's solution.

Well quite honestly, who would keep playing after three deaths? I don't know about any of you, but typically after I die a number of times in a game I go ahead and take a break from it
Syaoran Moeroo
Hyde666
Cookiethehungry
Syaoran Moeroo

thats a fair compromise.
3nodding

Well quite honestly, who would keep playing after three deaths? I don't know about any of you, but typically after I die a number of times in a game I go ahead and take a break from it
Well I mean that in a general way. Like maybe you get 3 or 5 and after that you have to pay 100 gold or something like that as a penalty. Almost every mmo has some sort of penalty for dying. (Except for PSU, damn all those changes)
_Akurei_Toorima_
stressed

How does this contribute to the conversation?
Hyde666
Syaoran Moeroo
Hyde666
Cookiethehungry
Syaoran Moeroo

thats a fair compromise.
3nodding

Well I mean that in a general way. Like maybe you get 3 or 5 and after that you have to pay 100 gold or something like that as a penalty. Almost every mmo has some sort of penalty for dying. (Except for PSU, damn all those changes)

Yeah, well from what I understand they're currently tossing around an idea that if you teleport back to a moonfield after being defeated you lose access to one of your rings for an amount of time... it's not necessarily how it's going to be, but if there's no death penalty then death has no meaning... I personally think a strict death penalty is the best kind on this. Take FF11's penalty for example, when you die on there you lose Exp (I believe it's about 10% of the maximum for the level) this provides a real reason not to pick fights you have no hope of winning... people can even die and level down in the game
Syaoran Moeroo
Hyde666
Syaoran Moeroo
Hyde666
Cookiethehungry
Syaoran Moeroo

thats a fair compromise.
3nodding

Yeah, well from what I understand they're currently tossing around an idea that if you teleport back to a moonfield after being defeated you lose access to one of your rings for an amount of time... it's not necessarily how it's going to be, but if there's no death penalty then death has no meaning... I personally think a strict death penalty is the best kind on this. Take FF11's penalty for example, when you die on there you lose Exp (I believe it's about 10% of the maximum for the level) this provides a real reason not to pick fights you have no hope of winning... people can even die and level down in the game

You play FF11? .-. What server? I'm on valefor. xD

7,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
So, maybe the way to keep lag out would be to limit the time you can play, like an hour a day or so.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff