Total Votes:[ 8 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
Random Acts of Awesome
and all the people still bitching about it need to be reminded that they could have been banned.
Right, it was such a huge banable offense that they knew about it and didn't even give us a warning or make an announcement. Why? Because no one benefited from it, otherwise something would have been done about it immediately. Like they did when fishing was glitched, or people abusing the "save to inventory" feature in Towns. We should have been rewarded for being ingenious enough for finding something new to do on a stale and neglected game. Abuse my a**!

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
wreaks_havoc
Random Acts of Awesome
and all the people still bitching about it need to be reminded that they could have been banned.
Right, it was such a huge banable offense that they knew about it and didn't even give us a warning or make an announcement. Why? Because no one benefited from it, otherwise something would have been done about it immediately. Like they did when fishing was glitched, or people abusing the "save to inventory" feature in Towns. We should have been rewarded for being ingenious enough for finding something new to do on a stale and neglected game. Abuse my a**!

would you really rather all of us get banned and both rings get removed from the game?

I'll go spam the AtAs until its done emotion_awesome

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
wreaks_havoc
Random Acts of Awesome
Abusing a glitch is still abusing a glitch, no matter how it's painted.

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
Random Acts of Awesome
wreaks_havoc
Random Acts of Awesome

would you really rather all of us get banned and both rings get removed from the game?

I'll go spam the AtAs until its done emotion_awesome
Get real. No one was going to be banned for that. Plus I don't see anything in my post that says I wanted to see us get banned and have the rings removed. The farce of it is I have an abuse on one account and 3 integrity on my mules. Personally, I thought it was hilarious when I got the abuse ring and read the description with it. What got me riled was the ridiculous statements from the devs/holier than thou players about how I should be thankful I wasn't banned. If they were going to ban me for something like that I'll leave the site willingly. Ridiculous fuss over nothing.

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
Brooklyn Rage Mage
I beg to differ. It's not abuse if you don't gain from it.
wreaks_havoc
Brooklyn Rage Mage

if they wanted to punish someone they should punish those who abuse the ps glitches etc

Benevolent Codger

Random Acts of Awesome
And JK's post (IIRC) was rather neutral on the subject, i believe he said they weren't bothering anyone at the moment and that was the extent of it. and they weren't, but the issue of people misusing the glitch should have been an obvious no-no

[ JK ]'s statements were anything but neutral, to be fair. He legitimately believed the glitch was harmless, and it made no difference to him whether people were farming them or not. The simple fact is, the rings weren't used to break the game, and the process of removing them would likely be the same no matter the quantity - he simply didn't see how it would make a difference, one way or another. [ JK ] did, well-and-truly, give players permission to utilise the glitch - "you can farm them" (a direct quote that I've had trouble locating, since) is rather hard to misunderstand. sweatdrop

I think the later overreaction came largely from a misunderstanding of intent - that is, it was believed that those players were trying to break the game, namely to get a 'head start' on future content (like DMS). For the majority of players I've encountered, that was not the case - those who actually understood that it was an unintended feature almost universally expected the rings to be removed (or de-leveled) in short order, and those who did not understand that had no suspicion they were doing anything wrong. The perceived crisis of swarms of players trying to abuse the game for their own benefit - the crisis to which the rings were intended to respond - simply didn't ever exist.

----

I'd personally like to see Integrity renamed to something less morally-charged - I'd suggest something along the lines of "Gaia's Blessing," as a counter to "Kamila's Curse". Additionally, I'd like to see developers given the ability to grant the ring at-will - primarily to be distributed at spawns and meets, as a sort of community reward. Essentially, as was originally intended, use it as a sign of Gaia's favour - when you do something that Gaia (that is, the devs) appreciate, the ring is an indicator thereof. This retains the best parts of the ring's original intent, while abandoning most of the negative connotations that affected its initial release...

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
wreaks_havoc
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Ok, maybe I worded that quite differently than I actually meant. You took part in what was known as a glitch. Even if no one benefitted, you used it in a figurative benefit. Some took it far too literally.

The ToS says "Exploiting site glitches for personal gain". Even if you didn't actually gain anything from Ring Farming at the time, it was still a glitch. You still participated.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
wreaks_havoc
Brooklyn Rage Mage

nope.

it was a glitch, and you took advantage of that glitch.

it doesn;t matter whether you gain from it or not. its still abuse.

@your response to me:
As i already stated, i have an original abuse ring, i had prior to the september 17th update around 15 CL18.6 rings and 2 16.6 rings,

yeah, we should have been banned (that would have been appropriate action, given other users who exploited other glitches on other games were banned)

but we weren't, and im thankful for that, i rather like my shinies.
EDIT:

wait, didn't we all already define this stuff a year ago? stare

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Red Kutai

I'd personally like to see Integrity renamed to something less morally-charged - I'd suggest something along the lines of "Gaia's Blessing," as a counter to "Kamila's Curse". Additionally, I'd like to see developers given the ability to grant the ring at-will - primarily to be distributed at spawns and meets, as a sort of community reward. Essentially, as was originally intended, use it as a sign of Gaia's favour - when you do something that Gaia (that is, the devs) appreciate, the ring is an indicator thereof. This retains the best parts of the ring's original intent, while abandoning most of the negative connotations that affected its initial release...

I really like this idea.

Benevolent Codger

Random Acts of Awesome

You do recognise that by the definition of "advantage", you really must gain something in order to "take advantage". Vastly more advantage has been gained through the use of 'self-raging' and similar glitches than was ever gained from glitched rings - the notion that glitched rings was a greater abuse is pretty far-fetched... neutral

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Red Kutai
Random Acts of Awesome
And JK's post (IIRC) was rather neutral on the subject, i believe he said they weren't bothering anyone at the moment and that was the extent of it. and they weren't, but the issue of people misusing the glitch should have been an obvious no-no

[ JK ]'s statements were anything but neutral, to be fair. He legitimately believed the glitch was harmless, and it made no difference to him whether people were farming them or not. The simple fact is, the rings weren't used to break the game, and the process of removing them would likely be the same no matter the quantity - he simply didn't see how it would make a difference, one way or another. [ JK ] did, well-and-truly, give players permission to utilise the glitch - "you can farm them" (a direct quote that I've had trouble locating, since) is rather hard to misunderstand. sweatdrop

I think the later overreaction came largely from a misunderstanding of intent - that is, it was believed that those players were trying to break the game, namely to get a 'head start' on future content (like DMS). For the majority of players I've encountered, that was not the case - those who actually understood that it was an unintended feature almost universally expected the rings to be removed (or de-leveled) in short order, and those who did not understand that had no suspicion they were doing anything wrong. The perceived crisis of swarms of players trying to abuse the game for their own benefit - the crisis to which the rings were intended to respond - simply didn't ever exist.

----

well, at this time i only actually recall that one quote i posted (it was during school year, so if more was said at dev meats, i missed them)

I however found the whole ordeal quite comical, and would love to see the original integrities/abuses returned to their original names (what an ordeal that would be for whoever has to sift through all of them) then implement your idea to all rings earned after september 20th (which, shockingly is my birthday)

ninja

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
Brooklyn Rage Mage
wreaks_havoc
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Ok, maybe I worded that quite differently than I actually meant. You took part in what was known as a glitch. Even if no one benefitted, you used it in a figurative benefit. Some took it far too literally.

The ToS says "Exploiting site glitches for personal gain". Even if you didn't actually gain anything from Ring Farming at the time, it was still a glitch. You still participated.
Exactly. Key words "for personal gain". Please explain what my "personal gain" was. The rings were useless. After the initial novelty wore off, I took them off and used only my cl 10 rings. Why? Because it took forever to get rage on gb with the stupid glitched rings on. I got no personal gain. The only gain I got from the rings was having something new to do in zOMG, a new ring (abuse) and a laugh when I read it's description.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Red Kutai
Random Acts of Awesome

You do recognise that by the definition of "advantage", you really must gain something in order to "take advantage". Vastly more advantage has been gained through the use of 'self-raging' and similar glitches than was ever gained from glitched rings - the notion that glitched rings was a greater abuse is pretty far-fetched... neutral

as far as i know, self-raging isn't a glitch, and bron stated that the issue with meat would remain, as a now intended feature.

If it is, then its never been reported (to my knowledge), and isn't recorded in any of the glitch record threads.

and actually, users obtained higher CL (practically speaking, its useless unless someone went into BB-full and suppressed to CL11)

and actually, if you look at any CL11+ rings, they do act as a CL10.001 (random number) ring when suppressed to CL10 (most obvious with meat, at RR1 it buffs to 401, instead of 400), which is a benefit, although a tiny one.

EDIT:

boy do i love the phrase "and actually" sweatdrop

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Well, as yet another person who got their Integrity Ring primarily because I was either largely inactive at the time, and not all that interested in getting a Ring that really didn't do anything for me, I hate to see something like this continuing to be a source of aggravation.

I agree that Integrity, which is a pretty useful Ring after all, should be made available to everyone.
Heck...more money for zOMG!, so what's not to like?

As for Abuse....yeah, I think it was a stupid thing to do, and yet another example of Gaia's stellar people skills.
Even though I wasn't playing a lot of zOMG! at the time, I was aware of the high level Rings, and monitored the z!F, and I don't recall there ever having been an announcement that going for them was an actionable offense.

It seems to me that, like some have already said, this punishes the people that zOMG! really should be encouraging....the Hard Core zOMGaians who, being desperate for something new in their game, took to farming high level Rings with the same enthusiasm they took into DMS.
Heck, the way I see it, these Rings represented the first new active content in zOMG! in a very long time, and you'd be crazy to expect people not to accept the first new challenge they'd been presented with in ages.

And re-naming it Kamilla's Curse and offering it as a drop for DMS is just plain dumb.
"Hey! You've just beaten the Boss of Bosses! Here's your prize! rolleyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces