Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Buying Powerups now... I wish I'd known about this when I still had a ton of gcash...
hopefully this works, if it doesn't.........

User Image"well, we're boned."

Savvy Scrounger

23,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
User Image
I'd be glad to lend my art skills to you for posters and stuff.
Hey, guys =)

I'm looking to make posters for zOMG! for people to hang up on bus stop signs and such, like mentioned in the top post. Unfortunately, I'm a fail artist, and I don't want to use all of GaiaOnline's art for fear of copyright laws and such =/ I'll use the logo, obviously, but other than that...

So I was wondering what zOMG! art you've guys got rattling around, or that you could draw up. Anything, absolutely anything is amazing. Even if it's something little, I can make up an awesome collage or something. I can make anything work, I just need art.

PM me with the art so we don't clutter up CleoSombra's thread, and we'll get started. If its alright with Cleo, I can post the poster here when it's done, or I could make another thread with the image in it...

I can also make banners and anything else anyone might need, I just need the art. Because really, I'm a fail artist, and only text posters and images are no fun xD

8,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Megathread 100

I have to say, if Gaia gets rid of zOmg, they might just lose me as an avid user and consumer.

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Pie For All! 300
If anyone can make up some line art b&w posters/flyer thingies, I can print them off and put them on people's cars and junk. I just need something that one of you lovely's would be willing to share. <3

Familiar Lunatic

Great thread. For those who can afford it, be a walking add, print yourself a kickawesome z! shirt.

You could also tattoo your forehead...or your whole chest.
Then do a naked run at a major event : D
Okay, in addition to making posters I think I'm going to make a shirt-looks at gataka- ninja

hollow_lizard
Savaille

-And another idea, I think I'm going to host a contest...-snipped-

Great idea, everyone loves contests. I was also thinking something similar would help. I'm sure non zomg players would be enticed to try it out with the offer of gold and help. Something like " Get 30k (more or less) to try Zomg for an hour" and have an experienced player crew with the newbies to show them around and explain all the fun things and maybe even take them to places like zen and gold beach to show them a hint of the more "advanced" levels of the game. A full crew minus leader would cost 150k @ 30k each, A lot of people get turned off by ZOMG due to confusion of what to do (personally don't know how it could possibly be confusing but still) and having a leader show them around would eliminate that.
Lovely idea, but the only problem is that I'm not made of gold ^^;
If a lot of people showed interest then I wouldn't be able to afford it. A contest with higher (but fewer) prizes seems like a better option at this point, given the limitations. With your idea I'd also need volunteers to show people around because, while I'd probably be able to do some of them (more if this occurred over winter break), I'm pretty busy with school and college apps.

If I do start up the contest though I'll be posting links to some of the guides around, maybe add a 'common questions' post, and be there to answer questions myself as long as it's not giving people an unfair advantage.

Wheezing Cat

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pieversity 200
Savaille
Lovely idea, but the only problem is that I'm not made of gold ^^;
If a lot of people showed interest then I wouldn't be able to afford it. A contest with higher (but fewer) prizes seems like a better option at this point, given the limitations. With your idea I'd also need volunteers to show people around because, while I'd probably be able to do some of them (more if this occurred over winter break), I'm pretty busy with school and college apps.

If I do start up the contest though I'll be posting links to some of the guides around, maybe add a 'common questions' post, and be there to answer questions myself as long as it's not giving people an unfair advantage.

LOL of course you're not made of gold. My idea would have to be some kind of community effort thing which tends to only happen if there is something in it for them stare . Anyway, if you do a contest i will certainly donate an item for prize or at least some gold to help you buy a prize .

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
can the z! in the bubble be used for posters? just wondering... also great ideas you guys!!! <3
Menthy
[[Hi fellow zOMG lovers and Zurgs,

So I'm not much of a forum poster (so I can't even imagine trying to set up a thread for this) but I wanted to suggest sending in zOMG related art, letters, more to the HQ. Maybe fan art of zOMG. Or just fan art of staffers interacting with a zOMG monster (riding a fluff, in combat with something, etc).

For those of you who have problems mailing things (overseas, cost, etc) I am willing to print out the virtual copies of your letters/art/more and personally mail them myself for you. (Mailing from my location would mean about 3 days before envelope reaches the HQ).

I'm thinking something tangible showing up at the office here and there (with zOMG love all over it) will definitely get the staffers talking. It's not money, but a LOT of the staffers have plenty of cubicle wall space. And imagine the impact if they had a zOMG related fan art that they could put up next to their name tag on the outside of their cubicle. Just walking around the office would mean that one is reminded of zOMG. (The staffer doesn't even have to be zOMG related. Heck the less zOMG related the more uncharted terriority we can reach)]]

Menthy loves mail. There is not a single being that does not love mail.

I love the idea of mail! I live in PA, so lord knows how long it would take to get there. gonk

However, the purpose of this thread is really about raising awareness of zOMG! outside of the site. Your idea is really good for raising awareness within the office, though, like making the higher-ups realize that, dude, we're serious about our game. D: Perhaps you should make your own thread - I'll link to it here, if you like.

PC KiKi
User Image
I'd be glad to lend my art skills to you for posters and stuff.

That would be awesome. Do you have any ideas in mind? Is there anything that you need?
scullylam
can the z! in the bubble be used for posters? just wondering... also great ideas you guys!!! <3

I'm thinking so, yes, as it's the logo.

Also, we're advertising for zOMG and for Gaia. . . not for our own (outside Gaia) things. I think it fits fine under copyright laws. The main concern with copyrighting is when claiming something belongs you when it doesn't or trying to make money off of something you own - and we're not doing either.

I wonder if any mod could give a definitive answer, though.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
yeah. would be nice to know, so at least you guys that are making flyers won't get in trouble. then again, this can start back up that mischief makers thing gaia ran a few years ago. *lol* xd
hollow_lizard

LOL of course you're not made of gold. My idea would have to be some kind of community effort thing which tends to only happen if there is something in it for them stare . Anyway, if you do a contest i will certainly donate an item for prize or at least some gold to help you buy a prize .
It would still limit the amount of people I could get to join though; thinking realistically, there will only be so many donations. I dunno, it's something to think about. Maybe it could be a mini-event or something along with the main contest and have a smaller prize.
Thank you (:

I PM'ed [ JK ] about using the art in posters and advertisements and such, I'll let you all know when he gets back to me (if he ever does, he's super-busy right now, I'm sure =) )

I'm concerned about copyright things because even though we're not making money off of it, and we're not claiming it as our own, we are using the logos without permission to advertise, and even if it's for the site, it's still that weird fuzzy line that no one wants to cross =/ I just want to be safe, legal things are not things I like to toy with =(

I don't know about all of you, but I'm really excited to get moving about this =D I'm really angry and upset that it had to come to this, but now that it's here, I think it's awesome that we're doing something.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff