Scobre
Hakayos Gift
♦ What road do I take?
♣ "Where do you want to go?"
♥ I don't know.
♠ "Then, it really doesn't matter, does it?"

I want to sign!!

Thank you for yr support, Hakayos.
I have added ya to the petition list; if possible pls post yr name there : 3: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/petition-to-get-zomg-out-of-maintenance-mode/t.82461957_1/

What road do I take?
"Where do you want to go?"
I don't know.
"Then, it really doesn't matter, does it?"

Already did smile

Thank you so much <3

Distinct Player

Cannae
you has no body for me to hug, its been body snatched. eek

Profile page will show the avi fully : 3

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
BlueO2
Hakayos Gift
Scobre
Hakayos Gift
♦ What road do I take?
♥ I don't know.

I want to sign!!

Thank you for yr support, Hakayos.
I have added ya to the petition list; if possible pls post yr name there : 3: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/petition-to-get-zomg-out-of-maintenance-mode/t.82461957_1/

♦ What road do I take?
♥ I don't know.

Already did smile

Thank you so much <3

What road do I take?
"Where do you want to go?"
I don't know.
"Then, it really doesn't matter, does it?"

No thank you for making this!!!
It took me 13.5 hours to get 100 charge orbs because I had to get them through the phil cache so I had to spend millions to buy bags then take the time to unpack, open each one and then hope I get a zOMG! bag to get just 1 orb......
I could get 300 in half that time!! So annoyed....
Scobre
jazeminn
I'll sign.

Thank you for yr support, Jazemin.

Alright, I've posted there now. (:

Distinct Player

jazeminn
Scobre
jazeminn
I'll sign.

Thank you for yr support, Jazemin.

Alright, I've posted there now. (:

Awsome, Jaz <3

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
BlueO2
Thank you, Belinda n_n
I am adding that sign on the 1st post!

Glad that you like it! 4laugh

Undead Extinguisher

13,100 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Conventioneer 300
BlueO2
Cannae
you has no body for me to hug, its been body snatched. eek

Profile page will show the avi fully : 3

I will have a look.
I was at the meat for a short time, mav and jk was there.
It was so super late though, i gotta drink lots of coffee next time.

Distinct Player

Cannae
I will have a look.

I have been to a few dev meats when I was able to stay awake to attend them xD
I know how you feel. We all share our love for zOMG but not the time zone.

Distinct Player

BlueO2
User Image
help bring back zOMG! sign the petition Click here to enter yr name for the petition

or use underneath (which is the same one)
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/petition-to-get-zomg-out-of-maintenance-mode/t.82461957/

The number of Gaian who has signed the petition is stated on my thread titel.

User Image

I have seen so many Gains asking what has happend to zOMG. Hope this will help out.
Note: Having talked to a few great Gaians who do have the knowledge, eperiences and some even offered to work on zOMG without any charges. It seems to be that it is well secured and there is even opportunities for zOMG to be applied on different operating systems besides desk/laptops. Shutting down zOMG seems not to be any of the mentioned reasons. crying

Source 1:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/zomg-going-down-temporarily-for-maintenance/t.92467251/

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014
zOMG going down temporarily for maintenance!
Hello, everyone! We have an important update on some maintenance we'll be performing on zOMG! and its servers. In a few weeks time we'll be shutting the game down in order to repair a critical issue that could potentially affect many Gaians playing the game. The fix will require extensive back-end changes to the game and its servers. This means that when zOMG! is taken offline, it may be down for several weeks as we address the issue, but don't worry: zOMG! will be up and running as soon as it's patched up! We'll provide further updates as we have them. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding!

Oh and by the way, while you are waiting, some of your favorite maps from zOMG! will be making their way to Towns 2 as fully explorable new locations! Be sure to visit Towns 2 soon to check them out in all their glory. We hope you enjoy them!

Source 2:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/update-on-zomg-maintenance/t.94749579/

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014
Update on zOMG maintenance
As many of you know we shut down zOMG! to perform critical repairs to the game servers. Particularly we were addressing some critical vulnerabilities in the server infrastructure. We could not give a specific repair completion date because the extent of what systems the repairs would make to the game were unknown. Sadly, the changes needed were extensive and due to both hardware and Engineering limitations we had to make the tough call not to proceed. This means our beloved zOMG! MMO will not be making a triumphant return.

We will have an update for you next Wednesday regarding recipes, your existing rings, and other zOMG exclusive elements. To all of our loyal zOMG'ers, we wish to thank you for years of loyal support. Over the next couple weeks we will be holding various contests to help commemorate and celebrate your favorite moments in the game. In fact, we have our first one starting, just check it out below! zOMG! was an exciting journey into a whole new world of fun and excitement.

Source 3:
Page 79
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1171/

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014
Some zOMG! Clarifications

Hey Gaians,

We want to take a moment to address the issue of zOMG! being shut down, and to give more details about why we are unable to bring zOMG! back. We understand that people have been upset by this news, particularly those Gaians who have been loyal zOMG! players. We'd to take a moment to address several of the major concerns and comments about zOMG! closing that we've seen expressed in the forums:

a) With regards to our previous announcements, in which we said "don't worry: zOMG! will be up and running as soon as it's patched up!", we want you to know that when we made these statements, we did honestly believe we would be able to bring the game back after fixes were made. It was never our intent to NOT bring the game back. The decision to leave zOMG! down was only made after learning about serious problems with the game's code. We do want to apologize to you, however, for the way we worded our messages. We should not have said the game was definitely coming back even if this is what we believed when we made those statements. It was never our intent to be misleading about the state of zOMG!, and we understand why this is upsetting for you. We are sorry, truly, for any frustration this has caused.

B) Regarding the reason zOMG! cannot be brought back, there has been a lot of speculation on the reason for our decision. Frankly, the truth of the matter is that during an investigation into issues with zOMG!, it was discovered that zOMG! had a serious flaw in the code. Basically, there was a security exploit in the game that, had it been abused (and thankfully it wasn't!), would have allowed people not only access to zOMG!, but to our site's servers and ultimately, to all your accounts. Knowing this was the case, we couldn't, in good faith, continue to allow zOMG! to remain up and running. We even had one of the fabulous former zOMG! devs look into the issue to see how long it might take to fix this exploit, but a concrete estimate was impossible to make given the sheer volume of code. Ultimately, we decided to leave zOMG! shut down because the security of your accounts and our servers is priority.

C) Finally, we would like to say that closing zOMG! had nothing to do with money, or whether or not zOMG! was making a profit. Frankly, zOMG! hasn't made an overall profit for a while now. We've left zOMG! up and running because we love zOMG!, and more importantly, because we know that YOU love zOMG!. Closing zOMG! was actually a very difficult and sad decision for us, especially for those staff members who saw the game from its inception, to launch, and beyond. At the end of the day, however, the safety concerns over the exploit had to prevail.

We hope this provides you with more details on why the decision to shut down zOMG! was made. Again, thank you to all the players who have supported zOMG! over the years - we hope that you'll carry forward fond memories of the friendships you made with other players in game.

Source 4:
Page 80
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1186/

Zero Omega
Admin Lead
Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014
zOMG Info Update

Hey Gaians,

Last week we promised that we would have an update for you regarding zOMG rings, power-ups, summons, and more today. Unfortunately we will have to delay that tomorrow. We are working on a little surprise for the community that we wanted to release along with the update. That won't be ready until tomorrow, we are committed to making this happen. We apologize for the delay and thank you for the understanding.

Source 5:
Page 80
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1186/
Zero Omega
Admin Lead
Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014
zOMG Info Update!

Hey Gaians,

We wanted to let you know that we have some information regarding your zOMG rings, power-ups, summons, and more! As well as an extra little surprise at the end. You can find all the information about it here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/zomg-information-update/t.94833751/

Source 6:
This pm has been sent out to a number of Gaians who were selected by Gaia based on their high amount of buying Gaia Cash.

December 2014
Hi xxxx

How are you today? We wanted to send you this message to thank you for supporting Gaia Online. It is your support that helps us keep things running on Gaia, that allows us to provide you and all others with awesome items, events, manga, and features. For example, have you seen our latest update about the inventory arranger? You can check it out here! Your support helps makes all of this possible and we wanted to thank you for everything. You are the real MVP!

I did notice something though. When I was checking over your account I have found that you didn’t do any business with us in November and you haven’t purchased much in December. Is there something that we at Gaia may have done to lose your support? We would love some feedback from you!

We’re always looking for ways to improve Gaia and make it more entertaining for all of our users, you included. I’m sending this message out to you and a few others and I want your suggestion: What is the one thing you would really love to see on Gaia? How about something you would change? What I’m going to do is take the feedback that you provide and then we at Gaia are going to review everything that you and the others have suggested. We’re going to take the most common suggestions and create a poll for the entire Gaia community to vote in! YOUR ideas! The most popular suggestion will be implemented and we will provide credit to those who suggested it. That’s right, you have a direct impact on possibly getting your suggestion made a reality!

We hope that this is exciting news. We appreciate everything that you have done to support Gaia Online. If you could get back to us with your feedback by Friday, December 12, 2014 at 1:00pm PST, that would be fantastic. That way we have time to take in any last minute suggestions! If there is anything else I can do for you, or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I would be happy to help you out!

Thank you for your feedback and I wish you a great rest of the week.

Sincerely,

Zero Omega
Gaia Online Admin Lead

Source 7:
Journal of Narumi Misuhara
Gaia Staff
Posted by: Narumi Misuhara Tue Mar 05, 2013
http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=viewarchive&post_id=34297901&u=13865022

zOMG! Status Update
There seems to be quite a bit of confusion going around about what is going on with zOMG! Such questions have been covered in various places for the past few months many times over so all can gather by the confusion still occurring is that the information is just too difficult to find. So I'm going to try to cover as much as I can all in one entry so that future seekers of knowledge can hopefully more easily find/reference the information.

zOMG! is currently in maintenance mode. What does that mean?
It means we are not actively doing any development for it.

Why aren't we actively developing for it?
Simple, the game did not accomplish the goals the managers at the time were hoping it would accomplish.

What were those goals?
*shrug* I wasn't managing at the time, I honestly couldn't tell you.

Why do we continue to keep it maintenance mode?
The game does not bring in enough income to justify hiring someone full time/part time to keep up with it.

If it's not bringing in enough money, why not completely get rid of it?
Plenty of people still play it, and something is better than nothing.

Is it possible the games status could be upgraded from maintenance mode?
Unlikely, but possible. It would require a significant and consistent income increase with the existing zOMG! items that are selling. (i.e. would have to stably make more money without us adding or doing anything new to the game.)

A question I've seen asked a few times around the forums is the "Why do you still charge for orbs etc. when the money doesn't go just to zOMG!?"
The answer to this is also simple, though apparently made complicated by things said in the past by....?
All income generated by all our products currently go to Gaia Interactive. That's how most businesses work, the money doesn't just go to one department or product. The money brought in by each product is tracked so we know how it's doing but the money goes to the business not whatever product generated it. The complication apparently comes from someone saying the money zOMG! generated would go straight back into zOMG!? I don't know who made that claim assuming anyone did at all, anytime I've asked for where this was stated no one seems to be able to provide a quotable source. The fact is that's simply not how it works so if that was promised somewhere, well then I'm sorry, that is simply a promise we can't keep.

Some Gaians are under the impression that doing anything for zOMG! is a matter of us simply wanting to prioritize it. I want to dispell that rumor here and now. The reality is there is no one on the Gaia Online team that knows how to do anything with zOMG! short of restarting the servers. The last two devs internally that used to work on the game now work for our social department. What does that mean exactly? It means we on the Gaia Online side have no say in getting them to work on anything related to zOMG! or Gaia Online. Any such work they do must be done on their free time. Luckily they are amazing and care a great deal for the zOMG! community, this has led to many instances in the past where they happily helped out. Recently however they have been very busy with their work on the social side of the house. In addition, a lot of smaller things we've wanted to do has required us to contact a dev who no longer even works for Gaia Interactive. Getting help like that is extremely difficult because it requires not only convincing them to help out but working outside of whatever job schedule they have at another company.

Something I mentioned in earlier journal entries is that I would really love to have someone on the Gaia Online side trained to work on zOMG!. So far however this has only been met with frustration as the person best suited for this no longer works at Gaia Interactive and has been too busy with other things to be able to come in and help us out.

So with all that we come to the "Will you recycle events for zOMG!"
Due to the situation mentioned above, no, I can't promise any events, recycled or otherwise for zOMG! in the foreseeable future.

Now don't despair, despite our inability to do much with the internals of zOMG! for the time being, we do have achievements lined up which we can add without needing to mess with the zOMG! code. In addition I'm told there are some recipes we may be able to add, pending some of that free time from the devs on the other side of the house. smilies/icon_smile.gif

Hopefully that covers most of the major points. If I missed anything really major I'll edit them in later.

...Until next time!
Narumi Misuhara
Sr. Engineering Manager

User Image
You want zOMG back? PAY them! money talks...
BlueO2
Cannae
I will have a look.

I have been to a few dev meats when I was able to stay awake to attend them xD
I know how you feel. We all share our love for zOMG but not the time zone.

emotion_kirakira Cannae the super pro loved hearing your beautiful singing and sexy voice on zomg. I would have been stuck and never got to play zomg without you. did i sign this petition ?

Distinct Player

Sweet Baby Lisa

Cannae

Sweet Baby Lisa

emotion_kirakira Cannae the super pro loved hearing your beautiful singing and sexy voice on zomg. I would have been stuck and never got to play zomg without you. did i sign this petition ?

@Lisa,

On the 1st post you will find the link to sign up the petition, pls post there while I will add you to the list n_n

@Cannae,
@#$%^&^%$#@ YOU SHOULD SING FOR LISA AND ME >8U

Ruthless Hero

14,800 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Going to sign. I only stayed here for the zOMG, and to be honest this was my childhood.

Distinct Player

Heart-of-Hatred
Going to sign. I only stayed here for the zOMG, and to be honest this was my childhood.

zOMG has been a great value to Gaia. Helped getting Gaians befriended. Made the youngster coming on Gaia and eventually contributed to the revenue. I hardly talk to anyone of my Gaian friends anymore since zOMG has been taken down as most of us are not getting on Gaia that MUCH anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff