What's the best solution?

Sell Integrity in CS for 249 0.375 37.5% [ 3 ]
Make it a rare drop in dms 0.5 50.0% [ 4 ]
Something else (post) 0.125 12.5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Benevolent Codger

Berryfarmer
I was putting it out as a reference for anyone who cares to continue debating. Since it was done to exhaustion while wounds of it were fresh. I was also sharing a bit of my personal experience on the matter of glitched rings.

Didn't expect to get pulled into a full blown debate but wanted to give people debating some reference material. Sorry if I seemed confrontational to anyone. sweatdrop

And my apologies, if I seem overly aggressive - this issue is still not fully resolved, and thus makes for a sore spot as far as I'm concerned. I've still not touched the 'Integrity' ring that's sitting in my inventory, and I have no intention of doing so until the issue is fully handled in a mature and respectful manner. Bad mojo, and whatnot. redface

As I said, my biggest issue is the morally-charged nature of the fiasco; when you said that you felt the ring was an accurate representation of your integrity, it appeared to me as a defense of that implicit moral judgment - a judgment that I simply don't consider defensible. However, inasfar as it was simply a coincidence - that you feel you were required to exercise your own integrity in avoiding glitched rings - I can understand why the connection would feel valid, within the context of your personal experience... 3nodding

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Red Kutai
Berryfarmer
I was putting it out as a reference for anyone who cares to continue debating. Since it was done to exhaustion while wounds of it were fresh. I was also sharing a bit of my personal experience on the matter of glitched rings.

Didn't expect to get pulled into a full blown debate but wanted to give people debating some reference material. Sorry if I seemed confrontational to anyone. sweatdrop

And my apologies, if I seem overly aggressive - this issue is still not fully resolved, and thus makes for a sore spot as far as I'm concerned. I've still not touched the 'Integrity' ring that's sitting in my inventory, and I have no intention of doing so until the issue is fully handled in a mature and respectful manner. Bad mojo, and whatnot. redface

As I said, my biggest issue is the morally-charged nature of the fiasco; when you said that you felt the ring was an accurate representation of your integrity, it appeared to me as a defense of that implicit moral judgment - a judgment that I simply don't consider defensible. However, inasfar as it was simply a coincidence - that you feel you were required to exercise your own integrity in avoiding glitched rings - I can understand why the connection would feel valid, within the context of your personal experience... 3nodding

Overly aggressive, you? Pssh...
I hate to see the day that happens. I see you as passionate in your stance.

Shameless Gawker

wait... the ring is a glitch? D:
i'm so lost... haven't been playing zOMG in a while and when I did return there was the ring in my inven. I thought they just gave those out when I wasn't there... haven't used it so far...
what is this about? D:User Image

User Image

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
Red Kutai
And my apologies, if I seem overly aggressive
I think, out of all the posts I've read on any of the forums, yours are most articulate and level headed. You are incredibly well spoken and it's always a pleasure to read your posts. 3nodding

Benevolent Codger

x__s o y m i l k

i'm so lost... haven't been playing zOMG in a while and when I did return there was the ring in my inven. I thought they just gave those out when I wasn't there... haven't used it so far...

User Image

Ah! No worries! 3nodding

This is something of an old discussion, and if you weren't around at the time that it rose to zeitgeist status, you're probably just as well off not concerning yourself with it. In short, though, there were two rings given out - one named "Abuse", which was given to players who had obtained rings at exorbitant CLs due to a glitch, and one named "Integrity", which was given to any CL 10.0 players who did not possess one of those rings. Thanks to some confusion as well as some outright poor communication skills, the issue wound up a trifle more complex than all that - but as I said, if you weren't around, it's probably for the best that you not worry yourself over it... sweatdrop

Shameless Gawker

Red Kutai
x__s o y m i l k

User Image

Ah! No worries! 3nodding

This is something of an old discussion, and if you weren't around at the time that it rose to zeitgeist status, you're probably just as well off not concerning yourself with it. In short, though, there were two rings given out - one named "Abuse", which was given to players who had obtained rings at exorbitant CLs due to a glitch, and one named "Integrity", which was given to any CL 10.0 players who did not possess one of those rings. Thanks to some confusion as well as some outright poor communication skills, the issue wound up a trifle more complex than all that - but as I said, if you weren't around, it's probably for the best that you not worry yourself over it... sweatdrop

Ahhh I see. :3
Thanks for explaining! User Image

User Image

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
RafiCat

Also I want to point out, that despite being a frequent visitor to the forum, I was unaware that there was any reason to not get a glitched ring. I assumed that they would vanish at some point, and just thought it would be fun and amusing to run around with a level over 10.0 until they took the glitched rings away. I never saw any post by a dev stating that we were doing anything wrong by getting a glitched ring. If I had, I wouldn't have wanted to get one. I also assumed that they would have fixed it if they had issues with people getting the rings.

Lol same here.. I didn't really think that people who were getting glitched rings were doing anything wrong or trying to take advantage of the game in any way.. (I mean what would they use the higher level for, considering that every instance forces you to lower??? I doubt 99% of people that got them were leveling up for new content that was to be released.. rolleyes Especially since it would be incredibly ridiculous for them not to delete said rings with release of the new area. xp )

IMO, they shouldn't have made a stink and just deleted the darn things.. It's their fault they existed in the first place. rolleyes Punishing the users (and if I remember the announcement they made about the users who got these was pretty harsh..) seems out of line. xp

I got 2 integrity rings (one on mule) as well.. xd I didn't SS/SMOB at all at the time, and trying to kill super strong monsters for the off-chance of getting a useless higher CL that wouldn't last never appealed to me. xd

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
AterAliquis
People forget that exploiting a glitch is still a big no-no.

Exploit:
Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)

Don't get how having a CL of 18.6 was useful and/or had any benefit?

User Image

Abuse ring pl0x! xd Ban me while you're at it! 3nodding

Fashionable Humorist

14,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
Digitalgod17
AterAliquis
People forget that exploiting a glitch is still a big no-no.

You know jk encouraged it. If you want proof i can find a screen shot for you :3

Ohoho! 3nodding Do EET! Mama would LOVE to see this! Lol I agree with the OP. Majority of the people did if they could, myself included. emotion_awesome Went on a run that turned into RF and lol I got a drop, put the ring on to see my level and then salvaged it for orbs. :3 Majority of the people who got integrity were on haitus or like the OP didn't do RF exclusively or enough to warrant the "abuse" ring.

Fashionable Humorist

14,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
I also LOL hard at the people who went to do RF and used that to stock their ring sets... lol Then bawww'd hard when they got taken away. They weren't permanent, they were entertaining. Majority of the reason other CL 10's went and grabbed some were to see their levels finally rise about the norm. And for Gaia to talk about "Abuse" implies that I and other users knew that DMS was coming. I abused a glitch that did absolutely nothing for me in any real or damaging way. OMFG we were so ahead of the game gais, totes pro. emotion_awesome

Fashionable Humorist

14,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
Brooklyn Rage Mage
wreaks_havoc
Random Acts of Awesome
and all the people still bitching about it need to be reminded that they could have been banned.
Right, it was such a huge banable offense that they knew about it and didn't even give us a warning or make an announcement. Why? Because no one benefited from it, otherwise something would have been done about it immediately. Like they did when fishing was glitched, or people abusing the "save to inventory" feature in Towns. We should have been rewarded for being ingenious enough for finding something new to do on a stale and neglected game. Abuse my a**!
Abusing a glitch is still abusing a glitch, no matter how it's painted.

HUSH INTEG-BEARER! Pfft. talk2hand *kicks you off your soap box* MWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!

Destructive Bunny

I don't really mind if they changed mine to Inactivity, I think that would be hilarious. Those who are cl10 and active during that period can have theirs kept as Integrity.

New grant system will be...
Do not log on to zOMG for 3 months, automatically get granted Inactivity ring!

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Starshine
I don't really mind if they changed mine to Inactivity, I think that would be hilarious. Those who are cl10 and active during that period can have theirs kept as Integrity.

New grant system will be...
Do not log on to zOMG for 3 months, automatically get granted Inactivity ring!

Lol my mule got that one. biggrin

Oh and if gaia had given me an abuse ring, I would tototally have leveled it to 12 and carried it everywhere out of spite... Well at least for a week or so. xd

Fluffy Lover

If the integrity ring were to be made easily accessible/available to others then i'd like for the abuse ring to undergo the same accessibility as well (without having to go through Kam to get Abuse).

It's only fair biggrin

Familiar Lunatic

Hashtable

Exploit:
Make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)

Don't get how having a CL of 18.6 was useful and/or had any benefit?

weird bug

Abuse ring pl0x! xd Ban me while you're at it! 3nodding
Huh, what a weird bug D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out