Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Informer

I noticed during the ATS today that most, if not all the questions regarding zOMG weren't answered. This bothers me seeing as other questions in the games category were answered. It just makes the unrest about the closure of zOMG that much worse. I asked during ATS today if they could post the occasional update as a staff notice with a general percentage estimate of completion, and many others asked similar regarding updates. Either someone was slacking today or they''re being tight-lipped. At least that's what I can tell from my perspective.

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
So zOMG is out of the picture at the moment? How long has it been inaccessible?

Familiar Lunatic

They're a lot of questions they're passing by, not just zOMG! :U
Viirahue Fy
Been down for about three weeks or so.

Eternal Informer

Viirahue Fy

Around the first week of August, making critical back-end changes. They said it would take a few weeks. I asked the question to see if we could possible get an estimate of completion to try and calm down the brewing fears that it'll be taken down for good (which would be ridiculous).

Eternal Informer

gataka
They're a lot of questions they're passing by, not just zOMG! :U
Viirahue Fy
Been down for about three weeks or so.

Yeah, it's starting to bother the more game-centered part of the community.

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
I can see why. I wanted to know what happened because I wanted to play but saw that it wasn't in the game section. Now I'm here.

Dangerous Genius

Sweetly Spice
Viirahue Fy

Around the first week of August, making critical back-end changes. They said it would take a few weeks. I asked the question to see if we could possible get an estimate of completion to try and calm down the brewing fears that it'll be taken down for good (which would be ridiculous).

Actually it was taken down at the end of September. They just delayed taking it down since the first week of August.

So it's been inaccessible for about three weeks.

Personally I'd wait until next month before pressing for an update. After all, "several weeks" implies at least four.

Fuzzy Friend

9,575 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Fatcat

Well they answered a question about it. From what it seems, they can't disclose much though.
Narumi Misuhara
I can't disclose everything, but some very important server security updates and code version updates.
b0nerita
Well they answered a question about it. From what it seems, they can't disclose much though.
Narumi Misuhara
I can't disclose everything, but some very important server security updates and code version updates.

The backend smartfoxserver has a major update out for a major a ssl exploit "heartbleed." 3nodding
zomg would have been very vunerable i know gaia was effected as someone was able to generate bundles.

Familiar Lunatic

Faolan Rawr
b0nerita
Narumi Misuhara

The backend smartfoxserver has a major update out for a major a ssl exploit "heartbleed." 3nodding
zomg would have been very vunerable i know gaia was effected as someone was able to generate bundles.
Heartbleed, really? Didn't expect that ¯3¯
Faolan Rawr
b0nerita
Narumi Misuhara

Leave it to Gaia to mess things up. Every programmer worth their salt already installed the heartdefibrillator update ages ago. scream

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Finding out about the potential of it being a HeartBleed issue actually gives me a lot more confidence than I had, and does make the most sense out of everything that's been tossed around.... ninja It's really not surprising how long they took to get to the issue, considering the state of Zomg.

But, as I've said all along, we'll see what happens. There's always a chance they could accidentally break it trying to get the correct updates meshed with the original code....
Felis Hircus
Faolan Rawr
b0nerita
Narumi Misuhara

Leave it to Gaia to mess things up. Every programmer worth their salt already installed the heartdefibrillator update ages ago. scream

Bigger companies make the same mistakes.

The Webkit Exploit that hacked the iphone that got patched moons ago, just hacked Nintendo and Sony. The "unhackable" vita and ps4 will have native hacks soon. Online gaming wrecked again. *sigh

Security is always a game of cat an mouse. confused
Faolan Rawr
Felis Hircus
Faolan Rawr
b0nerita
Narumi Misuhara

Bigger companies make the same mistakes.

The Webkit Exploit that hacked the iphone that got patched moons ago, just hacked Nintendo and Sony. The "unhackable" vita and ps4 will have native hacks soon. Online gaming wrecked again. *sigh

Security is always a game of cat an mouse. confused

I was just kidding actually. As I thought you were just taking an educated guess. But it seems you're rather certain what the issue is...somehow. ;o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff