Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like to see Integrity made available again?

Yes! 1 100.0% [ 61 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
1 2 3 >

Timid Fatcat

8,250 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
They did it with Abuse, it was re-released as Kamila's Curse. So why not the more useful ring that everyone wants, Integrity?
Heck, I wouldn't even mind paying for it, but I just feel like I've seriously lost out in not having one, just because I joined the site a little later.
Gaia, if your complaining zOMG doesn't make enough money, how hard would it be to recreate the ring and put it in the cash shop?
I of course decided to ask about this at yesterdays ATA. My reply? :
Panagrammic
This is true of any of the soulbound event items, though.

EIIiot
Just one question;
Do you have any intention in re-releasing the Integrity ring on zOMG? Just because I wasn't on Gaia at the time of it's initial release, and since it was an event ring obtaining it is now impossible.

Which didn't really answer anything..
Anyway, am I the only one which would really like this ring to be re-released and made obtainable to our newer users? emotion_donotwant

User Image <- And on a lighter note, Marshall is back to his old perverted tricks.

Oh Marshall! emotion_awesome

Benevolent Lunatic

I hate how I got the abuse ring. I did not know that ring farming was agaisnt TOS. there was no warning at all in the announcements that I saw. I think they should put a ring like Integrity in the cash shop, not the exact intergrity ring.

Hype Master

18,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
It does make sense actually... Any soulbound event items released before you were around aren't available to you. Not just integrity. It was given to members who kept their accounts honest, and didn't cheat when they had the opportunity. Just as if you weren't around for any other event, you miss out on the items or acheivement opportunities from that event.

Timid Fatcat

8,250 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
berry-sweet-promise
I hate how I got the abuse ring. I did not know that ring farming was agaisnt TOS. there was no warning at all in the announcements that I saw. I think they should put a ring like Integrity in the cash shop, not the exact intergrity ring.

I didn't even get any ring. emotion_8c
Exploiting site glitches is against ToS, but if you ask me it's kind of their fault for not maintaining their site properly. Yes, it's bad, and you shouldn't do it, but it was unfair to release such a good ring on a one-off. And they didn't even properly warn users about this before they actually went ahead and did it.
Just to clear things a bit, I didn't mean the ring had to be identical, just something similar. Fitness's boosts are good, but not enough if your tanking for Kamila or the likes.

Benevolent Lunatic

EIIiot
berry-sweet-promise

I didn't even get any ring. emotion_8c
Exploiting site glitches is against ToS, but if you ask me it's kind of their fault for not maintaining their site properly. Yes, it's bad, and you shouldn't do it, but it was unfair to release such a good ring on a one-off. And they didn't even properly warn users about this before they actually went ahead and did it.
Just to clear things a bit, I didn't mean the ring had to be identical, just something similar. Fitness's boosts are good, but not enough if your tanking for Kamila or the likes.

Agreed.

Timid Fatcat

8,250 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
II HazelSkye II
It does make sense actually... Any soulbound event items released before you were around aren't available to you. Not just integrity. It was given to members who kept their accounts honest, and didn't cheat when they had the opportunity. Just as if you weren't around for any other event, you miss out on the items or acheivement opportunities from that event.

Yeah, it does make sense I know. Like any event these things don't normally come around again, which is probably why this won't happen unfortunately.

But then, site glitches are considered events, and those that exploit them too are given a reward?
It was a good reward, for a good cause if you were an honest player, but some users didn't even know they were doing wrong from what I heard.

And I don't see the point in re-releasing Integrity's counterpart, Abuse, if that's the ring that nobody would want. That too was an event ring...

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
II HazelSkye II

A) The only soulbound items that I can think of that weren't continually released are oni set and the Halloween skins.. and actually oni set is now obtainable through alchemy.. xp Every other zomg event ring was not soulbound as well. wink

B) There is a big difference between a novelty item for showing off that you took part in the event.. and actual game changing items, like integrity. :p Things like Kamila not being able to sleep you, and the fact that it's a decent ring in almost any build make it far too powerful to just be an "event item".. Newer players DO have a considerable handicap for starting later. xp

C) I still take offense at the "We can't punish the users so we're gonna insult them with this crappy ring.." xp I think they should re-release it if only for the people who ended up with abuse. xd But, that's already been discussed into the ground and Gaia hasn't done anything.. so... :p meh. xp

Versatile Cutesmasher

II HazelSkye II

Desirable Noob

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
It's a good idea but since when has fairness become a factor on Zomg? When someone gives great reasons why items should re-introduced for new people the mules chime in and shot it down. Good luck with this!

Popular Noob

Well, in all fairness, given with how the ring was implemented into the game, I don't think they should. I think what they should do, is offer a ring in the cash shop similar to Integrity, but not actually Integrity.

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I have integrity, the ring, and just so no one believes the people saying ring-farmers were not warned, that's a lie. It was a well known glitch that we were told not to exploit, at one point there were people (users not devs) saying that people with 10+CL rings should be banned, since it was so clearly a violation of TOS.
I sympathize with you that you missed out, but I also get the dev's point for not re-releasing it.

Fluffy Hunter

I'd really like to see it re-released in some way or the other, I'm so tired of all the Integrity-Abuse whining by now...

Benevolent Codger

She-who-loves-hyphens
It was a well known glitch that we were told not to exploit, at one point there were people (users not devs) saying that people with 10+CL rings should be banned, since it was so clearly a violation of TOS.

I believe at the same point many users believed that the rings were an intentional addition to the game, as well - having discussed the issue ad nauseum when it was current, I can assure you that what was "clearly" a violation to some was just as clearly not to others. And as someone who - however begrudgingly - helped spread the word from the developers that ring-farming was not considered a punishable offense, I'm quite uncertain how you intend to claim that anyone was "told not to exploit" it. neutral

----

Panagrammic was not so much answering your question, as disarming your complaint - as he points out, myriad items on Gaia are available only upon initial release, including some items that are not transferable between accounts. He was less asserting that Integrity shouldn't be re-released, and more that there is no explicit reason why it needs to be. The debate over whether or not Integrity really should be re-released is a bit of a loaded question at this point, and I believe his non-answer was a sly avoidance of a veritable powder-keg... sweatdrop

Adored Cutie-Pie

16,000 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Naughty Maxi
It's a good idea but since when has fairness become a factor on Zomg? When someone gives great reasons why items should re-introduced for new people the mules chime in and shot it down. Good luck with this!

I'm part of the choir you're preaching to on this one my friend. When I asked for a ring to be offered or an updated version, players lost their minds and my comments were attacked by mule accounts who should quite frankly, stop worrying about what other players may or may not be getting. Perhaps they'll not attack you and I wish you the best of luck regarding this.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
When ring farming first started happening, we were told it wasn't a bannable offense, but it was a glitch and would be fixed. [ JK ] told us at a dev meat that the next update would include the removal of glitched rings, and this information was passed along to the forums. Anyone that really wanted to know was able to find this information.

There are soulbound skins and old items that aren't available anymore, and won't be released just because newer players didn't have a chance at them. That's what Pan was trying to get at, I think. The Integrity ring is the equivalent of the Angelic Halo. If you weren't there, you don't get one. That sucks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff