Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
I am one of the older zomg players that started when zomg first was created on gaia. I played the areas up until Basken lake then farmed Papa Saw until I was level 10.
Now that the background is over...I was on earlier today joined a crew and battled PS around 4 times. And I just got more and more agitated as each round came and went until I decided to quite early.

When I started playing up til a couple years in since its creation people knew the just of what not to do and to do in PS but now? NO MORE! evil I may be old school and strict but it used to be common knowledge that buffs were assigned, you waited for everyone then went in, everyone talked and was polite. You went to a little corner and waited til the leader ran about the room then it was stay in the corner, fire rain, heal, r4 all buffs, r4 fire rain, and stay in the corner. Every once in a while people didn't know and would run about but the leader or someone would scold them to be and do what their supposed to. And those were some of the best crews and battles I've ever been in!

Now I get on practically everyone is running rampant around the room 2 people are attempting to heal, no one is staying together, no one is talking, buffs arn't assigned. 2-3 people have fire rain everyone else is using slash, hack, and mantis. only a few things are r4 buff wise and I am the only one r4'ing fire rain or any other move. Its all together a rough battle luckily no one dies but it is by no means the fun it once was!
I gotta know is it just me? Am I just a little to strict to the old days or is this just what has become of PS?

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Papa saw: where the average IQ is below room temperature.

Hot Bachelor

People bring the three swords (mantis, hack, and slash) because they're faster.

And you're right on the others parts. Running around is bad. Not r4ing buffs is bad.

It's because there's no one there to teach the newbies. zOMG doesn't make much gold anymore.

Friendly Lunatic

11,375 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
well 6 months ago I remember being told to r4 my buffs. but a few days ago i only just got back into ps and there was none of that anymore. it's strange...and there is less people too.

Fatcat

⇢ ★ ★ ps is pretty simple to be fair.
it's quick and easy so having an organized crew for it isn't really necessary and beggers can't be choosers with the small amount of players who do play.

If you want order and something a little different than PS, try shallow seas or DMS.

Familiar Lunatic

deidarason
When I started playing up til a couple years in since its creation people knew the just of what not to do and to do in PS but now? NO MORE! evil I may be old school and strict but it used to be common knowledge that buffs were assigned, you waited for everyone then went in, everyone talked and was polite. You went to a little corner and waited til the leader ran about the room then it was stay in the corner, fire rain, heal, r4 all buffs, r4 fire rain, and stay in the corner. Every once in a while people didn't know and would run about but the leader or someone would scold them to be and do what their supposed to. And those were some of the best crews and battles I've ever been in!
Battles? Stand there, spam buttons, get showered in gold, you call that a "battle"? Ain't no loosing chance, ain't no struggle, ain't no fight, ain't no battle!
deidarason
Now I get on practically everyone is running rampant around the room 2 people are attempting to heal, no one is staying together, no one is talking, buffs arn't assigned. 2-3 people have fire rain everyone else is using slash, hack, and mantis. only a few things are r4 buff wise and I am the only one r4'ing fire rain or any other move. Its all together a rough battle luckily no one dies but it is by no means the fun it once was!

Now THAT'S a battle!! Fighting ain't supposed to be fun...yes, here you're fighting your teammates and not the enemy but a fight's a fight talk2hand

Kidding aside, culture. If no one's there to transmit it then it'll die.
So I suggest making your own crews and being patient in transmitting the old ways if you still want that experience back.

Fewer people left, and they're possibly less strict about their ROI.
Onus is on you to convince people it's still worth the trouble in this GG world.

Personally, whilst a disorganised crew can be frustrating, I find the strict rituals, conform or play alone, no umpredicatability, to be bigger joykillers :U

Tenacious Sage

I don't think you need any buffs other than R4 Coy and Div for PS, it's quite easy to do without any armor buffs and such. Now that being said, there have been PS crews who legit don't heal and that causes problems. I don't need Meat in effng PS emotion_donotwant

Dangerous Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
Buffs arn't really needed but they do help. Back then everything was about time, a good crew could get in and out to maximize loot in an allotted time.

Dangerous Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
gataka
deidarason
Battles? Stand there, spam buttons, get showered in gold, you call that a "battle"? Ain't no loosing chance, ain't no struggle, ain't no fight, ain't no battle!
deidarason

Now THAT'S a battle!! Fighting ain't supposed to be fun...yes, here you're fighting your teammates and not the enemy but a fight's a fight talk2hand

Kidding aside, culture. If no one's there to transmit it then it'll die.
So I suggest making your own crews and being patient in transmitting the old ways if you still want that experience back.

Fewer people left, and they're possibly less strict about their ROI.
Onus is on you to convince people it's still worth the trouble in this GG world.

Personally, whilst a disorganised crew can be frustrating, I find the strict rituals, conform or play alone, no umpredicatability, to be bigger joykillers :U

The thing is playing the old way everyone learned, people talked, and everyone had fun. Now no one wants to talk. Everyone is on a crew but are ultimately by them selves

Dangerous Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
b0nerita
⇢ ★ ★ ps is pretty simple to be fair.
it's quick and easy so having an organized crew for it isn't really necessary and beggers can't be choosers with the small amount of players who do play.

If you want order and something a little different than PS, try shallow seas or DMS.

It is very simple which I guess why it agitates me so. Because a simple thing is turned into a mess of people dying and no tactic. The battles I was in took almost 15mins more less something. Before it was so much less because things had a little organization. I guess I just miss the old team feel all and all now its just a free for all.

Dangerous Lunatic

13,350 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
Queen Tsundere
Unfortunately, we've lost a lot of the "good" zOMG players over the years. I believe zOMG started to dwindle in 2011-2012. After they announced DMS, Gaia completely stopped working on the project, and before that, they lowered the gold cap (because ya know, inflation wasn't really a thing back then). If Gaia would fix the gold cap like they have with the daily chance and booty grab, I'm sure there'd be a ton of users playing and we wouldn't have such a problem finding good crews. However, these things are never as simple as they seem.

If you ever want to play zOMG or chat, feel free to add me!

I totally agree with you. I was one of the hard core players for the first couple years then off and on. Now I'm training my bf up and back almost everyday. I don't think the people that came around the time of bb or dms know really what were talking about because they never seen the awesome crews and such. I know I'm a bit of a old lady nagging about the way things used to be but it was just so awesome, the feeling of actually making friends and being a team. Now when someone dies people just sit there and watch them run around no one defibs them.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
To be fair, PS really isn't that fun these days. The gold payout isn't that great, and most crews I join barely stay together. I used to do PS Hard all the time back in the day, and that's where most of the fun came from for me. But as soon as they updated the payouts for PS Normal... people stopped wanting to do Hard.

To explain, you can pretty much make just as much gold in one round of Normal, compared to Hard. One Normal round takes 5 minutes, while Hard takes about 10. Assuming you make around 5-10k per round... You'd easily make more during Normal.

Seeing as it's officially this easy, as well, there's not much incentive to try and chat, or to even really use Buffs. You could just assign Coy, Div, Rock, and maybe Halo, and Normal's ungodly easy. You won't even need heals. And I personally need more than 5 minutes to try and have a fun conversation with my crew, so I also tend to be a bit silent.
Because no one does ps anymore sad

Feline Bloodsucker

deidarason
It is very simple which I guess why it agitates me so. Because a simple thing is turned into a mess of people dying and no tactic. The battles I was in took almost 15mins more less something. Before it was so much less because things had a little organization. I guess I just miss the old team feel all and all now its just a free for all.

All I saw was "15mins" and I'm like.. wht?
I stopped playing PS for about a month and it has people playing for 15mins per round? (Normal or Hard?) rofl

IMO, I play PS for the sake of it not being as highly organized as DMS (since everyone basically plays DMS now to increase their CL to 12.0). When I play PS, things go pretty smoothly. Buffs are up for grabs, ring sets are bleh, as long as we have an extra body in the mill, the entire crew gets that extra player's loot increase (dead or not).
I personally hate assigning buffs and PS (in your terms: for what it is today), gives me an escape route from that.

Edit: I personally bring div and rock as MY buffs just because I have trust issues and div and rock are pretty helpful in PS. Other buffs are great but I could care less if the crew has them or not. I mean 5 minutes per round doesn't require full-on ring assigning when compared to a DMS YM Reg crew that can last up to 1 hour.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff